Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Forum move/upgrade  (Read 29717 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Forum move/upgrade
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2010, 03:08:17 am »

I agree to this as well.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2010, 03:28:23 am »

We need that desperately.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2010, 07:00:11 am »

It seems to be suddenly harder to automatically distinguish a person's post from their signature, and assorted other divisions. Is it shorter? Or differently shaded?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2010, 07:07:22 am »

Would this work as a smily(after proper transparency, of course, and with a colour that works on at least darkling)?

Eh?
Eh!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2010, 07:08:16 am »

Would this work as a smily(after proper transparency, of course, and with a colour that works on at least darkling)?

Beard, sir. You forgot about the BEARD.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:33 am »

Better?

I'm thinking that making each one a different colour pair and emotion would work best.
Eh?
Eh!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:40 am »

I still wish it had the little check boxes next to the topics that are updated so you could easily select which ones you want marked as read.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »

It was already mentioned in this thread, but it seems to have been overlooked -- signature images are still showing up even when turned off.

Pete³

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »

Only thing that irks me is the lack of a favicon now, I like seeing the purpose of tabs at a glance. AFAIK browsers try to pick up the favicon.ico from the root (i.e. http://www.bay12forums.com/favicon.ico), even if it's not explicitly provided - so just dump the old one there :)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2010, 06:47:23 pm »

The favicon should be back (it is for me, but it took a bit even after refresh, not sure how that works).  Janus sent me some tweaks which should have brought the avatars back (works for me, anyway) and some other tweaks.

The signature image display and the missing top-block text on all of the forums is caused by sort sort of package incompatible (or some screwup of mine which can never be ruled out), and we're not sure what's up there yet.  The top-block text is retained in my control panel, so it might be an issue with how the themes use it, but we're not sure.

Smileys with beards for the dwarf board?  It sounds like an admirable idea.  I *think* Janus said that people can choose their own smiley sets somehow?  Is that right?  If so, then the more the merrier.  In any case, yeah, I don't like the new smileys, and I remember people hated the old smileys back when we got them, so I'm all for new new smileys.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2010, 07:19:20 pm »

Getting the new favicon: Clear your cache (not a force refresh [CTRL + F5] ... you have to clear cache.)  Preferences / Advanced / Network then restart.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2010, 07:27:03 pm »

Getting the new favicon: Clear your cache (not a force refresh [CTRL + F5] ... you have to clear cache.)  Preferences / Advanced / Network then restart.
Worked like a charm.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2010, 01:29:34 am »

Also, and this may not be a big deal, but there is no longer an option to block someone.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2010, 03:52:07 am »

Smileys with beards for the dwarf board?  It sounds like an admirable idea.  I *think* Janus said that people can choose their own smiley sets somehow?  Is that right?  If so, then the more the merrier.  In any case, yeah, I don't like the new smileys, and I remember people hated the old smileys back when we got them, so I'm all for new new smileys.
Toady, if I made a set of smileys for the forums, would you want them?
Probably bearded smileys.

Or bearded drunk smileys.

Me want Mayday's dwarfs as smileys.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2010, 04:15:24 am »

Considering the quality of Mayday's tileset... Yeah, I'd like to see what kind of smileys he can come up with.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17