Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420346 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2970 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:33 am »

What does the SHOT_MAXVEL in the ranged weapon thingy do? Does having a higher shot maxvel speed up your gun?

Nevermind. How do I make a certain race have lower stats on average?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:49:55 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: June 01, 2011, 08:16:02 am »

Three things:
I want to make a new set of weapons in DF, do I have to use ITEM_WEAPON and ITEM_AMMO?
What is the function of SHOT_FORCE and SHOOT_MAXVEL?
I want to create an item similar to a quiver, but have it hold more of a different type of ammo. How would one do this?
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:31 am »

No just copy item_weapon_mod then enter then [OBJECT:ITEM] and create a new text file named item_weapon_mod
shot force adds more damage and shoot maxvel increases speed
no thats hardcoded

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: June 01, 2011, 08:31:56 am »

No just copy item_weapon_mod then enter then [OBJECT:ITEM] and create a new text file named item_weapon_mod
shot force adds more damage and shoot maxvel increases speed
no thats hardcoded

Thanks
Thanks
Damn

One more thing:
I want to create three new materials:
A rock that wastes space
A rock that decomposes slowly but dosent produce miasma
A rock that decomposes quickly and creates lots of miasma

Is this hardcoded as well?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: June 01, 2011, 08:42:34 am »

Three things:
I want to make a new set of weapons in DF, do I have to use ITEM_WEAPON and ITEM_AMMO?
What is the function of SHOT_FORCE and SHOOT_MAXVEL?
I want to create an item similar to a quiver, but have it hold more of a different type of ammo. How would one do this?
If you mean the tokens, yes, they have to be in the item definition so the game knows how to handle them. If you mean the actual files, no.

FORCE defines how hard the weapon shoots its ammo. The higher the force, the faster it goes. MAXVEL defines the upper limit of how fast ammo can go. According to the notes left in the vanilla RAWs, MAXVEL is mostly so extremely lightweight items don't accidentally get fired at light speed.

You can't make custom quivers, but as far as I know quivers have no maximum capacity. You can carry 500 million bolts as far as the game cares.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:45 am »

You sure because i tested that and i could not add more then 25 arrows or bolts
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 01, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

You sure because i tested that and i could not add more then 25 arrows or bolts

Stacks behave in weird ways.  I think quivers will accept a few stacks of ammo regardless of the stack size.  Since bolts and arrows are made in stacks of 25, they take up the same amount of space as a stack of 10000 bolts or a stack of just 2.

Combining stacks is also kind of a weird feature that doesn't really work right, largely because of independent item qualities.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:04 am »

What does the SHOT_MAXVEL in the ranged weapon thingy do? Does having a higher shot maxvel speed up your gun?

You can't give a race or caste lower stats than its natural average, because the race itself is always the baseline. You can simply give it low stats by altering the natural physical and mental attributes of the race and the rates at which they increase/decrease.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 01, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »

I tried putting each animal man into their own individual civ, but they still are unplayable in Adventurer Mode. Advice?

Any advice? Do I have to rename each entity?

Got these tags?

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:some number]

Not that first one, probably. I'll try adding that in.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 01, 2011, 03:26:36 pm »

How do I make a workshop into a magma workshop?

Currently these 2 buildings (from the black powder firearms mod) require fuel for reactions. I could just remove the [FUEL] tag from the reactions correct?
But I would like to create a magma-powered version of both workshops.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[NEEDS_MAGMA] is what you're looking for in the building file, and then just remove [FUEL] from all of the reactions.

I want 2 separate sets of buildings though, one that is magma powered and another one that's fuel powered.

Would I need to create a duplicate set of reactions that don't have the [FUEL] tag and a duplicate set of magma workshops?

Yes.

So I added the following:

And created a separate set of non-fuel using reactions that take place at the new magma workshops

I backed up and overwrote the raws but I can't find the new workshops anywhere in the build options. Is there something I'm suppose to change to add the new workshops somewhere in there?

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 01, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »

It worked! I was able to play as a Cavefish man before I got killed by bogeymen. I couldn't play as any other animal man though, but that is probably because the world was pocket sized with a very short history. I'll generate a proper world and see what happens!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 01, 2011, 04:48:57 pm »

Your guns previously may have just been dumb luck.  The normal one should be more than twice as damaging on average.  But most ammunition values (the defaults anyway) use such extreme values that they could be behaving oddly.

As for what I quoted it's a simple matter of these tags.

[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:

The numbers after all tell the game what the numerical value of the stat actually is, the first number being the actual value for a creature that is incredibly weak in that stat. and the last being the value for a creature that would be super in that stat.

There must be 7 numbers after that each with a colon separating them.  With the 4th number being the numerical value for the creature's 'average'  If I recall default (human)for the 4th value is 1000.  With lower numbers earlier and higher numbers after.

Toady was kind enough to add "+" and "-" in the creature raws for goblins and elves and such to give a better idea what that ends up coming out as as a general rule.  the more + the more powerful in that stat than average, the more - the worse.

Using my own Dracon race as an example.
Code: [Select]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]             ++
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:150:600:700:800:900:1000:1250]                  --
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:CREATIVITY:150:600:800:900:1000:1100:1500]              -

For strength you see relatively high numbers, and a ++ indicating that the race is very strong in this area.  Even a weak creature of this race (The second number) is a little stronger than an average human (1000) and the weakest possible(the first number) is only a little weaker than an average human.  And extremely strong members of the race can have nearly double (1800) or even double and a half (2500)the strength of the average human.

However their agility, and creativity stats are lower than human levels, indicated by the -.  Both bottom out at 150, and have second weakest at 600.  At higher levels the agility stats show to be the lower of the two, with it requiring a dracon that has the second best agility possible of it's race to match even an average human in agility.  While creativity only needs a dracon with slightly higher creativity than average to match an average human.

In short the numbers after the attribute determine the value the creature has in that stat when randomly generated, before modifications to those numbers happen with skills and such.  And the game randomly picks whether a creature would be strong or weak or something in between with each stat.

[{PHYS or MENT}_ATT_RANGE:{STAT]:{Extremely weak}:{very weak}:{weak}:{average}:{strong}:{very strong}:{Incredibly strong}]
You just fill in the spots in {} with the values or stat you want there.  Higher numbers are better, and the numbers can be anywhere between 0 and 5000.  Average for humans is 1000 for comparison.

To make a creature universally weaker than average in all stats you can easily just copy and paste either the agility or creativity line above and replace the attribute names until you have them all.

Wow I made that long winded and complicated, hope I didn't confuse ya more.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:52:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »

Currently these 2 buildings (from the black powder firearms mod) require fuel for reactions. I could just remove the [FUEL] tag from the reactions correct?

[NEEDS_MAGMA] is what you're looking for in the building file, and then just remove [FUEL] from all of the reactions.

I want 2 separate sets of buildings though, one that is magma powered and another one that's fuel powered.

Would I need to create a duplicate set of reactions that don't have the [FUEL] tag and a duplicate set of magma workshops?

Yes.

And created a separate set of non-fuel using reactions that take place at the new magma workshops

I backed up and overwrote the raws but I can't find the new workshops anywhere in the build options. Is there something I'm suppose to change to add the new workshops somewhere in there?

1: Have you allowed the dwarves to build the workshop?
2: Have you found magma?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 01, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »

Stupid questions: have you (a) added them to the entity file, and (b) actually found some magma? Not sure about modded ones, but the vanilla magma workshops won't show up until you find magma to put them on.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 01, 2011, 05:54:36 pm »

Yes.

1: Have you allowed the dwarves to build the workshop?
2: Have you found magma?

Stupid questions: have you (a) added them to the entity file, and (b) actually found some magma? Not sure about modded ones, but the vanilla magma workshops won't show up until you find magma to put them on.

Yes and Yes
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php#c3
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 357