Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624130 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2430 on: December 14, 2011, 09:10:52 pm »

Diplomacy=/=Law.
They won't care about non-liability when they attack us.
IT could be seen as an act of aggression, too, when we bring a megabeast to their fortress, with a bunch of warriors.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #2431 on: December 14, 2011, 09:17:44 pm »

Yeah just do magical elf caravan stacking using DF Physics

But seriously, leave the titan behind in a cage maybe out at the deepest part of the swamp, let him be someone elses problem,  I still don't even remember the reason to capture the titan.,.. I thought ... it was to sell to the Dwarves? Either way I say lighten to future load by leaving the titan behind.

It's not that I want to make those peoples posts pointless, but I think in the end the titan is foolish and doesn't add to the story... unless it gets free and goes on a rampage.
Besides unless it's a stealth attack on the Dwarven Mountain Homes, you'd need to at least try and tame the titan.

tl;dr

Ditch or tame the titan, use magical Elven DF physics stacking, get across the river  using whatever flotation device ends up being created, and get ready for ... I think those are actually Hills not a desert, and not sure on the blue wispy bit.

The titan is Toady One. We can't leave him behind! Think of the profit! The dwarves would love him!
Dear god, you know what dwarves do, Elmach. Once they try to experiment the fortress'll be flattened. Diplomacy will go down.
All sales are final, The Caravan is not liable for any experiment results obtained post-purchase.
Thiiiiis.

Wait, there are still others to trade with, right?

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »

Alright so after the elves, the mules, the turtle and the turtle's pet fish pull the cargo across the river I guess we need to think of what to do next... looking at:

Spoiler: This Image (click to show/hide)

It appears we'll be walking in a desert soon... reckon we can add giant desert scorpions to our petting zoo?

EDIT:

Ahem

Spoiler: THIS IMAGE (click to show/hide)

To complete the set:

Spoiler: The most recent map (click to show/hide)

We are probably heading to the East end of the Whispering Marshes, with just a short section of hills to cross.  For reference, those are the Hills of Foreboding.

Hills... shall we swap out the giant desert scorpions for bogeymen then?

Nah.  Our awesome spiritual body paint means no bogeymen.

--Rexfelum

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #2433 on: December 15, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

Thiiiiis.
Why is it everytime it's possible to make the 'Thiiiiis' joke (or any other) on this thread I arrive a post or two after it's been told? I'll swear, it's like a conspiracy to stop me from posting!

...That said I agree with the quote pyramids point. Selling the Titan to Dwarves isn't our goal. It is our Forum Gamely Duty as posters on Bay 12. We must prove ourselves to the Dwarves as their equals in really-bad-and-possibly-suicidally-stupid ideas!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 15, 2011, 03:15:21 pm »

It seems that this forum game has released another annual update! I can't wait till next year when the Next update will be released :P.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:50 pm »

I quite enjoyed the badass face on the turtle in the last picture. Would you mind if I used it as my avatar?

Sure! Go right ahead!

It seems that this forum game has released another annual update! I can't wait till next year when the Next update will be released :P.

I LOLed, hard.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »

I quite enjoyed the badass face on the turtle in the last picture. Would you mind if I used it as my avatar?

Sure! Go right ahead!

Excellent.

I had to add in Amala's face or else the picture looked weird. Sadly it kinda shifts focus away from the badass turtle.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 15, 2011, 09:12:00 pm »

Clearly we need a larger version of badass turtle

That's a right shame, it is.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »

Clearly we need a larger version of badass turtle

That's a right shame, it is.

Obviously a larger version of badass turtle would be awesome.

'Tis a right shame indeed.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »

I had to add in Amala's face or else the picture looked weird.

If you're serious about shifting the focus, you might try a series of different crops.  Cropping right below her eyes would show that there's a face while giving more "weight" to Emofe.

--Rexfelum

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 15, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »

Suggestion: Based on
Spoiler: The most recent map (click to show/hide)
, we are approaching hills right after saving Amala and meeting Enofe. Also, we've lost just a handful of elves against animal men.

Read it again, ANIMAL MEN. Compared to most other civilizations out there, they were our allies and then turned against us because of a slight conflict. If we are able to lose a couple of elves to them, who is to say how many will die when we traverse the next ten or so miles? Human bandits, goblin ambushes...Human rider bandits...

It seems that the next thing past the marshes are plains or hills so we must expect some sort of attack there, train up the spearelves in the meantime and gather ammunition for the bowelves, our supplies won't wear thin soon because of the food we just gathered. Also, stating again:

...try to be friends with the titan, if by any reason whatsoever that we get into a death situation, and some suggest to free the titan as a last resort [chance to kill us] why not make friends with it in the meantime as we wait for our warriors to return? Then we might have a fighting chance [against many other dangers, we still have NOT passed the goblins/humans, and nobody has yet encountered roving bandits/night creatures].

Umm, all this is based on the fact that either we are moving magnets of danger or other people just want our stuff, or our deaths. [/exaggeration]

Also, Amala's backstory seems like a good place to know more about her. But I put my full faith in our current conscious leader.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 15, 2011, 10:57:12 pm »

Yeah, make friends with the best that ate several fo our elves, is a titan, and who we trapped. That'll work real well.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 16, 2011, 03:18:25 am »

So how long until the turtle starts becoming amala?
I expect it to get blonde hair and a sweet hat 2 updates after being placed on her head.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 16, 2011, 03:42:07 am »

I expect it to get blonde hair and a sweet hat 2 updates after being placed on her head.

Elves don't breed that way.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 16, 2011, 04:29:17 am »

Elves don't breed that way.
What? I was talking about the turtle turning into Amala not the turtle being on amala's head and general Dwarf Fortress biology leading to a half turtle half badass elf son/daughter?
Which doesn't work unless someone used an utility that removes the race barrier with creatures and fix the issue with crossbreeding animals anything that doesn't have the same race descriptions.
Which was that you can't look at their descriptions with out horribly breaking the universe.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 185