Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419281 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1965 on: February 15, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »

also nerve damage: [HAS_NERVES]
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 15, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »

the wiki has GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS  and GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT as creature tokens... assuming dwarves have these, removing them might work

They do, and no doubt removing them would stop a dwarf from getting an infection. However, removing them does not eliminate a preexisting infection, as far as I can tell.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »

how about modding out, then modding back in, body parts?
also: shit.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Protomith

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_GEEK] [WEAPON:DICE] [PREFSTRING:intelligence]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 15, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »

Again, I ask for help on my question from the last page.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:58 pm »

the wiki has GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS  and GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT as creature tokens... assuming dwarves have these, removing them might work

They do, and no doubt removing them would stop a dwarf from getting an infection. However, removing them does not eliminate a preexisting infection, as far as I can tell.

i think i read something about that, i think it would work if you could force a new diagnose...

Again, I ask for help on my question from the last page.

errorlog?

Protomith

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_GEEK] [WEAPON:DICE] [PREFSTRING:intelligence]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Nevermind, I do not need help anymore. I accidentally deleted the files. :c
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:52:42 pm by Protomith »

gauld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:15 pm »

a bit weird, but one of my modded races aren't picking up axes though i gave them the battleaxe tag in their entity file.  they equip mining picks just fine, they just don't use the axes for mining or equip them as weapons...

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 17, 2011, 01:53:02 am »

Are they sized correctly to be able to equip axes?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

can anybody tell me what's the name of the leatherworks workshop to use in a reaction?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 17, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

you currently cannot add your own reactions to any workshop but the smelter, unless you make a custom one
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 17, 2011, 04:05:49 pm »

Ok, made a post about my body problems XD They were solved here before, and looking back I can see what the problem is.

Anyway, I've encountered a new problem. Game says it can't connect a body part. Is that a problem with Contype? And if so, what reasons are there for connection problems.

And if not, then why/what's going on!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 17, 2011, 04:14:09 pm »

you currently cannot add your own reactions to any workshop but the smelter, unless you make a custom one

that is not true, there are raw reactions that are linked to the kitchen and tannery, and i'm sure there are other workshops available, one just has to know their id's

i knew there was a list of know workshops id's somewhere, but i can't find it

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 18, 2011, 08:46:06 am »

Need a little help with tissue layers and a couple of other creature problems. In short, I don't get how they work. Basically, I want to mod an antlered and clawed sheep to have wool with the qualities of steel (I'm guessing this'll happen if I have them grow steel hair) as well as horns and claws made of steel. Butchering it in the arena yields 14 wool which are normal by all appearances, i.e. not made of steel, one "steel" (I'm not sure what it is), and all the usual parts. Though the antlers seem to be missing. Also, the castes don't seem to work - I can create a "nothing" in the arena, which ends up being a genderless skaparn called Skaparn 1. Yup, it's a total mess, I'm way in over my head.
Here are my messy raws. I'm pretty inexperienced, so they're a patchwork of things that looked like they might work if I stuck them there and flawed corrections and workarounds. I'm pretty sure I've done this in a totally stupid way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:44 am »

Your main problem is that you make a HAIR_STEEL as a tissue, which still uses the HAIR material from STANDARD_MATERIALS. You do not assign TISSUE_MATERIAL within a tissue template.

I will check other problems later, I have to run now.

Basically you need to do [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR] and [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_STEEL_TEMPLATE] and define the said HAIR_STEEL_TEMPLATE material (I am not sure if you should remove the original HAIR material, you probably don't have to do it, but I need to experiment to check it). Just try.

Your problem with castes is that you SELECT_CASTE without defining the said CASTE first. So it should be CASTE:FEMALE, not SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE (since it was not defined and does not exist), same with MALE.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 18, 2011, 02:00:22 pm »

How exactly do eggs work in regards to breeding? Does an animal lay eggs regardless of the opposite gender being present? Do these eggs have to be fertilized by a member of the opposite gender?

I'm wondering if eggs can allow you to make a monogendered species still capable of reproduction, which as far as i know is impossible at the moment.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 357