Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 409811 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2475 on: March 27, 2011, 03:37:13 am »

Can you rename quivers?

Or do anything with them, really?

I found a QUIVER tag in the string dump but without context it's kinda useless unfortunatly.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #2476 on: March 27, 2011, 08:43:27 am »

edit: Found the error ;)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:42 am »

Two related questions:

1. How do I turn oil into oil? Not a specific kind of oil, I want to be able to go into the plant entry, slap a reaction class on the oil itself, and use one reaction for all my vegetable oil needs.
2. Are flasks / vials / waterskins a valid container for reactions? For instance, beer comes in barrels, but my presser won't accept them when asked to press oil because they're not liquid containers (!).
3. How do I empty a vial? I drafted some creatures to get rid of buzzards and the little sods filled my flasks with alcohol (I wish the military default were 'no food and drink carried').

I'm trying to take a container of oil and measure it out into half a dozen vials. I suspect that the problem is with the first question since the reaction goes ahead.

Edit: I gave up on turning an organic reagent into itself and added another material to that fake creature I have for doing just this. Everything with the reaction class 'vegetable oil' now gets turned into generic vegetable oil.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:54:58 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:37 pm »

Four custom plants, planned and coded.

Uploaded all the codes for my custom plants. Could I ask somebody to check those over before I use them?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 27, 2011, 05:05:38 pm »

Please check my codes as I upload them and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong before I add these plants into my games? Also, would I need to do anything special to enable the use of powders and extracts?
They look okay, throw them in and see what happens. They all appear where other plants do, so you should be able to gather them up. To get them growing in different biomes, have a look at the 'biome token' page of the wiki and pick which ones you want. Powders and extracts are 'enabled' with the use of the various cooking / eating tokens, plus the POWDER_DYE token for milled dyes.

Edited to add question / comment: Flasks are not a valid target for powder products, it seems. This reaction here --

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-- produced one melted ammonium chloride in a vial, one empty vial, and one ammonium chloride on the floor.

Are there any other container limitations?

@mud074
Adding a new reaction requires a regen, and it also requires that the dwarven entity can use the reaction.
You can hijack an existing reaction though, as long as you don't change the [REACTION:<name>] part of the entry.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:46:31 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 27, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »

In an attempt to create an uber cotton candy covered army, I added this into my reaction_smelter file:

Even if I create a new world, all I get at the smelter is "melt down a metal item".... anybody know what I am doing wrong?
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 27, 2011, 06:52:47 pm »

Would it be possible to accurately model this plant?
くコ:彡

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 27, 2011, 08:02:48 pm »

In an attempt to create an uber cotton candy covered army, I added this into my reaction_smelter file:

Even if I create a new world, all I get at the smelter is "melt down a metal item".... anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Did you add [PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_ADAMANTINE_WAFERS] to the appropriate race in the Entity file?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2483 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:22 pm »

Asking again, is it possible to rename quivers or do anything with them reactionwise at all?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »

Asking again, is it possible to rename quivers or do anything with them reactionwise at all?
No, they're extremely hardcoded. Reactionwise they're known as [QUIVER:NONE:<material tokens>], but there's not much you can do with them except create them or use them as a reagent. You could try and form a phrase ending in 'quiver' (like how you can call ammo '- tipped bolt' and have it read as 'flint - tipped bolt' when made, but manipulating the material name), but that's the closest you're going to get.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2485 on: March 27, 2011, 09:33:22 pm »

Ahhh, damn. I was hoping to change the name to energy cell and make a reaction to "recharge" the cell at a workshop, that would just fill the quiver with ammo.

Alas.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #2486 on: March 27, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »

How can I add a tail and make it so it isn't feathered as the rest of the body is?
You can take the existing BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS body detail plan, copy it and rename it, remove the part relating to the tail (and any other parts you don't want covered; by default it covers the legs too), and use that instead.

There are probably more elegant ways of doing it (declare the tail and its tissue layers after applying the feathers to the currently existing parts?), but swapping the default hair / feather / whatever template for your own will definitely work.

I am extremely sorry, but I'm still confused.
I read all the body detail plan token pages on the wiki, and the modding creature guide and read through the elk bird raws but still can't figure it out.

Here's what I have so far anyhow.

Additional question: If I define two different tissue layers is butchering going to return two types of cockatrice leather?
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:56 pm »

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:FEATHER]
If you go into b_detail_plan_default.txt and find the BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS entry, it has a bunch of lines like this:

Code: [Select]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG:ARG1:1]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER:ARG1:1]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:ARG1:1]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:ARG1:1]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:ARG1:1]

Copy this entry to a new one with a different name (say, BODY_HAIR_LAYERS_NO_TAIL), and remove just the categories you don't want covered (deactivate them by removing the opening tag; see below). There's no need to remove ones the cockatrice doesn't have. Then go back into the creature raws and replace the old body hair plan with [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_LAYERS_NO_TAIL:FEATHER].

That will leave some parts covered in feathers, and some parts bare skin. To add scales on top of that bare skin requires some more work, and there are a couple of different ways of doing it. The easiest way is to paste another tissue over the skin by using the TISSUE_LAYER_OVER token. It's like making and attaching fingernails, but with slightly different syntax. The more complicated way is to create a new tissue for the scales (the existing one has the same properties as skin, which your creature already has), and use that as an argument in the BODY_HAIR_LAYERS_NO_TAIL plan. Say...

Then you'd go back to the custom body detail plan and change everything you want covered in scale to ARG2, and the line in the creature entry would change accordingly to [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_LAYERS_NO_TAIL:FEATHER:SCALE].

Additional question: If I define two different tissue layers is butchering going to return two types of cockatrice leather?
To do that you'd need two different material templates for the skin(s), possibly with two different material reaction products. If you put skin and scale on the same creature you'll get both as long as the creature's big enough, but scale is a separate material from skin and by default you can't make leather from it. If you mod it to be useable, then you'll get your use from it as if the skin doesn't exist.

[BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS:TAIL:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_HORN]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:TAIL_TISSUES]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:FEATHER]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:FEATHER]
What's in the TAIL_TISSUES body plan?
As it is now, the scale material isn't being used. It's being called ready for use, but it never gets added to the creature.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: March 28, 2011, 01:37:56 am »

Would it be possible to accurately model this plant?
くコ:彡

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2489 on: March 28, 2011, 02:21:33 am »

Trees cannot drop fruit as far as I know.

If you don't mind it being a shrub it'd prolly work though.

Edit: SO, I need help with this. I'm trying to make a creature with a "brain" in it that is made of meat, while the rest of it is made of metal. And someone helped me out with that, and it's awesome but I seem to have hit another snag. Namely the error message below. Looking at it, I think it's having trouble finding the PILOT_CHEST bodypart but everything seems labeled right to me.

Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:PILOT_CHEST:SKIN_TEMPLATE
Here's the relevent creature entry part.

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:PILOT_CHEST:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
Annnd the body part entry for safety's sake.

[BODY:PILOT_CHEST]
[BP:BRAIN:pilot:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][THOUGHT][INTERNAL][SMALL][CATEGORY:BRAIN]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]

Help please.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:29:20 am by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 357