Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13775 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2010, 09:15:57 am »

Yeah, we'll use the basement. If it's not too much, Hoborobo, can you give us a general heads-up on what is legal and what is not?

Would be nice.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:55 am »

Yeah, we'll use the basement. If it's not too much, Hoborobo, can you give us a general heads-up on what is legal and what is not?

Would be nice.
Also, is there anything the people generally crave? Liquor? Cigarettes? Chocolate?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:38 am »

* Government Issue Canned Food and Government Issue Pre-Packed Food
* Standard Issue Bottled Water and One Government Approved Luxury Drinking Liquid
* Plush Furniture and Standard Furniture
* Correctly Edited Pre-Takeover Literature and Government Approved Modern Literature
* Electronic Goods
* BRITISH POST Newspapers

Well that's what we can sell. I guess they might want the luxury liquid.
To be partly feline,

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2010, 09:21:33 am »

Maybe we can slowly slowly SLOOOWWLY tap into the bootlegging business. Maybe join the black market*, gain power and influence, etc.

*If there is one, anyways.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:15 am »

Maybe we can slowly slowly SLOOOWWLY tap into the bootlegging business. Maybe join the black market*, gain power and influence, etc.

*If there is one, anyways.

There is bound to be a black market. And I think that should be were we obtain weapons. Getting them legally could be impossible or so full of policies that they could easily be tracked to us.
To be partly feline,

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2010, 09:25:07 am »

The black market is present yet heavily suppressed and hard to find. The docklands are probably the best place to find somebody who knows how to get in contact with someone who knows how to access it.

Of course, these law breakers are keen in the art of smuggling and are not afraid to break the law. Maybe these are the sort of people we should be looking at if we want to start gaining more members and creating more disruption to the infrastructure or create political tension.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:29:09 am by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:06 am »

The black market is present yet heavily suppressed and hard to find. The docklands are probably the best place to find somebody who knows how to get in contact with someone who knows how to access it.

Noted. We'll get in later. First we need a economic base. Those weapons won't do much good if we can't afford them.
To be partly feline,

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2010, 09:29:49 am »

In that case, would you like to fast forward?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2010, 09:29:59 am »

Gentlemen, if it's not too late I would like to join the revolution.

What we need is a garage or some kind of workshop.
We could make homemade weapons.

We also need to buy a pub/bar where smuggles, cut-throats, bandits and potential allies might hang out.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:27 am »

Okay, I think we should get more monies before we can think of getting into the black market. Can we skip time a few months, if that's ok?

Yeah, I think we could get ourselves some thugs, but we should stockpile the alcohol. Might be what they want from us.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:41 am »

Yeah, I think we could get ourselves some thugs, but we should stockpile the alcohol. Might be what they want from us.

Thus a bar.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 09:40:34 am »

You will skip time by 6 months.

( + £ 33600)

You have needed to restock the stores several times and you have also had to pay rent.

Rent : - £ 1000
Restock: - £ 500

( - £ 1500 )

32730 Pounds
10 Members
Small Shop
2 Storey shop

Income per day: £200

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:42:19 am by Hoborobo234 »

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2010, 09:41:38 am »

How much is a Garage/workshop worth?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 09:43:51 am »

I say electronics seem the most profitable.
Also, we should use the basement for something, not just stocking surplus.

Search for a larger, more profitable shop

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 09:45:21 am »

Basement = Illegal weapon workshop.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22