Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422061 times)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2445 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:43 am »

I modded in humans made completely of copper, as a seperate civilization/race. I thought they would be unkillable. I was wrong.

I threw some water at one (it was a BANDIT LEADER), it hit their upper body, and it killed them instantly.
Oh, also, I had put no points into throwing.

Still, slashing weapons don't do any damge to it. You'd think they would deal a little bit of blunt damage when they glanced away!
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #2446 on: March 24, 2011, 06:47:58 pm »

I want to make a cockatrice creature as a large chicken with a serpentine tail, but the BODY tags are really confusing me.

How can I add a tail and make it so it isn't feathered as the rest of the body is?
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:44 am »

I decided to ask a question here instead of spamming threads :S

Q: How do I make dog meat brewable into alcohol? And will it work without regenning my world?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:08 pm »

How can I add a tail and make it so it isn't feathered as the rest of the body is?
You can take the existing BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS body detail plan, copy it and rename it, remove the part relating to the tail (and any other parts you don't want covered; by default it covers the legs too), and use that instead.

There are probably more elegant ways of doing it (declare the tail and its tissue layers after applying the feathers to the currently existing parts?), but swapping the default hair / feather / whatever template for your own will definitely work.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:03 pm »

So I have figured out how to deal with material amounts like those of 150 units per bar.  But powders are supposedly 150 units as well, but when I tried to use that similarly, it resulted in reactions that required 150 separate 'powder' units, and I had only purchased 100 at embark ^.^  So I am a bit confused by powders, and have a relatively good problem to pose to you all with which to learn how to work with them correctly.

The following reaction produces 150 raw amber glasses.  I need it to produce one.  The reaction works fine, requiring one unit of each powder, but still produces 150 raw glass.  A similar reaction that I used to produce amethyst glass from powders, but which required a bar of pearlash, worked perfectly, and I am pretty sure that it did not have this problem because the REAGENT:pearlash:150:BAR:NONE:PEARLASH:NONE] was what defined the amount of the product, since of this there was only one and, as I said, I have gotten pretty good with bars.
Here is the problematic reaction...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here is the one that works fine.
Where would the 150 go in the problematic one, which has no pearlash to define the quantity of product?
And a side note, an even simpler reaction has a similar problem, producing 150 units of product: where would the 150 go here?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:28:28 pm by Pickerel »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2450 on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:28 pm »

Can someone walk me through how to make, for instance,all but one part of a creature a specific metal?

Making it all the metal is simple mostly because I can just copy the bronze collossus raws.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 25, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »

So I have figured out how to deal with material amounts like those of 150 units per bar.  But powders are supposedly 150 units as well, but when I tried to use that similarly, it resulted in reactions that required 150 separate 'powder' units, and I had only purchased 100 at embark ^.^  So I am a bit confused by powders, and have a relatively good problem to pose to you all with which to learn how to work with them correctly.

The following reaction produces 150 raw amber glasses.  I need it to produce one.  The reaction works fine, requiring one unit of each powder, but still produces 150 raw glass.  A similar reaction that I used to produce amethyst glass from powders, but which required a bar of pearlash, worked perfectly, and I am pretty sure that it did not have this problem because the REAGENT:pearlash:150:BAR:NONE:PEARLASH:NONE] was what defined the amount of the product, since of this there was only one and, as I said, I have gotten pretty good with bars.
Where would the 150 go in the problematic one, which has no pearlash to define the quantity of product?
And a side note, an even simpler reaction has a similar problem, producing 150 units of product: where would the 150 go here?
EDIT: Bluh, I can't read.  Powders are dimension 1, but you're defining 150 dimension on the third.  Not sure about the first.
Try stacking the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] on everything.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:36:10 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »

Having some trouble with a tissue not recognising the name it's supposed to be using.

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM:ELEMENT_DEPOSIT_HARVESTABLE_TEMPLATE_STR]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:unprocessed magnesium deposits]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:melted magnesium deposits]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:burning magnesium deposits]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:magnesium deposits:NP]
SELECT_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:shearables:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:100]
The stuff sheared off always appears as 'muscle' and not 'unprocessed magnesium deposits' or 'magnesium deposits'.
The entry itself is a mess, I know (muscles under the brain? wtf), but I can try for something more appropriate after sorting out the technical details.

(Fluffwise, the deposits are distributed throughout the body with only the ones closest to the surface being extracted. They're already represented in the form of a gaseous layer that spews forth burning unpleasantness when disturbed. I'd like the actual shearable part to be 'invisible' except to the shearer.)
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2453 on: March 25, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »

What determines the rate of "stuck in"? I've already increased max edge to an obscene amount, and his archery skill is legendary so.

This is a "built in" ranged attack so if that's affecting things say so, but I saw it get stuck in once. Unfortunatly it died shortly therafter so I couldn't see if it would light on fire or at least start melting.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »

Not going to help with the stuckin rate, but what's the weight and penetration value of the ammo? Turning both of those down will reduce the deadliness of the ammo itself.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:28 pm »

Okay, figured out the problem.

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM:ELEMENT_DEPOSIT_HARVESTABLE_TEMPLATE_STR]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:unprocessed magnesium deposits]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:melted magnesium deposits]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:burning magnesium deposits]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]
[TISSUE_NAME:magnesium deposits:NP]
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:HARVEST_MAGNESIUM]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:shearables:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:100]
I borrowed the muscle template so that the shearable part would have a tissue to be made from, but the muscle tissue template calls up MUSCLE as its component material, and the MUSCLE material uses the muscle material template.
So I pointed the muscle template at the HARVEST_MAGNESIUM material instead.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2456 on: March 26, 2011, 03:30:40 am »

It's probably not too much, actually, and that sounds like it might make it stick in more.

The ammo wasn't as deadly as I wanted it to be either soooo we'll see what happens I guess. :p

And another small question, does anyone know if Vocalizations can be triggered upon enraging? I've only seen Alert and Peaceful Intermittant, or whatever it was called.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 26, 2011, 07:32:42 am »

I modded in a new race, "harmans", which are humans that can go into trances, with no hair (other than eyebrows), and are immune to infections. There is a special caste called "Guardians", and the "guardians" don't need to eat, sleep, or drink, and they are insanely fast. However, my guardians are really too fast. I managed to cut off both of a night beasts upper arms off, then its left upper leg off, then its right lower leg off, stab it in the heart, stab it in the right eye, and chop it in half before it could bleed to death.

So I have a few questions:
1) How do I make one caste a lot stronger than the others?
2) What would be the right speed for a caste that should be really fast, but not so fast that it makes the game really easy, just so that they are quite a bit faster than anybody else?
3) How do I make this caste very rare?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 26, 2011, 08:06:43 am »

All POWDER_MISC should be dimension 150 (Just like bars). However, if you're generating them yourself, you have to ensure that the product has the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] tag on it. Otherwise, it'll give it a dimension of 1. Which causes the 'need 150' error. Heh.

Any reaction that uses a POWDER_MISC should have 150 * Number of 'stacks' for the quantity. So... Try putting the 150 on each of the REAGENTS that uses a powder.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 26, 2011, 08:06:59 am »

1) How do I make one caste a lot stronger than the others?body size and strength
2) What would be the right speed for a caste that should be really fast, but not so fast that it makes the game really easy, just so that they are quite a bit faster than anybody else?speed calculation is 100+speed stat, smaller is faster. Average speed is 1000, speed of 500 is twice as fast etc. Realistically "quite a bit faster" is usually only 10%-20% faster.
3) How do I make this caste very rare?pop ratio
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 357