Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233472 times)

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.31.18 version out!)
« Reply #3135 on: December 18, 2010, 01:50:59 pm »

NO!
for the sake of Armok, someone stop him!
he's drinking WATER!!!
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 18, 2010, 02:53:37 pm »

NO!
for the sake of Armok, someone stop him!
he's drinking WATER!!!
Well, then we must be out of booze!
Go make some, you! We must save him fastly!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinnyil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 18, 2010, 05:33:14 pm »

It's TrueType Font again. No, it's not Ironhand's fault. No, we can't fix it until Toady or Baughn does.

It's come up a lot. Please don't post it again. :v

Its pretty easy to answer a question without being a jerk!  There's a lot of thread here and it was a simple question.  Again, given that this was my first experience with any sort of graphics pack, I had literally no idea what could be causing it. 

Ironhand, as a suggestion could you put something about this in the initial post?  Then people will be less likely to post about it, as reading 210 pages of a thread to get the answer to a very simple question seems sort of onerous. 

Sinnyil cancels rest:  Playing dwarf fortress.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3138 on: December 18, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »

We just get the question a lot, so some people react negatively. Those people are awful, socially inept human beings.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 18, 2010, 08:37:54 pm »

Its pretty easy to answer a question without being a jerk!

Yeah, but it's even easier to be a jerk!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 18, 2010, 08:48:04 pm »

We just get the question a lot, so some people react negatively. Those people are awful, socially inept human beings.

I don't even see how I was being a jerk. :v
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:06 am »

I don't even see how I was being a jerk. :v

To be fair, I don't think you were really being a jerk.  You did come off cross and unfriendly.  I know I didn't like the tone I perceived in your post.  The repeated pattern of sentences beginning in "No," despite not addressing questions actually in the post you were responding to are partly to blame.  "Please don't post it again" carries the implicit suggestion that future posters should be familiar with the entire history of the thread, putting the blame on them for asking what is really a pretty reasonable question.  Sinnyil's suggestion to put something about it at the start is a good one.  An FAQ section is quite appropriate when a topic spans thousands of posts, such as this one.

Sinnyil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 19, 2010, 12:24:37 am »

I'm glad my opinion isn't alone.  I am...on the internet a lot, including the forums, so I understand the frustration when "Random Poster #1312387" asks the same question answered a dozen times prior.

Its just this thread is huge, and the tileset is fantastic, and a simple question like the one I had could possibly be greeted with less scorn =\.

But really.  The tileset is amazing.  Amazing!

Also, I'm really drunk.
Sinnyil cancels rest:  Playing dwarf fortress.

beridel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 19, 2010, 02:51:52 am »

So no one has any idea whats happening with my problem?

I've tried to skim through all of this post, but its just really REALLY long, heh.  I also posted something in the modding forum (because I imagine my problem stems from the graphics pack, since vanilla seems to work fine), but I never got an answer.

So to start from the beginning, I'm on x64 Arch Linux and I have the dwarffortress package from multilib installed.  I then downloaded Ironhand's pack (the latest version, .495 I believe) and just unzipped all of it into the folder, of course overwriting the init from the vanilla installation and using Ironhand's init.  I then generate a large region and embark and everything seems peachy.  However, after several sessions, I'll eventually run into the problem (this can happen the first time after I come back to a new game, or the fifth time, it eventually happens every time I've made a new game).  The problem is that whenever I use 'k' to look around, it crashes with a segmentation fault tell me that there is a texture that can't be found (can't remember the exact wording), I can get it for you guys if you really need it.  This also happens when I try and build a workshop, or if I sometimes try and use 'q' to manage a workshop (that was already built before this starts).  Basically any variety of actions can cause a crash and it almost always says missing texture or something like that.

The only way it seems I can fix this is if I reinstall the multilib dwarffortress vanilla package and then re-install Ironhand's graphics pack.  But then the same problem crops up of course some time afterwards.

So not quite sure what to do and any help would be appreciated!

Also, for what it matters, I've changed the keybindings and so the interface.txt isn't really out of the box, but I imagine that shouldn't change anything.

connard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:09 am »

Greeting dear partners,

I know there's a problem with fonts in descriptions, but there's also a problem on truncated dwarf names in the users lists, it's because of special chars like ö,ê, etc. Do you know how to fix that ?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 22, 2010, 08:07:29 am »

download a "plain" language pack somewhere I think. If you use true type font which IH has one built in, you shouldnt have issues with this also.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

connard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 22, 2010, 08:40:37 am »

Thanks for the answer. But I have no idea of what you are saying!  :-X

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 22, 2010, 09:15:17 am »

Thanks for the answer. But I have no idea of what you are saying!  :-X
Well there are 2 ways to render text, one is using the artset, the same one used to draw ground and water and stuff. The newer way is to use the truetype font. Since there are many extended characters used in the artset to visualize other objects it can get confusing. So there're 2 ways, one is to convert the characters to plain ASCII characters which's properly rendered with just the art set, the second way is to tell the game to render with truetype font. Ironhand assume the latter so it's more elaborate on artset use then some other tilesets like say, phoebus or mayday.

To make sure your game is rendering using provided tileset, go to data\init\init.txt, scroll down and make sure it read [PRINT_MODE:2D] and [TRUETYPE:YES] somewhere. Now go to data\art and make sure there's a file called font.ttf there.

It should look like this when properly configured:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:17:25 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

connard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 22, 2010, 11:38:46 am »

Thanks! Actually I have it already looking that way, but some of my dwarves have a "square" instead of a special letter, then on reports message it is truncated at this square.

For example: Alät created a masterpiece; I just get: Al

Edit: I checked all you said and it is ok.

Look how it is:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:43:13 am by connard »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 22, 2010, 11:53:15 am »

I've looked at my ironhand installation and it seem to have all the language plain-ed and truetype font correctly displayed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go to raw\objects\language_DWARF.txt and see if the words have special characters. Then compare this raw with the one in your save folder at data\save. You probably misplaced ironhand's raw somewhere...
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 329