Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422150 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5295 on: February 16, 2012, 04:33:41 am »

I can't seem to get the "raise" interation when I try to give it too my adventurer.

Does anyone know how to get it to work?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: February 16, 2012, 05:02:04 am »

In attempt to give my dwarfs a universal animal to get ivory, shell, wool, meat, bones, and skins from, I've created a utility creature. Its practically a miniature troll with a shell and wool covering its body. im including my new creatures raw so that you all can see if anything is wrong with it. i would also like to know of anything else that i could add to it to make it much better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: I updated the creature to be less bland with the description hopefully. I actually made it have a shell drop and a few other changes.

lastly, its going to take me a lot longer to add my tattoo descriptors because im in the middle of trying to making them awesome. like dwarf goes into workshop and comes out with epic tattoos awesome. i may not be able to do this but imma try anyways.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:59:55 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:54 am »

it's possible to change a tissue layer material in a curse/bless? it would be nice to add spellbook of iron skin or even a spell to flay your foes
(turn skin into air or any gaseous mat)

EDIT: maybe eating a dragonkind heart will grant you scaly skin and maybe lesser firebreath
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:29:49 am by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:17 pm »

I'm working on modding in some various kinds of plants, and I have a few questions about it...

1. How can I make a plant not grow in the world? I kind of intend for them be made via a reaction (the seeds) and so they won't be native to the world. Or can you not do this?

2. Is it possible to make it so the plant itself isn't brewable, but a processed version of it is? This isn't vital, but a kind of "Can I?" thing

I swore I had more, but I think I forgot them. Oh well. These were the important ones if I could remember them!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »

1. How can I make a plant not grow in the world? I kind of intend for them be made via a reaction (the seeds) and so they won't be native to the world. Or can you not do this?

simply remove the biome token AND the seasons, for example: [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]

2. Is it possible to make it so the plant itself isn't brewable, but a processed version of it is? This isn't vital, but a kind of "Can I?" thing

yes just remove the USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE] part ,if you mean to process a plant in another one then yes, via custom reactions

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:24:48 pm by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: February 16, 2012, 01:40:26 pm »

simply remove the biome token AND the seasons, for example: [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]

If it has no season tokens, will it grow still?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »

nope, you asked a plant that won't grow

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

nope, you asked a plant that won't grow
Ah. True.
I meant one that doesn't grow natively. But I suppose in the end it's not such a huge deal if it does...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5303 on: February 16, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

In 31.25, a plant with the [GOOD] or [EVIL] tag would never be found growing anywhere in the world, and would never be brought by traders.  If this bug hasn't been fixed yet, you can use it to make plants that will never be found, but can still be grown if you produce them by reactions or something.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: February 16, 2012, 02:43:55 pm »

In 31.25, a plant with the [GOOD] or [EVIL] tag would never be found growing anywhere in the world, and would never be brought by traders.  If this bug hasn't been fixed yet, you can use it to make plants that will never be found, but can still be grown if you produce them by reactions or something.

Ooooh, sneaky one there. Not sure if .34 fixed that or not, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to test.

Failing that, do plants have a way to control how rare they are? I could just make them natively very rare, which would work as well.
I might just be being too nitpicky though. I'm considering modding in tea plants is all. I'm not sure if I want to go the extra step in authenticity by making them have to be harvested, then processed into leaves, THEN brewed or not...

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: February 16, 2012, 03:07:40 pm »

sir may i have a cup when you're done?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:26 pm »

sir may i have a cup when you're done?

Like so good sir?

Basically just so it works. I might go and make it more advanced later - and actually tailoring the icons/colors more. I don't know much about tea actually, so I'm kind of using wikipedia as a reference. I don't think I can properly emulate the growth time, as wiki says tea usually takes about 4 years to mature and I'm not sure how DF would handle a GROWDUR that exceeds a season.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: February 16, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »

I want to remove all the stones in the game and make a generic type. What reaction should I make so that I don't lose any items? The reaction will be free and be given to other civs so I'm limited to trade them instead of making them.

I already have a list: metals, gypsum powder and gems. Am I missing anything else?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:27 am »

Hey, guys. I'm working on a small minimod. I'm trying to add a plant called the magma leaf, which has a growth time of 600, which is double that of a plump helmet's and when eaten raw it gives you or your dwarves a small fever, but when it's brewed into booze and drank, it will grant you no pain.

Trouble is, I can't get these at embark. Did I make the frequency too low? Take a look at the raws:
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: February 17, 2012, 10:47:33 am »

Hey, guys. I'm working on a small minimod. I'm trying to add a plant called the magma leaf, which has a growth time of 600, which is double that of a plump helmet's and when eaten raw it gives you or your dwarves a small fever, but when it's brewed into booze and drank, it will grant you no pain.

Trouble is, I can't get these at embark. Did I make the frequency too low? Take a look at the raws:

I think you might need the [WET] and [DRY] tags for them to exist.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 357