Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22933 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2010, 01:57:19 pm »

Leave the mosquito as a design until we can also give it the ability to infect.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2010, 02:10:20 pm »

OOC: you don't have anything mosquito like so you can't create something like that...

So shalll it be...You feel ever new sensations as your brain grows dramatically. The Growth from 0,5 kg to 2,5 kg was amazing. You don't understand why controlling these feeble minions should be such complicated. Although ist still costsmuch energy to keep control...

Day 5 Nightfall
Your brain Growth is complete and your minions work again although still just with half capacity. But that's enough anyway as you realize that you can't storage the whole Biomass. But the solution crawls to you, so to state: your Workers bring you massive amounts of the 3m high shrubs around you and as you analize the DNA, you notice that all those shrubs around you are actually only one connected by a system of roots. But not only that but they have different kind of roots. Some can Storage water, others seem to work as transmitters, producing a highly organized system of these shrubs who can coomunicate with each other. This is highly interesting...

Day 5 Midnight
You can hear sounds of a bigger creature than insects and snorks. it must have a respectablesize because the earth trembles beneath you...

increased Brain Size
   gained unkown Shrub DNA
   gained Hive Mind upgrades
   gained new DNA Plans

Status

Hive
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hive

Bestiary

Surroundings

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2010, 02:13:09 pm »

Shall we get the mind network and storage roots?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:44 pm »

Uh-oh, what if it's an herbivore!

Can we develop seeds, or bud through our roots, like bamboo?

Get the mind network, and then the storage roots.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:51 pm »

Yes, yes we should.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2010, 02:15:35 pm »

I agrees since we have 20kg of biomass in storage
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2010, 02:16:45 pm »

Yes, yes we should.
yes, yes we should
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »

Excrete Strong Acid, and keep your ProtoSoldiers on high alert! If an enemy is detected, have the workers go into a coma and use all your mental resources to attack with the soldiers, acid, and vines!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2010, 02:40:28 pm »

Excrete Strong Acid, and keep your ProtoSoldiers on high alert! If an enemy is detected, have the workers go into a coma and use all your mental resources to attack with the soldiers, acid, and vines!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2010, 02:47:49 pm »

Yes, start developing your Mind Network and grow some of them sweet, sweet storage roots.

Meanwhile, oh shit!
1.9 tons of angry mammal are bearing down upon Us.
That is a lot of mammal.
Secrete a weak version of Triffid Acid through Our leaves to discourage it from eating Us.
Do not, I repeat, NOT, try to attack the creature. All Our ProtoSoldiers against it would still be a battle of 1:475. The creature would stomp Our soldiers and then trample Us (and the surrounding plant life) in acid-induced pain. Then it would plod off again, with nothing but a light rash, whilst We have been devastated. The best We could hope for would be for a soldier to climb up its legs and shoot acid in its eyes, but that would still not kill it, and it would still probably trample Us.
Long Live United Forenia!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2010, 02:49:38 pm »

Only attack it if it tries to eat us, though.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2010, 02:50:08 pm »

Yes, start developing your Mind Network and grow some of them sweet, sweet storage roots.

Meanwhile, oh shit!
1.9 tons of angry mammal are bearing down upon Us.
That is a lot of mammal.
Secrete a weak version of Triffid Acid through Our leaves to discourage it from eating Us.
Do not, I repeat, NOT, try to attack the creature. All Our ProtoSoldiers against it would still be a battle of 1:475. The creature would stomp Our soldiers and then trample Us (and the surrounding plant life) in acid-induced pain. Then it would plod off again, with nothing but a light rash, whilst We have been devastated. The best We could hope for would be for a soldier to climb up its legs and shoot acid in its eyes, but that would still not kill it, and it would still probably trample Us.

This.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »

1. Create mind network.
2. Try to create new creatures from the combination of SnorkDNA and ScarabDNA
3. If eaten try to infect the eater
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2010, 02:56:53 pm »

How do you know this? It seems to me like it's quite small. Maybe a wolf.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2010, 03:03:35 pm »

Hmm.

Develop a virus that takes over the mind and DNA of infected creature and puts it under our control.

Come on guys. The only thing that can stop us is a badass superalien, or some idiots building a gigantic weapon that wipes out all sapient life in the galaxy.

Also; cookie for you if you figure out what I'm referencing to.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27