Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419871 times)

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2280 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:57 am »

The adoption system is hard-coded as part of the VERMINEHUNTER tag.  The good news is that the tag is caste-specific, so you can mod it so females don't have the tag.  To do so, move the tag inside the MALE caste definition.

The cat raws are located in the creature_domestic file.

The VERMINEHUNTER tag is currently here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Move it to here

As a side effect, female cats will no longer hunt vermin.

Edit: semi-ninja'd

I have kinda a confusion.
I was just reinstaling the game, since I was still running an old version, and wanted to apply this solution again.

But now, there is this on the cat's raw two new significant tags

So yeah, my first thought was "oh, they updated the raws, so now I only need to remove the "adopt owner" part.
But I wanted to double check first, so I went to the cat's raw on the wiki, and the Raws were already updated.
I checked version history, to see if they were like before, but they were just like they are now.
So, that's my confusion... do the "adopt owner" tag always existed? or it is new? It ifs new, how the hell someone posted it on wiki 10 months ago ?

Here are the cat's raw edited on may 2010 acording to wiki history
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php?title=DF2010:Cat/raw&oldid=104604

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 13, 2011, 01:52:25 am »

Just a tiny mod-related question. Can custom workshops be claimed by a fey mood, and by extension, custom things made from those custom workshops? I don't imagine it possible, but I figured I would ask. Since not being able to get legendary-level equipment from a custom reaction could justify making it a bit stronger then usual, considering the artifact modifiers.

Razonatair

• Bay Watcher
  • Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 13, 2011, 02:27:40 am »

Toady broke up [VERMINHUNTER] into these new tags. Chances are you just need to rip out [ADOPTS_OWNER] and maybe [RETURNS_VERMIN_KILLS_TO_OWNER] if you don't like them to return the vermin.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 13, 2011, 03:31:54 am »

awesome thanks!

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:55 am »

hey there!
i made myself a small mod, which is basically designed to even out the 5 starting races in opportunities,
giving all of them at least metal (up to iron), gems and stones, more weapons, farming tags and so on.
[RELIGION:PANTHEON] (to see if they build them, so far NOT)
and matching [RELIGION_SPHERE:...]s.
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] - [ADVENTURE_TIER:...]s
[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] - and all 4 [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:...]s
all worked out fine, eventually leading to several attempts of world generation.
The problem is while the unmodded vanilla version is pretty stable, my version is rather buggy.
I have to travel to different locations to get more than ONE quest at once (rarely crashing when clicking service 2 times, otherwise repeating the first one all over again)
The Reasons actually posting for some answers, or maybe someone else experiencing something similar, are the random crashes(~10-15). the error log shows i.e.:
once a random buffer overload
and the last one before posting happening (like all others on ground level) in a goblin fortification
i actually don't think its related to the (3 logged)tokens, i searched mantis a bit, but couldn't find something useful.
(beside the multiple z level teleport-attack when standing on top of the enemy below)
i don't know if it's in that world only, i wanted to explore this one before creating another, to see how my little mod turns out.
all bugs occurred in ADVENTURE MOD, since i didn't test fort mode in 31.21.
NOT reported on mantis, because the errors are maybe... mod related.
bugs straight outta hell? :o
PHOEBUS_gfx_kit 31_21_01
EDIT: underlined extreme/strange stuff in the spoilers; more infos
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:47:07 am by stool »

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 13, 2011, 02:54:05 pm »

I'm trying to create a new creature (adamantine collossus), I added [ADVENTURETIER:4] onto it. Then, I made a new world. However, I can't choose to play adamanatine collossus. Why? Does there need to be a collossus civ? Did I write in the wrong tag? What?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 13, 2011, 03:07:26 pm »

Unrecognized Sphere Token: STORM
EVIL:Unrecognized Entity Token: ITEM THIEF
SKULKING:Unrecognized Entity Token: GEM PREF
The problem is very probably the first of these. Broken sphere stuff can cause errors when world gen tries to allocate religions and titans and things. Change STORM to STORMS and you should be fine. Otherwise try fixing up those other two tags.

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 13, 2011, 03:08:33 pm »

I'm a bit new to modding in general, but as far as i know, you would have to define your desired creature first in one of the creature raws ([CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE] is in creature_standard.txt df-folder/raw /objects)
and then make a playable civ out of them by adding an entity in entity_default.txt, including the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] and the adventure tier token there.
anyway, adding adamantite colossi as a playable civ would result in total annihilation for all other civs :D.
beyond this point i have no clue how to avoid the consequences. maybe tolerates_site ...

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 13, 2011, 03:11:10 pm »

Unrecognized Sphere Token: STORM
EVIL:Unrecognized Entity Token: ITEM THIEF
SKULKING:Unrecognized Entity Token: GEM PREF
The problem is very probably the first of these. Broken sphere stuff can cause errors when world gen tries to allocate religions and titans and things. Change STORM to STORMS and you should be fine. Otherwise try fixing up those other two tags.
thx dante, the last thing i thought of was that token, and that i had forgot the plural S.
will report back with a new world.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:05 pm »

[RELIGION:PANTHEON] (to see if they build them, so far NOT)
A pantheon is a not a building, it is a term for all the gods in a polytheistic religion, such as Greek or Norse. Could you perhaps be thinking of Parthenon? If you want a Parthenon or temple for your people, you could design one with a workshop or something maybe? Someone else would have to help you with that.

and matching [RELIGION_SPHERE:...]s.
These are the available accepted spheres.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Sphere

The problem is while the unmodded vanilla version is pretty stable, my version is rather buggy.
...i actually don't think its related to the (3 logged)tokens
You'd be surprised. You have unrecognized tokens in the game and they are probably messing everything else up. Heck, when you modify something minor, you could end up with some funky stuff happening out of no where, like boiling leather armor appearing on every person for no reason and civilizations made up entirely of monarch butterflies.

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 13, 2011, 03:27:15 pm »

I'm a bit new to modding in general, but as far as i know, you would have to define your desired creature first in one of the creature raws ([CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE] is in creature_standard.txt df-folder/raw /objects)
and then make a playable civ out of them by adding an entity in entity_default.txt, including the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] and the adventure tier token there.
anyway, adding adamantite colossi as a playable civ would result in total annihilation for all other civs :D.
beyond this point i have no clue how to avoid the consequences. maybe tolerates_site ...

I'm not really sure what to add to entity default, what should I put in?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 13, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »

I'm not really sure what to add to entity default, what should I put in?
Well i think i disqualified for any further advice by messing up my own entity_default  8).
hopefully a more experienced fellow will come to help.
i used the wiki for my mod
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Category:DF2010:Modding
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Entity_token
i'm planning to add plump helmet man as a civ, but i didn't have the time yet.

i know about custom buildings, but the http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Temple gave myself the idea that it would be actually working for humans and gobs, so i just copied their entries.
yeah i'll tripple check my typo in the raws now  :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 13, 2011, 04:47:11 pm »

Well, I got all excited when I originally saw the newer set of releases had "improvements" to items in reactions. I figured out a way to make my adventurer adorn his/her weapons with all sorts of decorations from pebbles he found around the world... but for the love of me I can't figure out how to get adventure mode reactions (or any custom reactions) to put art images on the weapons or anything else. Is that not possible? I had wanted to have a faux crafter adventurer who, through custom reactions, made all sorts of art images on their items.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 13, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »

I'm having a problem with changing item value.  Unfortunately, adding value to common items will make you have absurd amounts of points to spend on embark, because if the game has more default items than points it just keeps adding them.  Is there a way to change the amount of embark items?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:59:43 pm by Greep »

ammy55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »

is there a way to make mining available in adventure mode i don't think so but i thought i'd ask
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 357