Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229016 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I dont know how aware you are, or if this is intended, but: Animated armors /armormen use a tissue template with [IMPACT_YIELD:1620000] and [IMPACT_FRACTURE:1620000] This is 100000 higher then that of steel. I fought a rusty, a normal, and a corosive one in fortress mode. 10 well trained, fully masterwork-steel clad dwarves perished, not one animated armor fell. Three of them instantly to one breathattack of the corosive one. I later caged and put them into a training ground for crossbows. I used steel bolts for training, and none of the animated armors was killed by this.

Maybe... you should think about lowering the values a bit. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, I think those were supposed to be lower, thanks for telling. They were not appearing in the game not long ago, so I guess that's why people did not complain about them :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile

Do as I suggest every time this question rises in the thread: make a clean unpack of the mod. Do not ever try to put it on an existing DF version too.

Just switch to ASCII mode, after that close the modloader/game and navigate to ../dwarf fortress/data/art/ and replace the tileset.png there with the one you want.
That what I get...

Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

AssasinInTheDark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

hey deon  ever time i try to open genesis mod loader i get a message "to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of .NET framework v4.0.30319 contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropiate version of the .NET frameowrk" any ideas why im getting this? :o

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey deon  ever time i try to open genesis mod loader i get a message "to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of .NET framework v4.0.30319 contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropiate version of the .NET frameowrk" any ideas why im getting this? :o

you need to install the latest version of .NET.  You should be able to go Start -> Windows Update and pick it from the optionally installable items.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Do as I suggest every time this question rises in the thread: make a clean unpack of the mod. Do not ever try to put it on an existing DF version too.

Just switch to ASCII mode, after that close the modloader/game and navigate to ../dwarf fortress/data/art/ and replace the tileset.png there with the one you want.
That what I get...

That's a problem with the tileset you used, the alpha layer got fucked up.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon smallest most unnoticeable bug ever, your mod loader application says 'masterwork dwarf fortress' if you hover the mouse over the taskbar item.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile

That's a problem with the tileset you used, the alpha layer got fucked up.
Changed tileset from 800x600 on 640x480. Now it works. Can't understand why - both are standard ones...
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

mrchace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry if this is a newb questions. I have been playing Genesis since I first started playing Dwarf Fortress. After I got a handle on the game I went straight for the mods and Genesis far surpasses any expectation I could have had. I enjoy this mod greatly.

From my experiance with this mod though I have noticed a lack in documentation as I've been playing. I have seen recently that its all been updated and the correct recipe lists have been added. With the modloader updated I have noticed a new material. Meteoric. I dont know if its only on my game but its not called Meteoric Steel, or Meteoric iron, it is just meteoric. So this leads to the question of where does this material fit in the grand scheme of things? Is this a superior blunt weapon material or a sharp material? Is it harder then iron? then steel? Most games i've seen it it is Meteoric Steel. I have looked in the documentation as well as the genesis wiki, I may just be blind, deaf, dumb and/or stupid but I cannot find any info on this material whatsoever. The only place I haven't looked is the raws and I must be honest, I have a splitting headache and looking at all that info is going to drive me into insanity.

any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks again Deon for the wonderful mod. Also played your mod on Cataclysm until i became outdated. You do fine work sir.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I think it may be named meteoric iron, but its adjective is meteoric.

So you make a meteoric sword out of meteoric iron.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

meteoric is almost steel grade. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mrchace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

More testing, more issues.

You blast furnace has this reaction:

[REACTION:STEEL_MAKING_BATCH]
[NAME:batch of steel bars from ore]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:A:6:METAL_ORE:PURE_IRON]
[REAGENT:B:3:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

It takes 6 ores of pure_iron. But it does not matter how much pure_iron is in the ore. It might take 6 hematite, and uses the same amount as 6 iron bars, or it might take 6 tetrahide, and use as much as 3 iron bars.

Point is: It does not matter how much pure_iron is in the ore, even 1% would be ok. In the end you always get 6 steel bars out of it, even if you should get a lot less.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Isn't tetrahedrite an ore of copper/silver? The only iron ores have 100% chance of giving a bar of iron.

Unless there are any new ones. Haven't played Fortress mode with Genesis in a while.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Goethite is a 50%, IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 642