Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Is there a law against world domination? ???  (Read 7304 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a law against world domination? ???
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 03:18:28 pm »

So things like the Geneva Conventions wouldn't apply to you, and various other UN resolutions also wouldn't apply to your Corp. So exploding shells, chemical warfare ect... can be used legally against you.
Which means we can use them too, and just to make it a moral question in order to give the the more developed nations pause we would follow the Geneva convention just to make them feel like ***'s for not following them.
This is true, you can use NBC and various other nasties. Though your idea of following the conventions would be interesting. Part of the Geneva Convention when dealing with none signatories if I recall is that if they are following them, then your bounded to follow them as well. I'm not sure how it would apply to a none sovereign power though.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »

You'd probably get sued for crimes against humanity instead of war crimes, since one can actualy persecute a singular person for that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2010, 06:44:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone tried that on a smaller scale. He failed. Of course, one could argue that they weren't carefull enough about all of that, but on the other hand, where are you going to get investors for a coup d'etat if you can't tell anyone?

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:56 am »

While it would be extremely difficult I don't think it's completely impossible to take over the world using non-aggressive tactics.  Here's how I picture someone doing it.  Somehow they manage to amass a very large fortune very quickly.  Maybe the found a bunch of gold and platinum on the moon or something.  Then they systematically start buying out small, impoverished countries.  In the process they improve the infrastructure of all of these governments, drastically lowering crime and improving their economies.  In doing so they build support of the people. 

Over time these small countries surpass the economic and political stability of the major superpowers.  Eventually the people's support of their own countries will waver in favor of the new regime that by this time will control the majority of the world's resources.  Their governments would have no choice but to sign a treaty pledging service to the new regime in exchange for economic support.

And there you have it.  A world with a single ruler and no laws broken.  Granted this is a fairly optimistic scenario but it is plausible.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2010, 12:39:20 pm »

Over time these small countries surpass the economic and political stability of the major superpowers.

Hurg.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2010, 03:28:26 pm »

How do you buy out a country?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:11:17 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2010, 08:38:23 pm »

I also don't see how taking on the less dev. countries would be helpful. The time and effort needed to get one of them up to the point take on the 1st world nation would probably be longer then a life time. I do agree that it would need to be a few of them.

I would choose Africa myself. They are mineraly rich and under educated enough to make it easier to take over. Northern Africa would be a wash though, a bit to developed to go after. Then if everything goes well, my great grandson might be able to maybe invade the middle east or south east asia.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:48 am »

You simply give them lots and lots of money until they give in to your demands. And by "money", I mean "bullets".

Golden bullets.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:26 am »

You simply give them lots and lots of money until they give in to your demands. And by "money", I mean "bullets".

Golden bullets.
200$ custom-made cartridges fired at 10,000 rounds per minute to be precise. Also known as "Boolits"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]