Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422448 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4665 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »

You can make it simpler if you make sure that they add up to 100 each time, then you can just set the ratios to equal the percentage chance of each one being born. So if you want a creature to have a 25% chance of being born a leader and a 75% of being a grin, then set them to 25 and 75. If you want a 40% leader and 60% grunt then use 40 and 60, etc.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4666 on: December 30, 2011, 11:07:07 pm »

You can make it simpler if you make sure that they add up to 100 each time, then you can just set the ratios to equal the percentage chance of each one being born. So if you want a creature to have a 25% chance of being born a leader and a 75% of being a grin, then set them to 25 and 75. If you want a 40% leader and 60% grunt then use 40 and 60, etc.
Noted Thank you :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4667 on: December 31, 2011, 01:15:27 am »

Yeah, that makes it easy :)

Can I also influence them with this:
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]

One entity uses only mount, others pull, others pack. I would create pet creatures (like the trolls are for goblins) for every race then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: December 31, 2011, 11:00:56 am »

That's really helpful.

How long do eggs take to hatch? Does egg size make a difference in how long the eggs take to hatch ?
Sorry for the late response

I'm afraid I don't know either of those for sure.  I'm not the scienc-y type,  I don't have the patience to keep track of exactly how long after laying an egg takes to hatch.  I just go with 'eventually'.  After 2 years the eggs are probably duds.  Rumor is egg size directly impacts hatching time and a good number of folks seem to believe it, so that may help you a bit anyway.

Super.

Did a bit of playing about with things on a test world. Found some interesting things.

You can get them to use the eggs in prepared meals. It needs the creature to have [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EGG_MATERIALS] in its raws. Without that, they'll still lay eggs, and the eggs will be stockpiled, but won't be used in meals.

Which means all those non-fertile eggs, can be then used in meals. Think that might be the only kind of cannibalistic thing you can get a race to do.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 02, 2012, 12:06:22 am »

Is the anyway to get "Water" to show up in the Lquid/Liquid_Misc option for food stockpiles?

Not only do I want dwarves to acually stop leaving those half full buckets laying around. But I would like to "barrel" water for drinking. I'm going to do a test run for my mod in a desert and see if that works. but they still wouldn't stockpile it (I can forsee that)

Would it be as simple a tricking DF by making a material that has a [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION:W:LIQUID_MISC:WATER] and having a [LIQUID_MISC_OTHER] slapped on it?

I will be trying to test this. But I want to know if anyone has done this, or knows how.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 02, 2012, 12:18:13 am »

i have a custom race that changes sizes a lot (both up and down ranging anywhere from 10 to 5000000) as it ages, long after it has become an adult. how can i see how big a given member of this race is during gameplay?
also: how can i set the age of my adventurer in adventure mode? (yes, these questions are related)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4671 on: January 02, 2012, 02:07:51 am »

@hugo: I only know about adding and removing liquids from buckets... never thought of adding water into barrels. hope it works out :)

@lenglon:
As far as I know: You cant check the size in fortress mode...

Question of my own:
I have 2 animals. I want both to be mutualy exclusive, one to the dwarves, on to the elves. How do I do that ? Common_domestic seems to enable it to everyone.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: January 02, 2012, 05:04:06 am »

@hugo: I only know about adding and removing liquids from buckets... never thought of adding water into barrels. hope it works out :)

@lenglon:

Question of my own:
I have 2 animals. I want both to be mutualy exclusive, one to the dwarves, on to the elves. How do I do that ? Common_domestic seems to enable it to everyone.
ok there are 4 common domestic, _mount_pack _pet _pull. Pack is required for trading. so everyone need it, no options there. you can however, carefully arrange which race has the other 3, creating a nice combination of exclusivity.

Also dont forget that there is also _exotic, and a combination of use_ tags which you can combine with the spawn biome of the race in question for good measure. in example if there's only one race who can and thrive exclusively in savage deserts. If they have use_any_pet_race and giant desert scorpions are mountable and are pet_exotic; you can count on seeing them being the only race riding scorpions to siege
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 02, 2012, 09:05:04 am »

@lenglon:

Question of my own:
ok there are 4 common domestic, _mount_pack _pet _pull. Pack is required for trading. so everyone need it, no options there. you can however, carefully arrange which race has the other 3, creating a nice combination of exclusivity.

Also dont forget that there is also _exotic, and a combination of use_ tags which you can combine with the spawn biome of the race in question for good measure. in example if there's only one race who can and thrive exclusively in savage deserts. If they have use_any_pet_race and giant desert scorpions are mountable and are pet_exotic; you can count on seeing them being the only race riding scorpions to siege
I think  know what he is trying to do, but that will cause problems on its own. Combining with a Biome for limiting the creature to a race (if race lives in that biome too) but that means that critter is going to wander around that biome (which in his case would be bad)

So is there anyway of making the creature only show in a biome for a civ to use, BUT not have them show in the wild? I had done some tests with the [DOES_NOT_EXSIST] tag. It seems DF reads it and does "Oh ok, Wait a sec." looks at [COMMON_DOMESTIC]/[BIOME] and goes "These do exsist!" and puts them in anyways.

Also anyone manage to get water to show up in the food stockpile?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:54 am »

So is there anyway of making the creature only show in a biome for a civ to use, BUT not have them show in the wild?
I havent tried but maybe [FREQUENCY:0] or NO_<all seasons> would work?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 02, 2012, 10:48:11 am »

So is there anyway of making the creature only show in a biome for a civ to use, BUT not have them show in the wild?

I've tried removing the [BIOME] tag and it seemed to work for me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4676 on: January 02, 2012, 12:22:18 pm »

COMMON_DOMESTIC seems to make it aviable to every race in trading. I had humans showing up with landmines...

For dwarves only (make them use cave animals):
Biome_Mountain
Pet
Frequency 0, no active seasons
Underground 1-2

For elves only (no useage of cave animals):
Biome_Any_Forest
Pet

For humans (no usage of cave animals):
They should have no access to any of them.

The problem is testing... for every change I would have to play a game and trade with all three races to see if it works.

Evil races:
Undead: NOTHING, they should not bring any creatures (still a siege showed up with a gaint badger?)
Goblins: Use cave animals, evil = Trolls
Orcs: Use cave animals, evil = Trolls

Frostgaints: They should have ice wolves as mounts and bring wendigos as troll replacement. I could limit them to a freezing, glacier biome, but then Frost Gaint CIVs might not exist, because of too few glaciers on the map.

btw: the last undead siege got raped by a stray, tame, steel golem.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:44 pm »

COMMON_DOMESTIC seems to make it aviable to every race in trading. I had humans showing up with landmines...

For dwarves only (make them use cave animals):
Biome_Mountain
Pet
Underground 1-2

For elves only (no useage of cave animals):
Biome_Any_Forest
Pet

For humans (no usage of cave animals):
They should have no access to any of them.

The problem is testing... for every change I would have to play a game and trade with all three races to see if it works.

Evil races:
Undead: NOTHING, they should not bring any creatures (still a siege showed up with a gaint badger?)
Goblins: Use cave animals, evil = Trolls
Orcs: Use cave animals, evil = Trolls

Frostgaints: They should have ice wolves as mounts and bring wendigos as troll replacement. I could limit them to a freezing, glacier biome, but then Frost Gaint CIVs might not exist, because of too few glaciers on the map.

btw: the last undead siege got raped by a stray, tame, steel golem.

I never thought of adding NO_(season name) tags to my creatures. Funny that I never thought of that good work.

For the undead just remove all things related to animals

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: January 02, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

I never thought of adding NO_(season name) tags to my creatures. Funny that I never thought of that good work.
Interesting enough, the idea came from a few weeks back when I tried to implement a trade-only plant. Good to see that it work for animals too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4679 on: January 02, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

Yep, just found the:
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]
in the entity raws... I though reohikul meant on the creatures. Argh. Well, now I have more control. If I enable COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT only for elves, and make the creatures [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [MOUNT], then only they should bring them... hopefully.

And dwarves have COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET and USE_CAVE_ANIMALS but nothing else, and all the creatures related are common_domestic, pets and underground 1-2.

I just remove everything from humans and undead then.

Wow, that is so complicated. ^^ Can I still use the elven creatures then, if they have no PET tag ?

EDIT: Mh... I managed to seperate them into pets for dwarves and pet_exotics for elves. Dont know if they bring them though, and if the dungeon master can tame them, even with the fix...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:09:38 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 357