Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?  (Read 6862 times)

verx45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
*SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:06:30 pm »

Ok so many of you have encountered titans and forgotten beasts, now i ask you, what is the most pathetic one youve found?

Ive recently found this one

The forgotten beast Ngopex has come! An enormous quadruped composed of salt. It has wings and it squirms and fidgets.

i think i may drown it in my water trap, and make a salt water swimming pool for my dwarves.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:11:21 pm »

The Plump Helmet men. Those poor, delicious bastards.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

verx45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:39 pm »

The Plump Helmet men. Those poor, delicious bastards.

Where can i find these  :o ive only encountered giant rats and the like :( and ive dug down as far as i can go ( only 60 z levels down for my fort for some reason

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »

When I encountered my first titan, the combat report only lasted 2 pages. Mind you, this was my first titan of all time. :(.

EDIT: My god, this titan was sad. He sounded badass, but a drafted miner killed him with a copper pick. The miner's name? Edem Gurfath, or Edem Bowelsack. Yes, the titan was killed by Shitsack.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:33:19 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

My first Forgotten Beast was a feathered leech with a square shell. I panic'd and floored off the underground, then checked in on him. He had already been killed by a tribe of Cave Fish Men.

Now I'm scared of the Cave Fish Men...

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 08:00:02 pm »

Check the legends for these titans, see what they did throughout history!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:16 pm »

When I encountered my first titan, the combat report only lasted 2 pages. Mind you, this was my first titan of all time. :(.

EDIT: My god, this titan was sad. He sounded badass, but a drafted miner killed him with a copper pick. The miner's name? Edem Gurfath, or Edem Bowelsack. Yes, the titan was killed by Shitsack.

I think Miners are actually some of the deadliest things around in this version.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:12 pm »

the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
Probably alway. He just sits around in front of his computer all day, reading forums and playing DF.

Oh wait... You meant ingame...
Definately "cave blobs". Aside from scaring a few miners, they ended up just killing themselves by trying to burst on a dwarf.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »

I've only had 4 forgotten beasts sofar.

First was a flying frog that was hacked apart by axes after failing to kill untrained wrestlers.
The second, a snail made of feathers - this was smashed apart by the sheriff with a silver hammer.
Third, a lizard - also hacked apart by axes.
The latest one I had was a tad more interesting, a flying mudman that went around gassing my dogs, as I was under siege this was a great comfort, it would hopefully kill the goblins! Alas, a goblin swordsmaster got pushed off a bridge (and took no damage) before the beast was hacked in half by a second goblin.

So far, not too impressive track record from the beasties.

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39:37 pm »

The most pathetic forgotten beast that's wandered into my territory was basically a mound of salt.  My mayor killed it dead with one punch.

Don't mess with my mayor.

if you're a mound of salt.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:17 pm »

Imagine you had been playing "slugman fortress."  Truly a horror.

(Actually, that could be modded in; just have a vapor that causes a disease that only affects slug/snail men.)
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:53 pm »

Ostru, a huge feathered leech.  It has wings and it undulates rhythmically.  It's sea green feathers are downy.  Beware it's poisonous gas!  Also, it's body is gone.  My axedwarves hacked it into oblivion.  About all it managed to do was spew bile all over the floor.  It's going to take my dwarves weeks to clean up that mess!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:32:14 pm »

My first one was pretty pathetic. A giant newt with it's ribs on the outside and cracked skin. Supposedly it breathed fire, but it never used it on my dwarves. I don't think he even landed a single hit before his legs were sliced off and he passed out from the pain, then was turned into a very large pile of newt biscuits.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:34 pm »

My first one was pretty pathetic. A giant newt with it's ribs on the outside and cracked skin. Supposedly it breathed fire, but it never used it on my dwarves. I don't think he even landed a single hit before his legs were sliced off and he passed out from the pain, then was turned into a very large pile of newt biscuits.

That brings up an interesting point.  Do you have any idea how long it takes to render the fat from a gigantic, black scaled tortoise?  I must have slaughtered that thing over a year ago.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »

Ostru, a huge feathered leech.  It has wings and it undulates rhythmically.  It's sea green feathers are downy.  Beware it's poisonous gas!  Also, it's body is gone.  My axedwarves hacked it into oblivion.  About all it managed to do was spew bile all over the floor.  It's going to take my dwarves weeks to clean up that mess!

Hmm, if you just killed it, might want to give it time before you say it's a pushover...haven't people been saying that "poisonous gas" trait keeps causing rotting disease or something that spreads among all their dwarves?

KG
Pages: [1] 2 3 4