Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Fortress - PreAlpha!  (Read 13435 times)

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Fortress - DF 2010
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 01:21:48 pm »

maybe conservative raids on your commune should attack with tazers as short range weapons? In the early years before they start showing up with all guns.

Also, don't really know much about LCS, are the liberal strawmen in it the super-hippie, no guns period variety, or the marxist revolutionary with AKs variety?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010, 01:50:43 pm »

It is hard to answer because the player is the one who decides how their Liberal Crime Squad should act.  But it was based on the Sibonese Liberation Front, so "marxist revolutionary with AKs" is an entirely appropriate playstyle.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 02:05:50 pm »

You can also basically make a Literary Crime Squad, printing liberal newspapers, and you can have a liberal Computer Squad, consisting entirely of hackers...

There's lots of freedom, much like in DF. I encourage you to give it a go. Look for the wiki, as it's open source and has grown a bit since it escaped from the 12th bay.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 12:20:39 am »

Hey! I've replaced Kings and Queens with Liberal and Conservative Statesmen and Stateswomen (for liberals) / Statesmenettes (for conservatives). What should the Baron, Count, and Duke become? Duke may be a Governor, and we may make something a "personality" whatever that means. He meets with your liberals or conservatives, providing interviews and sound bites.

I'm replacing "consorts" with secretaries, aides, and pages. Eventually. I'm to tired to do that now.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 10:29:50 am »

I have the three races and civs (though they all have the same personality and stats and are generally far from complete). The civs, at least have unique legal structures. Liberals shun animal killing, consider torture unthinkable, but have no capital punishment. Vandalism is acceptable, as it's protected free speech. And making animal trophies is unthinkable.
Conservatives are almost 100% capital punishment types, though torture (for whatever reason) is OK, as is the making of animal trophies. Oh, and slaves.
Moderates feel that everything is a "personal matter".

Send your angry letters to me in the form of print-outs; It's good fuel.

Anyway, as soon as I get it to complete world gen, I'll let folks try out the alpha alpha alpha version.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Fortress - PreAlpha!
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 01:13:53 pm »

Quntupple post!

PreAlpha's out. Don't expect anything fancy. Your liberals CAN farm potatoes and make vodka, though. Oh, and and they're now Bactrain or whatever and Dromedaries rather than one-or-two-hump-camels. People ask what a camel's hump is. It is delicious is what it is.

Anyway, that reminds me. This is a globalish thing. After all,  you have liberals, conservatives, cities, newspapers... everywhere on earth. These can be Japanese, British, Belgan, Indian, Canadian, Brazilian, or States liberals and it should, in general, work.

Back to this release, there's just Liberals, moderates, and conservatives, and they still have a lot of hangover from dwarves. There shouldn't be any chief medical dwarves, though. Moderates still have Kings.

OP has install information, but basically, replace all the raws with this stuff. Not compatible with other mods, and I don't advise you to download it at all, in fact, on the odd chance it bricks your computer.

Become a part of the revolution TODAY!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »

Would it be possible to make a bunch of empty cities by creating a sterile race called the founding fathers who would be abundant in numbers during worldgen, so they would go out and create a bunch of cities, then die out and leave the empty cities to be reclaimed by the liberals and conservatives?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 01:33:09 am »

I plan to have moderates acting much like that; they build the "skyscraper" dark towers, and when they get conquered by the conservatives or the liberals, they come in and build shops.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:40 am »

So, what kind of tileset should this have? On the one hand, we can have a high-detail Tile-Magic system, or we can go with a merely cleaned-up and highly abstract version to match the original LCS.

However, if we're going to have all kinds of character tiles, which I would like to do, then they would fit in best with a TileMagic set.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2010, 01:52:31 am »

It's not dead! Just resting!

Here's 16 16x16 unit portraits:

Male template -- Hippie -- Hippette -- Female template
Male celebrity in Leather Jacket -- Liberal Suit -- Roughneck (w/lead pipe) -- Conservative Female celebrity
Geek (w/mouse) -- Conservative Suit -- Miner (helmet covers eyes) -- Liberal Female celebrity
Punk -- Male Liberal Wrestler -- Female Conservative Wrestler -- Military Rifleman

Eh? Eh?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:41:14 am by PTTG?? »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]