... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 107693 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: Direforged Mod v0.75 - Frozen Reaches, Rising Mountains
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 04:38:59 am »

HI Ult1mara here. I am doing lots of reviews on a lot of different mods of Dwarf Fortress on my channel. I was wondering if u would let me do a LP/Review of this mod as well?

Thanks Ult1mara
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 06:04:34 am »

I was wondering if u could possible try and put this into a DF folder? As in have the ability to play DF straight of the bat with the mod pre-installed?

I ask this because some ppl .... like me are a little too lazy to do the whole "copy - paste" thing. And are pretty clueless to when it comes to it :P

It would be even better if u managed to get a tileset working with the mod e.g. Pheobus, Ironhand or Mike Maydays tilesets

Thanks Again

Ult1mara

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 11:54:24 am »

I've done some quick work to merge the already-posted versions of Direforged and Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda into the Phoebus tileset, with some fixes thrown in. In my quick tests, I did get errors regarding creatures with creature variations, but that shouldn't be the case - it doesn't happen in my versions anyway. It may be a Wine issue. However, everything should be in working order.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

Here is the first video of my Direforged LP if u all wanna take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8TY2SKFndA

And here a link to the Playlist which the mod will be on for my LP

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=02DECF982CBF6A1F

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »

Any new updates on this mod Knight?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:16 am »

At the moment, this is the change log for the next version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The carmine fey include creatures like dullahans, nuckalavees, redcaps, and various evil sprites.

Crysants are ant-like vermin found in evil regions that can be put into hives much like honey bees can. Over the course of one and a half years, they build a hive consisting of a crystalline core, plated with iron. This protects a red waxy structure similar to a honeycomb, containing red jelly. The final hive products are three bars of iron, a crystalline structure (currently only sellable), and a honeycomb, which as usual can be pressed into red crysant wax and three portions of crysant jelly, which then can be brewed into crysmead.

To perform adventure mode magic, and adventurer needs a grinding receptable and a grinder (mortar and either pestle or scraper), which can be knapped, gems to grind into dust, and an (expensive) arcane rod. You can grind any unimproved large gem, but the best gems to use are the most valuable ones, which are considered arcane, and aligned to one or two types of magic. Dust of other gems has to be "consecrated" for magic use first. Many spells use up one or more piles of gem dust of the appropriate type, but a few take but a pinch that doesn't use up the whole pile of dust.

For the version after that, I'm pretty certain I can create creatures that grant other creatures of their kind new abilities, depending on caste, through the use of interactions. Through the use of interactions, I'm certain I can also spruce up the itarin liches and lords as well as make the encar thriceborn more interesting than just turning into dragons as they age. I do have more plans, but they do depend on things I can't be quite sure yet that they'll come in.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 02:23:13 pm »

I am working on a more proper manual for this mod to supplement or possibly replace the readme file. A work in progress can be found here. Even if it is currently very incomplete, I would like to hear feedback on it, especially if I'm going into the right direction with it. Since I'm writing the manual for the upcoming version, don't be surprised if there are things not in the mod yet (or in the changelog above, for that matter.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.75 (Feedback for incomplete manual wanted)
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »

I like the new manual. However I think it would be best if you could try and seperate things a little more? e.g. when "items" section is finished start a new page for Weapons etc.  And maybe a new page for each Workshop or every 2? What you think? Or you can try and do it so that the weapons and items sections are split into 2 sides, just like the table of contents or a newspaper is?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 04:33:36 am »

Two columns is relatively easy, but it makes the table placement less neat, but I think I can make it look good. A bit of separation is already going on, but I think some more can go in. I'll post an updated file later today.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Stormcloudy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »

Wow! This is great. Watching.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

I've posted a new version of the wip manual here, now with two columns, and slightly expanded.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2011, 06:13:33 pm »

Lol I love the last page .... "Your New Neighbours" and only one thing is there :P

Anyways looking forward to more ^_^

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 03:54:01 am »

There's only so much time I can use to work on the manual. :P Just trying to work ahead a bit on the organization of the file. Assuming no other feedback, I'll continue to work on it.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »

I've posted a new version of the wip manual here, now with two columns, and slightly expanded.
I again updated the manual. While still not complete, this is probably close to the release version, possibly just getting a few tweaks, so I can focus on the Zelda version next.

Meanwhile I've also done some preliminary planning on a fortress-playable race for the version after the next version. The insectoid shyhak'ur won't build all that much with stone and wood, but should be able to convert plants and logs into wax blocks, use that wax to build and craft, make shyhak honey (which could well be the only food they eat, or at least be beneficial to them), refine honey (making it more valuable, and often being definitely beneficial to eat), and make magic waxes with which they can then improve metals, and potentially do other stuff. As non-diggers, they'll usually have to content with 1/20th the skill growth in mining that dwarves used to get before my skill tweaks, or 1/5th after.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 06:43:08 am »

Loving the new Manual Knight ^_^ It is actually really good. I quickly skimmed over it all but still really good.

Do you ever think you will take this mod far enough to write a small lore for the game? And maybe an intro to what the lore is? Before the Table of contents e.g "In the land of Euralian dwarves have had to live out their lives surrounding by the oppresive Deep Elves" ... Or summit like that?

Then after the table of Contents actually have an intro and a proper lore describing what the mod is about, but not actually saying that it is a game but trying to make it more "real"

This way am sure ppl will start to get more "attached" to the mod?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17