Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624949 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #870 on: May 23, 2010, 04:56:12 pm »

Know what would be better than ruthlessly slaughtering amphibian men and adding their delicious roasts to our caravan? Repairing ties between our peoples and regaining them as friends. That way we'll be able to come this way again without being set upon by amphibian raiders every damn time. Just give them a bin of wooden goods and maybe some strawberry wine, and make a good speech about how we're reaching out to start a new age of prosperity. Amala's not great at that, but with the gifts it'll probably work.

But barring that, rush into the foliage and add their delicious roasts to our caravan. Our bowelves are mostly converted now, so either we unconvert them or there's no point to fighting in the open.

I would also like to point out that there's not much harm in giving them as much as we're willing to part with, since if it doesn't work we just lose initiative and then reclaim the goods.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 23, 2010, 05:34:29 pm »

I would also like to point out that there's not much harm in giving them as much as we're willing to part with, since if it doesn't work we just lose initiative and then reclaim the goods.
Unless, of course, they run off with the goods and THEN attack. If we try to fight off an entire village, we'll likely take heavy casualties.

My thoughts on the positions:
1) Good, open ground. We'll likely lose a few elves, but our goods should be safe, and getting back to it shouldn't be very difficult.
2) We'll probably lose some goods as we chase them, unless we leave plenty of elves behind to guard the caravan. This would cause us to lose more elves.
3) I see no easy way to get across. It would likely show our intentions, and we'd lose the initiative as we are fought in unfavorable terrain.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #872 on: May 23, 2010, 05:54:06 pm »

Know what would be better than ruthlessly slaughtering amphibian men and adding their delicious roasts to our caravan? Repairing ties between our peoples and regaining them as friends. That way we'll be able to come this way again without being set upon by amphibian raiders every damn time. Just give them a bin of wooden goods and maybe some strawberry wine, and make a good speech about how we're reaching out to start a new age of prosperity. Amala's not great at that, but with the gifts it'll probably work.
I like this idea, avoiding conflict would be preferable, since we don't want to lose any elves.
Making friends would be even better, because we'll probably want to come back to dwarven lands again, and we don't want to have to fight them every time.
We can also give them some trade goods now, and promise them more on the way back. We'll have a ton of useless rock crafts to give them.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 23, 2010, 06:37:33 pm »

It eyes Amala with scrutiny and croaks before speaking in a very basic dialect of which only Elves can understand, "Want no Amanereli here! You make much noise! Angers god of the marsh! Angry god demand tribute, or crush Amanereli for disturbing rest!"

Anyone notice that its a Frog telling us that that we are too noisy...???
They are mad at us for being loud. In other words the "Thiiiiiiiis" song the elves were singing. They are clearly servants of the Toady One.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 23, 2010, 06:54:24 pm »

Or we could give an impassioned speech about what losers they've become since they lost that war, and how they've closed themselves off, and how this is an intervention and we still love the amphibian men and want our old friends back.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 23, 2010, 06:59:40 pm »

Or we could give an impassioned speech about what losers they've become since they lost that war, and how they've closed themselves off, and how this is an intervention and we still love the amphibian men and want our old friends back.
Methinks calling them losers would be a bad FUN idea.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #876 on: May 23, 2010, 07:47:17 pm »

I say we call upon old alliances, I mean, it wasn`t the elves fault that the humans killed off the frogpeople.
We could have Amala ask the frogs if they would be interested in retying the ropes of friendship between the two nations.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 23, 2010, 07:51:05 pm »

I would say number 3, take the high ground.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 23, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »

It eyes Amala with scrutiny and croaks before speaking in a very basic dialect of which only Elves can understand, "Want no Amanereli here! You make much noise! Angers god of the marsh! Angry god demand tribute, or crush Amanereli for disturbing rest!"

Anyone notice that its a Frog telling us that that we are too noisy...???
They are mad at us for being loud. In other words the "Thiiiiiiiis" song the elves were singing. They are clearly servants of the Toady One.
Yeah didn't see that as I blasted through all the posts after the update, my bad for being awake at 4am to go to work after an half hour drive...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 24, 2010, 12:09:52 am »

My vote goes to pieceful solution. And trying to befriend them wold be SOOOOOOOO cool.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

kdthehun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:44 am »

We should just drop the dead elephant at his feet (ouch) and watch the entangle their sticky tongues as they try to catch the flies it has attracted. Than we make a run for it.
A signature suppose to be something catchy, like an egg that falls and you don't want it broken... something that i just can't think of now...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 24, 2010, 02:56:38 am »

Definitely go for the tribute.

this is a diplomatic mission, if we make more than one allegiance, we will be doubly successful.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 24, 2010, 05:29:51 am »

But barring that, rush into the foliage and add their delicious roasts to our caravan. Our bowelves are mostly converted now, so either we unconvert them or there's no point to fighting in the open.

TH[I*9000]S!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:39 am »

Seeking to appease the tribesmen with tribute, the Elves of Amanereli offer one of their elephants.

Pulling a sales pitch like a used car salesman, one of the elves tries to explain how a dead and rotting elephant is better than the two living and quite healthy ones behind him, "Just think of the accessories. It has not one, not two, but FOUR elves attached to the tusks. And if that doesn't sate the cravings of your marsh god, just think of all the flies this baby will be attracting! You'll never go hungry again!"

The frogman is not amused. More so, he's insulted by the offering of what must be, in his mind, the least valuable thing in the entire caravan. Rotting corpses? Just thinking about it drives him into a blinding rage, which he puts to good effect.

Elf Deaths: 6
Elves Remaining: 47

After witnessing the skewering of the elf, Amala quickly releases an arrow with deadly accuracy. A few of the other elves calls out to the rest of the caravan, "Fall Back! Head for the clearing!"

The bloodthirsty frogmen don't let the caravan get far. Immediately they spring into action, charging against the front line of elves. Fierce combat breaks out with Amala at the forefront. Amanereli shields are brought to bear, wooden swords hack wildly while spears stab out.

Blood is spilled.

Elf Deaths: 7
Elves Remaining: 46

The Elves of Amanereli are skilled warriors, but there is no telling how many amphibian men lurk within the fog. Now that combat has been initiated, if the caravan wishes to move into the clearing, it must do so as a fighting withdrawal. Unless of course, the Elves of Amanereli wish to alter their course and take to the foliage, or make for the hill? It's time for the military minded elves of the group to speak their thoughts, strategies and battle tactics will be welcomed.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 24, 2010, 07:18:44 am »

Those bastard frogs! We must make them PAY!

All bowelves at the ready - it seems the amphibian men have spears only, so a retreat to the clearing will give us a better view. Spearelves take anything that gets close, bows shoot anything that comes into view. We'll get to the spot we want to and then wait this out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:20:31 am by Samthere »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 185