Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?  (Read 6854 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 10:36:49 pm »

A noble! And his consort! Dear Armok, I think the spikes in the migrant rejection office will need to be replaced...

On a more serious note, I once had a dragon show up.
It walked past my cage traps.
Then my military.
Then it sat in my dining hall and chatted with my idle dwarfs.
Turns out I had tamed it in a previous fort and it still decided to invade my new fort :).

*The fortress is abandoned, leaving the lone pet dragon to wonder at its fate. It wanders around the empty halls for a while before deciding to move on, crying forlornly for its lost masters. After several lonely days, a familiar scent drifts across the breeze, causing the dragon to look up. Vomit. Blood. Alcohol. Sweat... Could it be? It dashes over as fast as it can, tongue lolling out in happiness as it gallops, flies and bounds towards the scent, ignoring the cage traps which it was taught to avoid, rushing past the surprised guards to find its way back into another dwarven hall. It was home.*

Sorry, but the idea of a dragon wandering around to find its dwarfy friends was too amusing. It's like Homeward Bound, but with a big, fire-breathing flying lizard.

Man, now all I can picture is that sequence from the Simpsons where Santa's Little Helper runs away, frolicking through fields, saving children, eating bugs, fighting bears, chasing cats, all with that dumb blissful expression on his face before getting picked up by animal control... except with a big, fire-breathing flying lizard.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 10:39:50 pm »

Wrestling with skeletal groundhogs is fun.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]