Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419264 times)

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1950 on: February 13, 2011, 01:06:37 pm »

yay my pond grabber works now, though they still are rather weak.  :)

Protomith

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_GEEK] [WEAPON:DICE] [PREFSTRING:intelligence]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 13, 2011, 06:21:53 pm »

What is wrong with this civ? It won't generate, but the creatures work fine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:21 pm »

noticed the error... i used "LOCAL" as target instead of "LOCALIZED" :p
however there is still a problem... while testing in arena mode the description of creature affected by the syndromes always says something like:

Code: [Select]
Active Syndromes:

Wind Blast!, 0 phases (0 seconds)

whats happening?

Arena mode bug.  Time in arena mode gets screwed up after the first time you take control of a creature. 

When you start the arena, syndrome progression works properly.  After you take control of a creature, if you switch back to Fort-mode-style syndromes no longer progress.

@RogueArchivist:  Weird.  Sometimes defining the same Tissue multiple times causes crashes*.  It looks like you define the Platinum and Crystal Glass Tissues twice, once per Overseer caste.  Delete the second set of declarations and see if that fixes the problem. 

In general, for multiple-caste creatures I suggest doing all material and tissue declarations at the top of the entry, including calls to b_detail_plans that create tissues and materials (like standard_materials and _tissues).

I don't know that this will fix your problem, though, because in my experience it doesn't kick in unless you're re-defining MANY Materials/Tissues, occasional duplicates are usually no big deal.

*remember that Tissue declaration isn't caste specific.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »

Ok, I deleted the seconed set, but it still crashes. It rather looks like I may have to shelve this mod till a later version. Thanks for all the help though.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:21 pm »

It's not necessary to select a caste immediately after declaring it; the parser does that for you. If you were to declare a new caste or select another one, and then wanted to go and modify the earlier caste, then you'd have to select it again.

There aren't any growth phases yet (things are born in one caste and stay that way), so it's not possible to make larvae or eggs or whatever, but otherwise it's possible to represent a variety of things pretty well.

Sure you can.  Things start as babies, become children, and then become adults.  You can call babies eggs and children larvae if you like.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:04 pm »

*Whipes brow*
Whew, that was a lot, but I finaly finished making the elves for my mod. 9 well polished races, each unique with there own appearance, personalitys, attributes and skil rates. Of corse they were the easy ones because I want my elves males and females to be very similar. As I want gender differnces for dwarfs/humans/goblins/a lot of other things, these are going to take even more effort.

Ah well, still, the elves came out looking very nice.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »

Sure you can.  Things start as babies, become children, and then become adults.  You can call babies eggs and children larvae if you like.

Doing so has nothing to do with castes.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:59 pm »

If a creature get infected with a syndrome that makes them cough blood and they had poisonous blood would that spreed the poison blood around?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »

If a creature get infected with a syndrome that makes them cough blood and they had poisonous blood would that spreed the poison blood around?
Yes. As I recall, one of the first tests done in the forums with syndromes and blood was a syndrome in dwarf blood that caused bleeding. A pool of blood soon caused every dwarf in the fortress to bleed to death. It was rather amusing.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:05 pm »

Yes. As I recall, one of the first tests done in the forums with syndromes and blood was a syndrome in dwarf blood that caused bleeding. A pool of blood soon caused every dwarf in the fortress to bleed to death. It was rather amusing.
Thank's for the Info
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 15, 2011, 12:10:35 pm »

Hello

I would like to create a fortress with 2 (or more) races in it. E.g. blue elfs + tigermen. What would be the best way to go about this?

Create an Entity definition, and have the races defined under that? Would that result in the starting party and migrant waves having members of both races?

Should I create a new creature definition for the tigermen, use that creature in the entity definition, so that there'd continue to be wild tigermen in savage tropical areas?

I'd need to take the "PET" tag out of the tigermen that I use, yes?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 15, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »

it's not possible without an external app
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69682.msg1976722#msg1976722
it breaks the therapist, though

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:06 pm »

Is there any mod program at the moment that can remove an infection on a dwarf, or anything I can edit in the raws to cure a dwarf with an infection?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 15, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »

OH GOD! It's a kraken!
Sorry, couldn't resist the impulse. Anyway, maybe yes! If you remove [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] from the dwarf that may do it.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 15, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »

the wiki has GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS  and GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT as creature tokens... assuming dwarves have these, removing them might work
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 357