Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In what format should the reports in DFFD be?

MS Excel 2007
- 0 (0%)
MS Excel, older than 2007
- 3 (37.5%)
PDF
- 3 (37.5%)
Other (specify)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist  (Read 13203 times)

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2010, 07:34:14 am »

all that water....
I'll have nightmares for years :'(
stop sending me on dangerous missions, lol
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2010, 01:18:58 pm »

I will, I will...  ;D

On a side note, for next month or so I'm in the other side of the country than the computer where the Helmfist save is, so no updates till I get back. That probably will be around the beginning of June. Sorry!  :-[
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2010, 11:49:43 am »

Thanks for letting us know :)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2010, 01:37:20 pm »

Thanks for letting us know :)

No problemos!

Though there is slight chance that I can get my my hands to those save files. That is if my brother, who is supposed to check my apartment time to time, is able to find the correct folder from the computer and mail it to me. Have to call him tomorrow about that.  ;D

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:16 pm »

End of year 1051 report
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 2nd Granite, year 1052

The year 1051 has ended and the new year has begun. This means that we must look back what we have done during all those twelve months, what has happened, what should have happened and never happened, and the precise situation of our stockpiles. For completing this task I asked the every administrator to bring the report of last year concerning their own field of responsibility.

Justice, information provided by Nuker W

So far we have had very few problems in justice sector. The most notable problem was the flooding which occured at the beginning of the fortress. In the end Zanziik took the responsibility, and was sentenced to solitude for one season starting at 1st Granite, year 1052. Otherwise, small problems has arrised time to time, but nothing serious. Another event worth of mentioning in here could be the incident with Pageluster. The only problem there was that he demanded things we were not able to give him right away. Luckily the caravan brought the things required, so the in a away solved itself.

Wealth and stockpiles, information provided by Urist Imiknorris

Wealth situation at the end of the year:
Imported wealth: 16361 bucks
Exported wealth: 860 bucks
Created wealth, total:61048 bucks
->Weapons: 0 bucks
->Armor and Garb: 12640 bucks
->Furniture: 9170 bucks
->Architecture: 26176 bucks
->Displayed: 6209 bucks
->Held and worn: 0 bucks

Food stores
Meat: 75 unit
Seeds: 120 unit
Fish: 0 unit
Drink: 260 unit
Plant: 39 unit
Other 70 unit

Stocks, everything else
See the attachment.

Production, information provided by Urist Imiknorris and Haika

Basic industries has been established and running, though it happened later than any of us hoped.
Following goods are in constant production:
Basic furniture ----> Masonry and carpentry
Plump helmets ------> Farm, basic supply of food besides occasional butchering.
Crafts -------------> Crafting workshop, basic trading goods
Alcohol ------------> Brewery, done when supplies of plump helmets permit it. Should be enough to support the fortress at this time.

Health, information provided by ISGC

There has been no health problems

Trading report

The only caravan during last year cam from Mountainhome, and arrived 18th Timber and left 18th Moonstone. The trading went well considering that we didn't have much to offer, and only obtained some wood, cloth and a barrel of wine from the caravan.

Fortress development, information combined from records of every administrator

The development has been slow, as the beginning was more difficult than expected. Hugest problem came from the flooding incident, which still has effects in the fortress. The plans for the layout of the fortress had to be changed several times due the effects of the flooding. Good example is the bottom part of the main stairway, which had to be reformatted to enable the mining down of the flooded section. This also caused two of the worst events that were both close to cause the death of fellow dwarf.

Bellow is the what was planned to be done during this year and the current status of each project:
Trading Depot ----------------------------> Done!
Dining Hall ------------------------------> Done!
Personal Bedrooms ------------------------> Done!
Personal offices for administrators ------> Done!
Personal dining rooms for administrators -> Done!
Solitary jail for punishment -------------> Done!
Barracks ---------------------------------> Plans not ready yet!
Hospital ---------------------------------> Plans not ready yet!
Farming Area -----------------------------> Done and flooded!
Food Stockpiles --------------------------> Done!
Leather industry section & stockpiles ----> Done!
Cloth industry section & stockpiles ------> Done!
Food Industry section --------------------> Done!
Carpentry section & wood stockpile -------> Done!
Masonry & Mechanics section --------------> Done!
Furniture Stockpile ----------------------> Done!
Trading goods stockpile ------------------> Done!
Crafts industry section ------------------> Done!
Bone stockpile for crafting purpose ------> Done!
Jewels stockpiles ------------------------> Dne!
Jewelry industry section -----------------> Missing workshops!
Main stairway ----------------------------> Plans changed, new version done!
Engraving the dining hall ----------------> Smoothing under work!

Plans for upcoming year contains completing everything that was not finished last year as well as building some defence in the entrance. Metal industry section is also under planning as well as extension for bedroom section.

The stockpile report can be downloaded from the link in the OP. The zip file also contains the relations table in pdf format.

EDIT:
*sigh*
The layout of the post looked waaaayyyy much better in notepad than after posting...  ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:29:57 pm by Kipi »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2010, 01:01:21 pm »

It looks fine.

Our gem stockpile does not exist?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2010, 01:13:41 pm »

It looks fine.

Our gem stockpile does not exist?

Yeah, it exists. Just a typo there...  :P

And well, it looks fine, though compared to how it looks in notepad with all those alignments and spacings to tidy it up, I'm not totally happy.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2010, 01:20:57 pm »

New poll is up and running!

What should be the format of the files? Note that I'm using MS Office Excel 2007 to create them, so it must be format which that program can create.

I would go with PDF but there comes problems especially with relations table when the it get too big in terms of not fitting on page. Also, the problem with Excel spreadsheet format is that I'm not sure if anything outside the Windows (and MS Office) can open those files.

So ideas and comments are welcome in this matter.

EDIT:
Okay, trying to get the list of gods posted today. Also, if time permits, I try to update the info pictures of dwarves as well as update the map files. Lots of things to do in that case.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:25:37 pm by Kipi »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2010, 01:27:54 pm »

And well, it looks fine, though compared to how it looks in notepad with all those alignments and spacings to tidy it up, I'm not totally happy.

Fixed-width fonts are generally much easier to format.

My computer doesn't have Excel '07, so .xls gets my vote.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2010, 01:38:06 pm »

My computer doesn't have Excel '07, so .xls gets my vote.

That means older version of Excel, right?
Yeah, that's the reason I provided option for older version in the poll, I too had old one (2003 I think...) but got the '07 just couple of months ago when formated the HD and installed Win 7 to it.

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »

I use openoffice for my viewing pleasures, so something that can open. Old .xls files should be fine right?

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:31 pm »

I use openoffice for my viewing pleasures, so something that can open. Old .xls files should be fine right?

Basing on the the homesite of OO, yeah, it should be able to open old .xls files.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2010, 03:14:01 pm »

BAH!!

Captus (the software I used for screencapturing) just stated that my evaluation period has ended, which apparently was only total of 29 screen captures...  ??? ::)

So screen capturing is going to be in a ice untill I can think of how to replace the captus. And yes, I know about Print Screen button in windows, it's just so damn slow to:
1) Capture the screen
2) Paste the capture to Paint
3) Select the actual area I want to be saved and copy it
4) Open new file and paste the image to it
5) Save and close the file
Rinse and repeat that around 30 times with different image names, and you know it's getting frustrating. Especially since the new image in Paint creates image area with fixed size, which will get changed if the picture does not fit to the area but only if the actual image is bigger, not when it's smaller. So result with small pictures being pasted is huge area of white, which still exists after saving.

So, anyone knows any good and free software for this purpose? It should be able to save files in png format...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »

Alt-Prntscrn only captures the active window. That cuts out steps 2-4. And I'm fairly certain you can change the default size of a new file.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2010, 05:06:58 pm »

The problem with alt + print screen is that I use DT for getting skills, and that button combo always captures the whole Therapist window so I have do the steps 2-4 to get the skills only. Though I could use the whole screen, but there is so much "irrelevant" info coming to picture then, making the picture unnecesarely big.

Thus far, I have not yet found the way to reduce the actual picture size in Paint coming with Win 7 to remove those white sections, it always just makes the whole picture smaller. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7