Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420581 times)

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2640 on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:57 am »

I was just about to paste from my emk reactions file... and that's basically my white sand entry I was gonna paste.

Of course as this is a reaction it almost doesn't have to make sense... you could have granite or wool and have it make toy flutes.

But enough of that... try this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah Crack House is a joke... thought of Break Room too but this was sillier. What? Drug Reference? Where? You're cracking rocks into sand `-` Or breaking them `-`

Edited to fix a word.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 13, 2011, 03:06:46 am »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They just ain't Dwarves...
« Reply #2642 on: April 13, 2011, 04:03:52 pm »

So my race, the Borioth, are progressing nicely. Tweaking this and that, but playing them I run into an interesting problem:

They just aint dwarves. ie: they're kinda weird about their jobs, they mine and dig like old ladies, they can be very sporadic about their work and they seem to dawdle.

Maybe it's just me, but it takes FAR longer to get things done than it should.

What is it the dwarves have that makes them such steam-rolling miner-men?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 13, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »

Attributes have a large effect on the effectiveness of labours. Personalities affect work ethics and such.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2644 on: April 13, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »

Reposting a question from yesterday.

Is it possible to make a mineral show up in a cluster of 1, exclusively?

Ideally I'd like to make it hyper rare (one per map, maybe) too but I'm starting with this.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 13, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »

CLUSTER_ONE.

Xainiax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 13, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »

How do you add a new skill?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 14, 2011, 08:46:13 am »

hi, i haven't been around for a long time and i need help with a few things.

what happens when the same creature is in multiple entities?  or is it not possible in sense that something bad happens.
someone told me once that you shouldn't limit a leadership role to a caste of a creature, why? (i forgot and can't find answer)

then i need help setting up a random above ground plant that makes a secretion which would bother a certain creature.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:45 am »

How do you add a new skill?
use it in a custom reaction.
in the entity_default set it to be a permitted skill/profession for the civs that are gonna use it.

hi, i haven't been around for a long time and i need help with a few things.

what happens when the same creature is in multiple entities?  or is it not possible in sense that something bad happens. I would doubt it
someone told me once that you shouldn't limit a leadership role to a caste of a creature, why? (i forgot and can't find answer) buggy I think

then i need help setting up a random above ground plant that makes a secretion which would bother a certain creature. use the raws from gnomeblight and mod it to your creature
in bold above
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 14, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »

Alrighty, so I'm making another wildlife creature.  A Baslisk that lives in deserts and mountains, and a greater baslisk that lives in the caverns.  Probably a little overpowered like most of the wildlife creatures I make are, but since they are usually fighting you I tend to not worry about that little detail much.  This is my first one of those I'm actually making trainable (but hopefully goblins will come mounted on these guys too).

Anyway I would like their scales to provide some protection.  Not a whole lot, but enough to make something along the lines of a copper short sword a very poor choice of weapon against them.  I thought tripling the scale thickness would do the trick, but when I put them up against elves in arena mode the wooden swords were still causing some minor injuries.  I know I can make a custom scale materiel in another file but is there a way to just make the preexisting materiel better on just the basilisk from within the creature entry without having to create a whole new tissue in the templates file?

Current Raws:
Spoiler: creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: body (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body plan (click to show/hide)

^ 100% Cruelty free!  No dwarves were harmed in the testing!  (3 elves and a human were paralyzed, killed and digested, but they don't count)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:26:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 14, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »

SELECT_MATERIAL:SCALE followed by whichever perameters you want to change (as if you were defining the mat template) should do it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 14, 2011, 03:24:40 pm »

Aha, I figured it was something like that, but I never actually tried defining that stuff from within a creature so I didn't know if there was some special syntax to it.

Thanks!  If anybody wants to use the things feel free :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 14, 2011, 03:32:32 pm »

Inspired by this line from the Raw Travesties thread:

[BLOOD:BLOOD:BLOOD:BLOOD:LOCAL_SKILL:GRASP]

Is it possible to give a creature the ability to grasp things with its blood, or would it be necessary to mod the body to add tendrils made of blood with the ability to grasp - and in either case, how would I go about it?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 14, 2011, 03:41:55 pm »

Blood is a material and only that; for something to grasp with it, it would need a bodypart made up of a tissue itself made up of the blood material. On doing that, see this and this. You might have luck making the "tendril" INTERNAL and SMALL, which'll stop it from being targeted in combat.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 357