Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Flying antmen now? Wha?  (Read 3354 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Flying antmen now? Wha?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 10:04:45 pm »

If you put [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] on the animalmen civ, you can fly around as a bat man or cave swallow man :)

In adventure mode?

Do you start underground in your hive?

What happens if you make it to the surface? Do they attack you or can you still get quests and stuff(and buy metal weapons and armor! From tribal wood to metal hero!)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 11:11:41 pm »

Wouldn't that make them bee-men?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 11:15:14 pm »

Bees... are a lot more than just flying ants. 

But yes.  It is very awesome the level of detail in some things - I always end up with a house full of drone ants when their mating season hits, so I am very aware (and annoyed) of that interesting bit of sexual dimorphism.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 11:17:29 pm »

But yes.  It is very awesome the level of detail in some things - I always end up with a house full of drone ants when their mating season hits, so I am very aware (and annoyed) of that interesting bit of sexual dimorphism.

Better then having a house full of ant men.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 11:26:20 pm »

Better then having a house full of ant men.

Depends if they're hostile or not. If friendly, they could teach you cool ant stuff - and you could even show the off to your friends! Though they may run screaming...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

For them to be friendly would imply a forgotten beast has raged through the place...Not really worth it.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 11:42:41 pm »

For them to be friendly would imply a forgotten beast has raged through the place...Not really worth it.
Doesn't have to be a forgotten beast. Could be a giant rat that killed an adventurer.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »

I heard something about poisoned blowguns?
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:08 am »

heard that they can poison their weapons. so while your dwarf might get 1 wooden dart that might bruise his muscle, he might also die in 1 or 2 minutes from the poison (that i don't think you can know is there)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 12:11:57 am »

heard that they can poison their weapons. so while your dwarf might get 1 wooden dart that might bruise his muscle, he might also die in 1 or 2 minutes from the poison (that i don't think you can know is there)

Well from what I hear that is how it will work in the future. Right now we have no such thing, they just shoot wooden sticks.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 01:24:50 pm »

If you put [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] on the animalmen civ, you can fly around as a bat man or cave swallow man :)

In adventure mode?

Do you start underground in your hive?

What happens if you make it to the surface? Do they attack you or can you still get quests and stuff(and buy metal weapons and armor! From tribal wood to metal hero!)

Yeah, adventure mode. Actually you just sorta appear on the surface in a random spot it seems, nowhere near an animalman camp. Haven't tried going to a human town yet, though. My bat man melted :(
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:30 pm »

Try 4 of them.
Gotta love having 4 arms.
Wait, how are you going to blow through 4 circular pipes simultaniously?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:03 pm »

Well from what I hear that is how it will work in the future. Right now we have no such thing, they just shoot wooden sticks.

Wrong. Animalmen currently use blowgun darts coated in venom that poisons dwarves when hit. (Examine the ammo in their inventory to see if they've poisoned their ammo. If they have, it will have a "cave spider venom coating" or similar.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 03:27:18 pm »

Wrong. Animalmen currently use blowgun darts coated in venom that poisons dwarves when hit. (Examine the ammo in their inventory to see if they've poisoned their ammo. If they have, it will have a "cave spider venom coating" or similar.
You know it just went real when you have a squad of 40 antmen shooting darts coated in GCS venom all over your dining room.

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »

Try 4 of them.
Gotta love having 4 arms.
Wait, how are you going to blow through 4 circular pipes simultaniously?

Wouldn't blow all 4 at same time silly. you would blow one, put next one in mouth, blow, next, blow, etc. then when all 4 is blown then you reload all 4 at one time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4