Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371873 times)

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

Got a quick question. Someone else mentioned RAW changes further up, in reference to the DIY method.. Does this mean that the DIY method no longer works? I did it myself a moment ago (links in sig) and it seemed to all be fine when I tested it...
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Got a quick question. Someone else mentioned RAW changes further up, in reference to the DIY method.. Does this mean that the DIY method no longer works? I did it myself a moment ago (links in sig) and it seemed to all be fine when I tested it...

The DIY method works but you need to put some effort in to merge the updated raws with Mike Mayday's ones. Simply copy & pasting is going to mean your missing all the bug fixes in the raws Toady has made in 0.31.15 & 0.31.16 (assuming you're using DFG 0.31.14 as your base for the DIY method).

Looking at your versions of 0.31.14 & 0.31.16, every change Toady made to the raws is missing between Mike Mayday's 0.31.12 & 0.31.14 respectively.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The DIY method works but you need to put some effort in to merge the updated raws with Mike Mayday's ones. Simply copy & pasting is going to mean your missing all the bug fixes in the raws Toady has made in 0.31.15 & 0.31.16 (assuming you're using DFG 0.31.14 as your base for the DIY method).

Looking at your versions of 0.31.14 & 0.31.16, every change Toady made to the raws is missing between Mike Mayday's 0.31.12 & 0.31.14 respectively.

On how to do that: Toady's changes to the raws are documented in the file "file_changes.txt" in the main DF folder. Most of them are super simple additions of tags. Just go through Mayday's raws in the DIY version your making and add them, shouldn't take more than 10 min. If you're worried about mucking something up, open up the official v16 raws and compare: just use all of the official raws values except for the [TILE] settings that Mayday changed (and most of those are the same anyway).

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can wait. I'm not THAT addicted to DF...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a related topic, I have a request:

Mayday, is there any way we could get our hands on your list of the exact values you changed in the raws? I'm sure you want to maintain distribution control over your own mod, but if you ever decide you don't want to maintain this anymore, that would really help us merge new versions.

Edit: Nevermind, mostly. I found hermano's fabulous raw updater tool http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54669.0
and was able to extract most everything from that.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:05:30 am by Lord Aldrich »

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a try... Do It Yourself huh ?

There you go : http://dev2.ozone.elynx.fr/dfg_31_16_oz_win.7z

I hope I didn't do any mistake, sorry Mayday if I did ;)

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ozone: what mods are you using? and what is "The world has passed into the Draconic age.."

that said, many thanks for it. ^_^

edit: also getting rocks i've never seen before. whatever mod this is, i like it. curiousity piqued!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:19:42 am by Tryntu »

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

Thanks to Malibu Stacey and Lord Aldrich.. I'll sort that out when I get home, and re-upload the files. Does this mean a fix for the black doors problem? Because that would be nice. Always bugged me. I don't know a whole lot about Dwarf Fortress itself, only the fact that the DIY guide on Mayday's site was easy to follow, so that would be why I missed the raw changes.. who reads release notes anyway ;)
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

hermano's raw tile merger tool does most of the work for you but I still recommend using a proper diff tool such as Beyond Compare to copy and/or merge the stuff it doesn't.
Actually having a quick look at the DIY DFG instructions on Mike Mayday's page, I would thorougly recommend not following them at all as only steps 3, 6 & 7 are actually any use.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ozone: what mods are you using? and what is "The world has passed into the Draconic age.."

There are no mods, it's a Windows SDL official 31.16 version which I merged with Mayday's 31.14...

The sentence on the menu screen must come with 31.16, it seems random each time you restart the game.
I was surprised too :)
As for the "new" rocks, I guess it comes with 31.15 and how Toady modified the World Generator ?

EDIT:
@kaolbrec : I just seen your signature and compared our versions. I'm not sure if my version is good, but I can tell yours misses a lots of data from Toady's 31.16  :-\
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:32:21 pm by OzoneGrif »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

"The draconic age" means that there're only dragons as megabeasts. Or they are dominant. You can actually change age names.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea when Mike Mayday will release a 31.16 DFG set? I'm thinking of playing DF again, now that two of the peeves that I have are fixed, the bone stockpile stuff and the one with bed assignments not being respected.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea when Mike Mayday will release a 31.16 DFG set? I'm thinking of playing DF again, now that two of the peeves that I have are fixed, the bone stockpile stuff and the one with bed assignments not being respected.

You can try the version I made, if you're not frightened with DIY (do it yourself) merges ;)
I tested it yesterday evening for a few hours, seems to work fine so far.

http://dev2.ozone.elynx.fr/dfg_31_16_oz_win.7z
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:36:19 pm by OzoneGrif »

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Ozone, im trying out your release and the sounds and music from the intro are not paying. Is this normal? Is the problem on my end?

edit: nvm the sound was set to "no" in init, simple fix.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:41:06 pm by rntrndrw »

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Ozone, im trying out your release and the sounds and music from the intro are not paying. Is this normal? Is the problem on my end?

edit: nvm the sound was set to "no" in init, simple fix.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw that you figured it out right as I hit "post"  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 78