Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Fortress - PreAlpha!  (Read 13440 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Fortress - DF 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:02 pm »

./\
/_ \
Hug The Earth!

We have a winner!

TV building; using it builds Observer skill.

All archaic ranged weapons will use "bowyer" skill, and various categories of firearms will use other skills. Heavy weapons, like chainguns, will use siege operator, for instance.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:41 pm »

You have arrived at (Dwarven Name), "Liberal Crime Fortress". Hug The Earth!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 01:42:09 pm »

You can build shops- which are very large buildings that require several units of furntiture, construction material, power units, and a considerable amount of "cash"- and then use them to buy items directly.

Examples include:
The Oiblette: Where to go for buying genuine reproduction weapons and armor.

Eoxiuy's Quik Stop: A very easy-to-build structure that lets you buy cheap food for your liberals.

Green Leaves Organic Nutrients and Life: Buying high-quality foods for your liberals. And other plant-based goods.

Domicile Warehouse: Bulk construction goods for all your militia fortress needs!

Shootin' n' Explosions: Stock up on "self defence" equipment. Free samples to everybody in a turban! (Seriously, I saw that in a gun shop once...)

Ed's Pawn:
Sell stuff, or buy chess pieces.

These shops will speed up gameplay a bit and keep it more cash-based, very different from the barter economy of DF.

I mentioned Power Units: I'm thinking of maybe adding a "generator" building that produces Power Units that other operations consume, so you need to keep a supply of electricity working, but I can't think of a way to keep this from being tedious and unrealistic. If anyone can think of an interesting way to represent modern infrestructure needs, I'd love to hear 'em.

(Yes, I am usin IE insteed of Firefox. Howe ddi yo nkow?)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:09:49 am »

I'm kinda thinking using castes for the major groups, with Liberals, Moderates, and Conservatives all being one big race, but I'm not sold on that. For one thing, I don't know how well castes work with entities.

May make them entirely separate races.

Unless it's possible to set personality by entity, that is.

My plans are first to make the three sides somewhat distinct, then start moving the time scale forward. We are going shops-centric, with most of your stuff being basic-q stuff "made" in shops.

Tahin suggested having premade "cities" that you, as player, can "reclaim" and which already have an assortment of buildings. It's a neat idea, though DF isn't really designed for that. I'd aim to make the "default" gameplay similar to DF, where you pick a place in a random game-world and settle there.

One part of this would be to make Moderates use Dark Fortresses, which have interesting internal rooms you can build in once you settle there, and thus give you a somewhat modern basis to build from.

Liberal and Conservative entities would build either Towns or Mountain Forts, probably towns so Adventuring Liberals can buy stuff.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 06:11:56 pm »

I've removed the posts I could find with personal attacks in them, or that mainly referenced the argument.  If this thread doesn't remain civil, it will have to be locked.  Anybody involved in personal attacks in this thread will now be warned/muted/banned as necessary.  It's possible to discuss this stuff in a relaxed fashion!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 01:49:06 am »

How about a Hostage Cell workshop? It needs living people(if thats possible with the reactions) and create money from selling the hostage? And there should only be a chance to get money since you don't always get the ransom.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 09:56:25 am »

How about "Hostages" produce cash when milked?
Or something like that.

I wouldn't want it to be possible to make Hostage Cash Cheese, but if that's the only way to do it...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

replace cheese with bonds and investments and that sounds like a grand idea!

you still got the problem of having random creatures, titans, and hardcoded baddies. 
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 10:51:08 pm »

...you still got the problem of having random creatures, titans, and hardcoded baddies.

...problem?

Anyway, we'll also have a "hat" building, where liberals can play a musical instrument to get cash.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 11:45:43 pm »

You've got to either give all liberals both male and female tags, or remove them altogether.  Although you might just add a genderless class so the liberals can survive worldgen.  Also include long lifespans for liberals to represent the benefits of good diet and exercise (generally associated with liberals, whereas Conservatives just don't seem to age well).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:51 am »

Liberals live off of bran, vitamin pills, and whatever combination of drugs are in the hollywood punch bowl this weekend. It evens out.

It occurs to me that some people might not be familiar with the original game, Liberal Crime Squad, I'll add a link to the OP.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 01:36:27 pm »

you still got the problem of having random creatures, titans, and hardcoded baddies.
Newspaper in the LCS city (or wherever the game takes place): Completely unexpected dimensional rift throws Liberal Crime Squad into unknown dimension, Conservatives celebrating.

There. plothole plugged.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 06:15:30 pm »

It's easier to just blame all those creatures on the Arch-Conservative Genetics Lab.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 08:39:03 pm »

I always thought LCS was about being a punk, not a hippie.

Actually it'd be funny to divide up the liberal caste in such a way as to produce hippies, punks, etc. that had varying personalities and did varying amounts of work. Punks would of course be [alcohol_dependent]
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4