Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Forum move/upgrade  (Read 29737 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Forum move/upgrade
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2010, 02:50:51 pm »

Err, hmm, disregard that earlier report. Blast it, Firefox, for all your customizability you can't pack a simple "Zoom level" indicator! It was a matter of zooming in to 100%. I noticed when I saw my screenshots reduced in size. It's all fine now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2010, 04:14:52 pm »

Yep. Direct link to choose smiley set (including "No Smileys" if you just hate them in general):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

And for reference, what each set looks like:
Default:

Classic:

Akyhne:

Aaron (now set as the forum default):

One I'd like to see added, DarkB (can't tell from this, but most are very nicely animated):

EDIT: oh, and for the record, I am looking forward to dwarf smileys from Mike Mayday if they happen. :)

I would personally prefer the old ones(Were hard to get an image of: I had to open one of the old pages in my cache, but also remember to use offline mode)

One of the first things I did after seeing the new smilies was copy the old ones from my cache, so if the lack of them was due to losing the images with the move, I have those.
Eh?
Eh!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2010, 04:21:55 pm »

Yeah, I like the older ones better than the "classic"... look at : rolleyes : for instance.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »

I, too, like the old ones.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:17 pm »

I'm just using the new classic smiles they're fine.  They don't have any white edges when using the Darkling theme.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a2n4y5mwneh

All of them, as copied from cache(except with the [1] added to their names removed).

Even if you can't use them in the forum, just open the file and gaze at them in the full animated glory that they once had, until you feel content for the day.
Eh?
Eh!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com should auto direct to bay12games.com.

Currently, it just says, 'Hello!' though friendly its pointless.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:42 pm »

I would personally prefer the old ones(Were hard to get an image of: I had to open one of the old pages in my cache, but also remember to use offline mode)

Different strokes for different folks, I guess... I've always thought the old defaults were terrible, though honestly the newer ones aren't much better. However, the old ones are easy enough to add back in and won't affect anyone who doesn't want them, so... anyway, Toady knows how to add them back as an option.

EDIT:
http://www.bay12forums.com should auto direct to bay12games.com.

Currently, it just says, 'Hello!' though friendly its pointless.
I approve.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:32:26 pm by Janus »
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »

I think the forum header with the title of the game should lead to bay12games when clicked on, as well. Cyclic design and whatnot. Bay12forums should probably just redirect to the forum main page so its not weird.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2010, 04:51:51 pm »

hit a problem. i cannot edit the poll in my save compatibility thread. the error is:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/srv/www/www.bay12forums.com/public_html/smf/Themes/core/Poll.template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/www.bay12forums.com/public_html/smf/Themes/darkling/Poll.template.php  on line 5

thread is:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55210.0

Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2010, 05:38:34 pm »

hit a problem. i cannot edit the poll in my save compatibility thread. the error is:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/srv/www/www.bay12forums.com/public_html/smf/Themes/core/Poll.template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/www.bay12forums.com/public_html/smf/Themes/darkling/Poll.template.php  on line 5

thread is:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55210.0

My mistake. It looks like they removed that template file from the Core theme between RC2 and RC3 and I didn't notice (one problem with simply overwriting old files, eh?), so the Darkling theme is still trying to access it from the Core theme when it's not there. Instructions sent on to Toady.

EDIT:
I think the forum header with the title of the game should lead to bay12games when clicked on, as well. Cyclic design and whatnot. Bay12forums should probably just redirect to the forum main page so its not weird.

Definitely doable, and I actually already made a mod to do this (clickable title/logo leading to whatever URL you want). If Toady is interested, I can send it on to him.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:45:34 pm by Janus »
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »

I just made my own, based off of 16x16 curses set. I don't think I'll use it >_>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:31:03 pm by Rashilul »

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:39 pm »

What strange yellow bubbles!
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »

I don't think I'll use it >_>
Ha, I saw your post before that edit. :P

Yeah, they look... Strange.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:55 pm »

It's hard to tell the difference between them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17