Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422415 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4695 on: January 05, 2012, 03:22:10 am »

Is there a workaround for the 'shell bug'? I know making a pet creature with a shell part will give me shells, but wouldn't it still bug out since it's one type of shell so it would stack together, right? Like if I were to butcher 50 animals which will give me 1 shell each for 50 shells, and I were to use it, would it use all 50?

If I removed MAXAGE, what would it do to the creatures in world gen?

I want to make a type of metal or material that is used for armor and weapons for invaders only. I don't want my dwarves to be able to use or wear it and melt it down and make armor and weapons with it. How should I go on about this?

Hmmmm... Thats a good one... I'd say remove the invaders jobs MINING and the METAL related jobs, Then give them Custom Reactions that Produce the weapons and armor of the weapons and armor they use (the reactions give them no job)

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:UD1]
[NAME:udmib]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_(weapon):INORGANIC:(metal)]

EDIT:
Note I have not tested this, But this works for restricting certain metals Materials to civs.

EDIT2:
Correction
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:24:43 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: January 05, 2012, 02:48:46 pm »

If I removed MAXAGE, what would it do to the creatures in world gen?
It would make the creatures immune to old age, just as elves and goblins currently are. As such you are opening yourself up to large zerg rushes from thousands of the creatures without some other method of slowing their growth.

I want to make a type of metal or material that is used for armor and weapons for invaders only. I don't want my dwarves to be able to use or wear it and melt it down and make armor and weapons with it. How should I go on about this?
There is no way to make a given material that dwarves are unable to use. There are some work arounds to this, but they involve changing the weapons or creatures so that dwarves are unable to use their stuff. With armor simply change the size of the creature so that it is far enough away from a dwarf to be considered "large" or "small". Then dwarves will be unable to use it. Weapons work similarly, but the creature has to be larger then the dwarves. Then change [MINIMUM_SIZE:XXX] on the weapon to a size large then the dwarves but smaller then your invaders and the dwarves will be unable to use the weapons while the invaders still can.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4697 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:14 pm »

What he said. ^

BUT one addition: Even if you cant use it, you can still melt it, if it is a metal. So make a new wood, give it the properties you want, like super steel, and make their armor out of that. Dwarves can not use wood to create armor or melt it down.

Although I dont know if the elves would not bring  logs of it once in a while. But then again, no armor for you...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: January 05, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »

There is no way to make a given material that dwarves are unable to use. There are some work arounds to this, but they involve changing the weapons or creatures so that dwarves are unable to use their stuff. With armor simply change the size of the creature so that it is far enough away from a dwarf to be considered "large" or "small". Then dwarves will be unable to use it. Weapons work similarly, but the creature has to be larger then the dwarves. Then change [MINIMUM_SIZE:XXX] on the weapon to a size large then the dwarves but smaller then your invaders and the dwarves will be unable to use the weapons while the invaders still can.

Even if they can't wear it, how can I make it so that they can't melt it down? I'm thinking of maybe making it out of stone, or something, would that work?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: January 05, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »

Making it out of stone would work. Alternatively you could make it part of the bodies of the creatures that you are making. So that they just have iron skin or whatnot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4700 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »

Me again with my eternal pet problem.

What I want: Humans with NO pets, Elves with elf pets, Dwarves with Dwarf pets, Embark with Dwarf pets, and Migrants WITHOUT Dwarf pets.

What I have:  Humans with NO pets, Elves with elf pets, Dwarves with Dwarf pets, Embark with Dwarf pets, and Migrants WITH Dwarf pets.

Humans have commo_domestic removed, only kept mount/pack/pull for trading and mounted sieges.
Elves use pet_exotic, and any_pet_race, all elven pets live in their biome
Dwarves use common_domestic and cave_animals, all dwarven contructs count as cavern animals.

Now, how do I take the cavern animals away from my migrants ? I tried removing common domestic, but that removes them completely.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

Now, how do I take the cavern animals away from my migrants ? I tried removing common domestic, but that removes them completely.
If I'm not mistaken, immigrants will never bring [FANCIFUL] pets. However, [FANCIFUL] also prevent them from being common domestic. so you'd have to make do with never-spawning cavern fanciful creatures. Havent tested tho so dont take this for gratis ;p
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 05, 2012, 09:59:49 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, immigrants will never bring [FANCIFUL] pets. However, [FANCIFUL] also prevent them from being common domestic. so you'd have to make do with never-spawning cavern fanciful creatures. Havent tested tho so dont take this for gratis ;p
I thought [FANCIFUL] was just that everyone knew about them? Like Dragons everyone knows about dragons.

EDIT:
FANCIFUL   Makes every civilization know about the creature. The creature won't occur in regular material preference lists. The tag also adds some art value modifiers. Used for things like dragons and other legendary creatures.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:01:30 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4703 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:46 pm »

Mh, then I guess fanciful does not help. One very, very bad solution would be to add a big number of normal pets, just cow, llama, sheep copys, to lower the chance that something big and expensive would enter the map. Of course I wont do that... still hoping for a good solution. Even if the pets would be missing on the embark screen, that would be ok.... most of them are too expensive for embarking anyway.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: January 05, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »

Mh, then I guess fanciful does not help. One very, very bad solution would be to add a big number of normal pets, just cow, llama, sheep copys, to lower the chance that something big and expensive would enter the map. Of course I wont do that... still hoping for a good solution. Even if the pets would be missing on the embark screen, that would be ok.... most of them are too expensive for embarking anyway.
You could pretend that those super pets are just their way of saying "Yeah I bought that." and the loss of teh pet makes sense if it dies cause its more of "Damn there goes my investment."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4705 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:39 pm »

Well, getting a 50.000 something worth steel golem that will rape the first 2-3 sieges all alone, just by watching useless migrants walk in, is not !FUN! ;)

I had hoped to avoid that by having no active seasons and a frequency of 0 on those golems. They wont appear wild in the caverns anymore... damn migrants, they will all get sacrificied on my temple. -.-

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:15 pm »

The creature won't occur in regular material preference lists.
That's how I made my guess.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: January 05, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »

Quick modding question: Is there any way to increase the movespeed of a creature?  I am a noob to modding and all, but I still know XML, Java, and HTML, so... Anyways I looked through the creature raws and couldn't find anything that would seem to relate.

I just want to make my hunting dogs faster because they are always WAY behind the hunter, and never attack since he always runs out of ammo before they get there >.>

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: January 05, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »

you can give them [SPEED:800] (lower is faster) or drop [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:1000:1050:1150:1250:1350:1550:1800] in the dogs file.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:39 am »

you can give them [SPEED:800] (lower is faster) or drop [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:1000:1050:1150:1250:1350:1550:1800] in the dogs file.

OK great, thanks.  Does that second one just increase range?  And is higher further?

Another quick question:  Is there any way to add the ability to train a random animal as war?  Have a ton of hunting Giant Bats, want some war ones too!  XD
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 357