Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 625018 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:40 am »

they might just be wolfbears.

were doomed, basically.
Wolfbears look different. Also we would already be dead; wolfbears have no mercy. Fact.
Long Live United Forenia!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 17, 2010, 07:47:39 am »

We all now wait patiently for the next update :)

This.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. Sorry couldn't resist, and its my first this ever so let me just get it out of the system, //breathes deep and breaths out heavily...// Ahhh, there we go, moving on...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 17, 2010, 07:48:46 am »

EDIT: Redacted in case this causes death without our being able to stop it.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 17, 2010, 08:41:21 am »

i keep reading people talking about our swords? when did we bring any swords?

also it is hard to see through fog, not impossible. amala has told us we are surrounded, we shoul be firing our bows at anything we see moving that isnt an elf (once we get into a circle)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 17, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »

We have untrained swordselves
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:13 pm »

i think we should form a defensive circle and have the spear elves form a spiky barrier. the bowelves should setup behind them and fire at anything they see move in the mist.

does anyone else think its undead and that the caravan is now boned? (bad pun i know, i'm sorry)
I think the thing he said is a good thing to do, so I vote for it also.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #786 on: May 17, 2010, 03:15:58 pm »

ALL OF YOU, STOP THE THIIIIIIIS SPAM NOW.

Need I remind you that Toady One himself came in and told you idiots to stop.

I got a report on this thread.  There is a lot of garbage in here, and not just the recent laser stuff.  Please play the game properly or don't post.  I can't allow the thread to completely degenerate because that has not ended well in the past.

Changing the word you spam does not change the fact that you are spamming. Cease and Desist.

Also, on Topic: Melee circle with archers in the middle is the idea we should follow. Firing blindly into the mist will not work, and will not hit a thing, just waste arrows.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2010, 03:35:44 pm »

it is not spanmming to show support for an idea that you support. that was not the issue

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2010, 03:36:26 pm »

ALL OF YOU, STOP THE THIIIIIIIS SPAM NOW.

Need I remind you that Toady One himself came in and told you idiots to stop.

I got a report on this thread.  There is a lot of garbage in here, and not just the recent laser stuff.  Please play the game properly or don't post.  I can't allow the thread to completely degenerate because that has not ended well in the past.

Changing the word you spam does not change the fact that you are spamming. Cease and Desist.
"Thiiiiiiiiiiis" is not spam, it's just needlessly adding some letters. It's still an important post, expressing agreement with the opinion of the quotee.

If you like another poster's idea, quote his post and say "this".
People who say "thiiiiiiiiiis" are still within the bounds of contributing to the thread.

If DarkerDark expresses a wish for this to stop, I'm sure everyone would respect that and stop, but DarkerDark's even included "thiiiiis" as an Elven travelling song in the official posts.

It's my belief, and of at least some others, that Toady came because of continuous massive thread derailment, not because of "thiiiiiis".

Furthermore, I feel that arguing about it is way more off-topic than actually doing it, so I shan't mention it again.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2010, 04:26:45 pm »

Spoiler:  V_V (click to show/hide)

Hey look everyone, It's Kobolds maybe! And the rails!

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2010, 04:36:20 pm »

I'm just going to guess the impossible and say it's a secret civilization of swamp elves wearing toad masks.
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 17, 2010, 04:42:59 pm »

I vote Phalanx formation with bowelves behind. Don't know what to do with the swordelves, I guess either give them spears if we have extra or place them just behind the tips of the phalanx spears. Have Amala or someone else call out to the creatures in both the elven and animal tongues what they're here for. If they're attacked, don't forget which way the pointy end goes.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 18, 2010, 03:41:52 am »

>Amala: Flip the frick out.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 18, 2010, 06:24:25 am »

I agree with forming up, but I think we should wait to attack until attacked. Firing blindly isn't too likely to hit anything anyway, and if we don't have to fight the kobolds/alligatormen/amphibianmen/luigis we might not want to. Animalmen in particular are likely to be more susceptible to diplomacy than pointy things.

And I mean, even if we DO decide to kill them all it's not like we can't initiate diplomacy and then change our minds. Or extort them out of slaves, or whatever.
This.
We should talk first, we are treehuggers! If they are animal people and not kobolds, they are likely to be in peace and harmony with us. Theoretically.
We can still slaughter them after making friends. Maybe they use immorally obtained wood...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 18, 2010, 06:26:37 am »

I agree with forming up, but I think we should wait to attack until attacked. Firing blindly isn't too likely to hit anything anyway, and if we don't have to fight the kobolds/alligatormen/amphibianmen/luigis we might not want to. Animalmen in particular are likely to be more susceptible to diplomacy than pointy things.

And I mean, even if we DO decide to kill them all it's not like we can't initiate diplomacy and then change our minds. Or extort them out of slaves, or whatever.
This.
We should talk first, we are treehuggers! If they are animal people and not kobolds, they are likely to be in peace and harmony with us. Theoretically.
We can still slaughter them after making friends. Maybe they use immorally obtained wood...

yeah. I'm gonna go with not killing indiscriminately. After all, if they are some yucky thing like slugmen, then the obligatory "eat the dead" bit is gonna be a real problem. Might even kill MORE on our side, if slugmen are poisonous.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 185