Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 625035 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #765 on: May 16, 2010, 09:02:45 pm »

ATM, due to it being fog, Melee is the best course of action. As a Range weapon needs time to work out the aim needed and when you can't see something till the last moment bows and arrows would be shit. 2/3rds of the Bowelves Swap out bows for Swords/Spears  Group together at a reasonable distance, move the caravan towards the center. Use the spearelves to cover the rear by forming a phallax, while the unarmed elves who are between the rear guard and the caravan collect random stuff on the ground to pelt at anything that attacks from their direction... Those with Swords are the front guard. Spread out at arms distance so that they have enough space to swing while 1/3 of the Bowelves stay equipped with bow and use the space given to set up quick volleys when available. Not wildly firing. If anything if the Swordelves are face with a large swarm from on direction, they should crouch, the bows fire, then the swords counter the remaining that was not hit by arrows...

All this if the 'voices' are hostile and killable... ^_^
Thiiiiiiiis~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »

ATM, due to it being fog, Melee is the best course of action. As a Range weapon needs time to work out the aim needed and when you can't see something till the last moment bows and arrows would be shit. 2/3rds of the Bowelves Swap out bows for Swords/Spears  Group together at a reasonable distance, move the caravan towards the center. Use the spearelves to cover the rear by forming a phallax, while the unarmed elves who are between the rear guard and the caravan collect random stuff on the ground to pelt at anything that attacks from their direction... Those with Swords are the front guard. Spread out at arms distance so that they have enough space to swing while 1/3 of the Bowelves stay equipped with bow and use the space given to set up quick volleys when available. Not wildly firing. If anything if the Swordelves are face with a large swarm from on direction, they should crouch, the bows fire, then the swords counter the remaining that was not hit by arrows...

All this if the 'voices' are hostile and killable... ^_^
Thiiiiiiiis~

it's getting annoting, please stop.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:50 pm »

How about using Agreed
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 16, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »

I don't see why you peeps are so adverse to that, yeah it was potentially annoying when a person would stretch it out dozens of characters long, but this it much less so. And it's not like he's insulting you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 16, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »

I agree with forming up, but I think we should wait to attack until attacked. Firing blindly isn't too likely to hit anything anyway, and if we don't have to fight the kobolds/alligatormen/amphibianmen/luigis we might not want to. Animalmen in particular are likely to be more susceptible to diplomacy than pointy things.

And I mean, even if we DO decide to kill them all it's not like we can't initiate diplomacy and then change our minds. Or extort them out of slaves, or whatever.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 16, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »

I don't see why you peeps are so adverse to that, yeah it was potentially annoying when a person would stretch it out dozens of characters long, but this it much less so. And it's not like he's insulting you.

I agree that four or five i's are not that bad but it inevitability turns into a quot pyramid of one-ups-man-ship ending after a this with forty two I's in 36 fount and ether the GM or toady coming in and stopping it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 16, 2010, 11:37:14 pm »

What if it's buzzards, come to steal our berries?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 16, 2010, 11:37:55 pm »

What if it's buzzards, come to steal our berries?

oh no not the buzzards were doooomed
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 17, 2010, 12:09:50 am »

How about using Agreed
Agreeeeeeeed.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2010, 01:01:44 am »

I agree with forming up, but I think we should wait to attack until attacked. Firing blindly isn't too likely to hit anything anyway, and if we don't have to fight the kobolds/alligatormen/amphibianmen/luigis we might not want to. Animalmen in particular are likely to be more susceptible to diplomacy than pointy things.

And I mean, even if we DO decide to kill them all it's not like we can't initiate diplomacy and then change our minds. Or extort them out of slaves, or whatever.

Heartily concurred. Note the lack of extra vowels. As we form a defensive perimeter, be sure to station a few sharp-sighted warriors right next to each Mule, to PROTECT THE HORDE FROM SKULKING FILTH.

kdthehun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2010, 01:42:10 am »

It just occured to me... we might be all doomed here, they are ghosts and we all gonna get possesed! @_@
A signature suppose to be something catchy, like an egg that falls and you don't want it broken... something that i just can't think of now...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2010, 01:48:20 am »

It just occured to me... we might be all doomed here, they are ghosts and we all gonna get possesed! @_@

zombie gator men.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2010, 02:18:58 am »

they might just be wolfbears.

were doomed, basically.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:26 am »

We all now wait patiently for the next update :)

This.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 185