Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22931 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2010, 03:04:13 pm »

Hmm.

Develop a virus that takes over the mind and DNA of infected creature and puts it under our control.

Come on guys. The only thing that can stop us is a badass superalien, or some idiots building a gigantic weapon that wipes out all sapient life in the galaxy.

Also; cookie for you if you figure out what I'm referencing to.

Second one is Halo.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2010, 03:05:20 pm »

Wow that was fast.

*throws non existent cookie at Diablous*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2010, 03:05:49 pm »

Wow that was fast.

*throws non existent cookie at Diablous*

*eats cookie*
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »

I'm confused about how ~research works; if we can make something as complicated as leaves out of nothing, why can't we modify a insect to have flight and a piercing proboscis?
 Oh, and we know how incredibly large that thing is from the Surroundings information, for those that didn't notice. If it is a herbivore we are almost certainly doomed.
> Move brain underground while making root storage. If possible, invent mosquito with virus and DNA sampling capabilities.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »

We need DNA. We know how to make leaves, because the Snork had leaves, or something.
We don't know about flight or probosci though.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2010, 04:21:20 pm »

I'm confused about how ~research works; if we can make something as complicated as leaves out of nothing, why can't we modify a insect to have flight and a piercing proboscis?
 Oh, and we know how incredibly large that thing is from the Surroundings information, for those that didn't notice. If it is a herbivore we are almost certainly doomed.
> Move brain underground while making root storage. If possible, invent mosquito with virus and DNA sampling capabilities.
The leaves come from the snorks; they are based on their tails.
Yes.
Snork: Three legged fox with a photosynthetic fishtail.
You have to admire the imagination of this guy. Resepctp.

Do not, I repeat, NOT, try to attack the creature. All Our ProtoSoldiers against it would still be a battle of 1:475. The creature would stomp Our soldiers and then trample Us (and the surrounding plant life) in acid-induced pain. Then it would plod off again, with nothing but a light rash, whilst We have been devastated. The best We could hope for would be for a soldier to climb up its legs and shoot acid in its eyes, but that would still not kill it, and it would still probably trample Us.
How do you know this? It seems to me like it's quite small. Maybe a wolf.
See the statuses. There is one mammal in the area. Additionally, there is 1.9 tons of mammal in the area. QED there is one 1.9 ton mammal in the area.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »

sorry but you have understood this wrong: there are 1,9 tons of a mammal species around here not one 1,9 ton mammal.
Oh and that with the snork-fishtail thing and research works the following way:
the snork thingies have a fishtail-like tail :o
Mixed with the DNA of our Triffid-vines you get leaves... pretty easy isn't it? anyway if we manage to gather the DNA of something flying wecan copy this and make our things flying...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »

Can we adapt the leaves to be put on a small insect and to be flapped?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »

Considering that (non-photosynthetic vines)+(non-photosynthetic fish tail)=(photosynthetic leaves), that isn't far off at all...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2010, 04:43:49 pm »

Oh.
Whoops.
leaves don't work like that

Anyway.
I stand by my previous action- anything big enough to shake the ground is to big for our soldiers to deal with. So do not act aggressively towards it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »

I note that the mind network costs 3 days, however does that mean it takes three days to make or we skip three days of time. If it's the former I vote for it.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:44 pm »

Well we don't need a real mosquito, we can just have a small bug with a sharp horn and a small storage sack(we can have those on the plant so why not on a bug), they go cut something up and suck up anything that comes out, not really complicated.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

I stand by my previous action- anything big enough to shake the ground is to big for our soldiers to deal with. So do not act aggressively towards it.
We're a plant. We live in the ground. A very angry dung beetle could shake the ground, to us.
It's like when you put your ear against a table and tap on the table, right? You can hear it really loudly. Humans wouldn't be able to detect shaking, probably, because we only touch the ground with our feet - but plants are embedded in it, and we have crazy mindmeld-senses.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2010, 07:59:42 pm »

but 1.9 tons is a hell of a lot  of mammal.

OH SH*T
SKELEPHANTS!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2010, 08:02:37 pm »

Like the GM said, it's not all one mammal. Chances are there's 100 snorks around and the attacker is only 50 pounds or something.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27