Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle  (Read 17084 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Humble Indie Bundle
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2010, 08:09:24 pm »

i am constantly broke in revenge of the titans. heh

i can never make lots of money witohut either spending it all or whatever on research or saving myself from death the next round.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2010, 12:12:05 am »

I think my problem with Cortex Commander was that I played it a while ago with an older build, and found the only noticeable thing about it was that it was extremely frustrating, since walking across a room would result in my legs getting ripped off and then I'd explode. I also got bored pretty quick as even with the "full" version there didn't seem to be a whole lot to actually do aside from modding, which was fun but only for so long. But like I said, this was a while ago - I'm sure a ton has been added to the game since then, so maybe its worth another try.

RotT is looking better and better though... maybe I will give a try after all. I have enjoyed a few innovative high quality Tower Defense games for a few hours at least, so it might be worth giving it a go.

After Christmas though. I can pawn off gifts and get this instead. :P

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2010, 12:21:38 am »

After Christmas though. I can pawn off gifts and get this instead. :P

This won't be available anymore by then. 4 days left.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2010, 02:31:54 am »

Time to scrounge up a buck or so for a couple copies of this. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2010, 06:44:50 am »

I think my problem with Cortex Commander was that I played it a while ago with an older build, and found the only noticeable thing about it was that it was extremely frustrating, since walking across a room would result in my legs getting ripped off and then I'd explode. I also got bored pretty quick as even with the "full" version there didn't seem to be a whole lot to actually do aside from modding, which was fun but only for so long. But like I said, this was a while ago - I'm sure a ton has been added to the game since then, so maybe its worth another try.

As an argument in favor of Cortex Command, I humbly plug this Livestream video. Hop to the midpoint for the most fun.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2010, 07:34:32 am »

Ah man, just finished Braid, it is SO good, the puzzles are all really unique, nothing that really repeats itself, and when you finally get them, you'll have that awesome "A-HA!" moment.  Note that I usually lose my patience with these types of games, but I refrained from using a guide at all!  (Okay I admit it I caved and started to look at one in one of the pieces for world 5 but then before starting to read it I remembered I had the ring  :P)
Now I guess there's also some deeper meaning to the game and I think I started to get it in the epilogue, figuring that out is going to be interesting.

On second thought maybe you do want to read this before playing...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:56:20 am by Kitsunin »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2010, 07:53:47 am »

THIS REALLY IS SPOILER!  Kind of a minor one though, still, don't read it unless you've played.

That's not a spoiler.  Well, okay it is, but that's a non-plot-related "if you are a 100% completion fanatic, you might as well click it at the start because it'll make you less crazy".  Things that are impossible to go back and get later really suck.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2010, 07:59:19 am »

Yeah, I decided to change it  :P

I had a guide at the ready, though I never actually wound up using it, though at the end I looked in it and I saw

Also, in RotT, the reason I was having so much trouble was because the radar didn't seem worth getting at first, little did I know it's probably the most important buff building to have.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2010, 06:55:31 pm »

I'm pretty crappy at RTS games and RotT is even worse with it's manual reloading of turrets and harvesting of minerals.  I actually managed to get to Minsk without losing, but now I'm totally stuck.  Even after going to an easier difficulty I just can't kill the boss before it runs through my defenses like they're nothing and one hits my base.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »

Be liberal with shields and heavy turrets.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2010, 08:28:48 pm »

Don't have those.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »

Don't have those.
Well there's your problem.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2010, 11:08:09 pm »

I'm kind of regretting my purchase so far...  I've only tried two of the games so far but Revenge of the Titans is just constant micromanagement, and even if you like and/or are good at that the only way to win is to know exactly what to research before hand.  Braid has nice atmosphere and looks like it has an interesting story but it's kind of ruined by the constant sound of swearing at the trial and error gameplay and the inability to jump onto a ladder while running left.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »

If you go back to the download page, there's now a Steam or Desura redeem button that allows you to get the applicable games on that platform.
Do note that CC and RotT are both absent from Steam, but that supposedly they will debut there eventually, and when they do, they'll automatically be added to your library.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »

I imagine that RotT will be added once it's at release quality, but CC seems more likely to die in a hole somewhere off a freeway never be added.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21