Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229000 times)

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i am trying to download this mod because it seems very fun but i just get a strange video file every time. im not sure what to do

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just so you know I have updated the version of the tileset you are using, so you might want to update that in the next version if you haven't.
Thanks you!

i am trying to download this mod because it seems very fun but i just get a strange video file every time. im not sure what to do
*.rar is not a video file.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Deon- Thats what my computer thinks it is. im quite baffled

edit- I think i got it worked out
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:56:39 am by obradenj »

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile

I was just interested - is there any way to return old ASCII graphics in Modloader version? I am kinda get used to it and don't see anything, then I turn on included tilesets...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:43:43 pm by Dark Archon »
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried this mod in adventure mode and was very sad to learn that with hostile races your own civilization will refuse to talk to you and will attack you.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

I found hematite, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the hematite ore out of the hematite crystals or whatever they are. Smelter doesn't work.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found hematite, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the hematite ore out of the hematite crystals or whatever they are. Smelter doesn't work.

No offense, but if you can't figure that out, do you really think you should be playing a mod?  ^ ^

Also:  You need fuel.  Either make charcoal in a wood furnace or make coke out of coal or lignite at the smelter.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a really aggravating problem with this mod. whenever I try to play fortress mode, instead of dwarves being the playable race, it's always keepers! what am i doing wrong, if anything?

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a really aggravating problem with this mod. whenever I try to play fortress mode, instead of dwarves being the playable race, it's always keepers! what am i doing wrong, if anything?
I think I found the problem. every single entity in the entire game is now a playable race, with their own civilizations, including forgotten beasts, dragons, and the like, and dwarves got bumped out of worldgen because of all the races, somehow.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do as I suggest every time this question rises in the thread: make a clean unpack of the mod. Do not ever try to put it on an existing DF version too.

I was just interested - is there any way to return old ASCII graphics in Modloader version? I am kinda get used to it and don't see anything, then I turn on included tilesets...
Just switch to ASCII mode, after that close the modloader/game and navigate to ../dwarf fortress/data/art/ and replace the tileset.png there with the one you want.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

No offense, but if you can't figure that out, do you really think you should be playing a mod?  ^ ^

Also:  You need fuel.  Either make charcoal in a wood furnace or make coke out of coal or lignite at the smelter.

You shut your whore mouth when billy mays is talking.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, when is the next version coming? I'm quite eager to test my new computer with it... :)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I think I found the problem. every single entity in the entire game is now a playable race, with their own civilizations, including forgotten beasts, dragons, and the like, and dwarves got bumped out of worldgen because of all the races, somehow.

Well, all those are playable in ADVENTURER, but I'm not so sure about dorf mode >_>

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nah, he just had some duplicate error due to a wrong setup.

So, when is the next version coming? I'm quite eager to test my new computer with it... :)
Probably tomorrow, today I am A BIT busy :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably tomorrow, today I am A BIT busy :).

Fine for me :)

Until then, I'm back to designing my best fort ever- shameless quantum stockpiling and atomsmashing to save FPS, and thus me being able to turn weather and temperature on... at long last, my experimentation with magma death traps is at hand :D :D :D

Also, will GRAZER tokens stay disabled? At least I suppose the   --GRAZER:1000] line in sheep (as of 3.26) -and probably all other creatures as nothing died to starvation in my latest fort- does that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:39:52 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 642