Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371874 times)

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are black textures normal? Im getting doors and hatches that are completely black, sorta annoying. Anyway to fix it?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are black textures normal? Im getting doors and hatches that are completely black, sorta annoying. Anyway to fix it?

What material are they? Granite? It's actually a problem with DF itself and the way it does graphics or something. There are a few materials (granite is best known for this) that will cause the doors and hatches to appear like silhouettes due to the color of the material. The only real way to fix it is to just not make doors and hatches out of that material.

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ozone: what mods are you using? and what is "The world has passed into the Draconic age.."

There are no mods, it's a Windows SDL official 31.16 version which I merged with Mayday's 31.14...

The sentence on the menu screen must come with 31.16, it seems random each time you restart the game.
I was surprised too :)
As for the "new" rocks, I guess it comes with 31.15 and how Toady modified the World Generator ?

EDIT:
@kaolbrec : I just seen your signature and compared our versions. I'm not sure if my version is good, but I can tell yours misses a lots of data from Toady's 31.16  :-\

i'm retarded, figured it out and forgot to post as such. ignore the man behind the computer screen.

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm im not sure if it was granite, but if thats just the way the game rolls then I can deal with it, thanks for the heads up.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

If any of you would be so helpful as to check whether I've got it right this time, here's a link to the new file.. I went through the raws this time, as the file_changes.txt required.

Code: [Select]
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3216
EDIT: I started with Mayday's official 0.31.14, freshly downloaded, so that's the file changes for 0.31.15/6. I then followed the DIY instructions and went through the raws after that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:15:10 pm by kaolbrec »
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how to thoroughly check, but anyways, I'm really preferring this to Phoebes tileset as the Phoebe one is a bit dark for my preferences.

Edit: Maybe you should try a playtest with the arena since I got this errorlog:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_subterranean.txt"
CAVE_SWALLOW_MAN:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 2ARMS
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature CRUNDLE
CRUNDLE:FEMALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
CRUNDLE:FEMALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
CRUNDLE:MALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
CRUNDLE:MALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead

Edit: Somehow you omitted the 2ARMS token and the _FLIER tag.

Edit2: And you're missing the horn and teeth template for the crundles.

Edit3: Okay, I think you have several things messed up because I tried fixing those stuff in the raws and it still errorlogged, when I copied and pasted over from Phoebes pack, it now gives me this error:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_subterranean.txt"
CAVE_SWALLOW_MAN:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
CAVE_SWALLOW_MAN:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CAVE_SWALLOW_MAN:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Edit4: I tried copying and pasting the body part and body plan raws and still got that message, copied and pasted ALL raws from Phoebus's pack and STILL got the error message. No idea whats messed up here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:24:12 pm by smjjames »

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

OH SHI-

I don't play Arena myself, but that is.. disturbing. I'll have another go tomorrow.

-------

Ok, so I ran it on my machine (the very same file I uploaded) and entered arena mode. Was able to place creatures and let 'em go without issue. I also went through the raws and replaced the offending entries with the default 0.31.16 ones. That ran fine too. Is the crundle usually selectable in the arena? Because it (and also the cyclops) aren't in the list for me. I've removed the listing from dffd until I can get some more opinions.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:44:41 pm by kaolbrec »
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kaolbrec : I already gave you an answer yesterday... there are mistakes in your merge. You removed a lots of 31.16 modifications in the RAWs.

I made a release for 31.16, download it and do a Diff (or Winmerge) to see the differences.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:09:27 pm by OzoneGrif »

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

kaolbrec : I already gave you an answer yesterday... there are mistakes in your merge. You removed a lots of 31.16 modifications in the RAWs.

I made a release for 31.16, download it and do a Diff (or Winmerge) to see the differences.

And I updated the file since you told me that - I do read the thread you know :D Unfortunately there seem to be some more problems.

----------------

I can't quite believe I'd never heard of winmerge before - thanks for mentioning that.. it is awesome. It could be very helpful in getting it right next time. Also seeing our files side-by-side was useful :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:04:44 pm by kaolbrec »

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey.

This has been my main graphic set sense I started play dwarf fortress, I dunno why, but I think it fits the game quite nicely. Besides a few text errors (with certain names not fitting on screen), I like the way most objects are presented.

However, if there is one thing I hate, it's the new engraving graphics. It's like a giant threw up art all over my fortress. I used to like engraving because it made things look better, now it's just something I use to make my fortress worth more.

Is there a way to revert it back to the way it was before? (Smooth with scribblings on the wall kind of deal). Encase it's something wrong on my end, here's what I'm talking about:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3562/blehw.jpg

I assume I can just move an old version of maydays into the graphic file and that should clear it up. Am I right in thinking this?

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, if there is one thing I hate, it's the new engraving graphics. It's like a giant threw up art all over my fortress. I used to like engraving because it made things look better, now it's just something I use to make my fortress worth more.
Yes, you can change it easily in the d_init.txt file.

If you'd like your engravings to start off looking the same (you can toggle them on individual later), set this to YES.

[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]
Sadly, this won't work on engravings you already made. It will only affect future engravings.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you'd like your engravings to start off looking the same (you can toggle them on individual later), set this to YES.

Sadly, this won't work on engravings you already made. It will only affect future engravings.

however, you can hide the engravings... one by one... with the loo[k]...
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

however, you can hide the engravings... one by one... with the loo[k]...

d > v

Toggle engravings. En masse.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, fortress looks a lot better now.

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile

I made a try... Do It Yourself huh ?

There you go : http://dev2.ozone.elynx.fr/dfg_31_16_oz_win.7z

I hope I didn't do any mistake, sorry Mayday if I did ;)

I'm trying this out now..  I embarked with seeds, and they came in a "forgotten beast skin chest" and a "Unknown frozen creature substance chest".

Is this... normal?
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78