Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229310 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is fine. Their bowmen can't hit the broad side of a barn.

build a wooden barn with all your animals in it, then post your marksdwarves on the second floor, just for added insult.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is fine. Their bowmen can't hit the broad side of a barn.

build a wooden barn with all your animals in it, then post your marksdwarves on the second floor, just for added insult.

Don't underestimate them. I thought them boring so I added two tiny tokens... [ITEM_THIEF], [AMBUSHER]. I was in the middle of luring a demon siege in a trap tunnel+squisher bridge setup (that used my fortress itself as bait, my mistake) when I got zoomed into my main stairway- An ambush, curse them! They came right through the traps and locked doors without anyone noticing until they were in the middle of my civilians. They ended up killing a good 15 of my 80 dwarves, with about as many of their own. Although there were cases when unarmed civilians killed a few of them before the professional army arrived...

Still, not bad from a bunch of furballs wearing nothing but their weapons and shields.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I sent you a PM with some reaction concerning your buildings and mechanixs buildings.

EDIT: About the announcement settings you were looking for:
Check data/init/announcements.txt and look for these lines:
[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R]

They handly to pause on warm and damp stone. Change them to whatever you want, you have enought templates in that file ;) Mining will be a lot more dangerous without those... aquifers would have no warning, and kill fortresses without mercy ;)

Also, just for fun:

Sausages:
Add this to the animal parts you want in your sausages:
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GROUND_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GROUND_MEAT]

Add to entity:
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SAUSAGE]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:GRIND_MEAT]

reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

material template:

inorganic:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:40:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just please add milled spice and optionally, barrelled blood to the list of ingredients, okay?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I will add unraveler, block factory and some other workshops for the next release. Also I will add specific milling (flour/dye etc) to the quern, and a few new alloys. The release should be out in a day or two (this weekend).
Yay, finally getting the "enemies clothes to thread" capability.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sent you a PM with some reaction concerning your buildings and mechanixs buildings.

EDIT: About the announcement settings you were looking for:
Check data/init/announcements.txt and look for these lines:
[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R]

They handly to pause on warm and damp stone. Change them to whatever you want, you have enought templates in that file ;) Mining will be a lot more dangerous without those... aquifers would have no warning, and kill fortresses without mercy ;)

Actually, that's not true.. the miners still cancel the dig, you just don't get a pause and zoom from it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nice, didnt knew that. I thought they would dig through, without warning. See getting an anouncement , but removing the zoom and the pause would b a good idea. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Erm does there happen to be a zip file download for it?

Batyzero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So, this is probably a silly question but i'm relatively new to the game so please bear with me.

Are dragons not catchable with cage traps in Genesis?
The wiki for vanilla DF says they are affected by cage traps, so I was very excited when one attacked my fort.

But it just walked over my traps and killed thirty dwarves and most of my defenses, so is this a Genesis thing or am I just missing something? :\

Edit:It was a Red Dragon to be Specific, I forgot that Genesis introduced new types
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:05:14 pm by Batyzero »

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah Batyzero. The dragons have the [TRAPAVOID] token.

Dokkir

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the earth, in the name of !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

So Deon, how exactly is Human Fortress played? I've been wondering this for far too long, as I am mentally insane.

IronCodpiece

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So, this is probably a silly question but i'm relatively new to the game so please bear with me.

Are dragons not catchable with cage traps in Genesis?
The wiki for vanilla DF says they are affected by cage traps, so I was very excited when one attacked my fort.

But it just walked over my traps and killed thirty dwarves and most of my defenses, so is this a Genesis thing or am I just missing something? :\

Edit:It was a Red Dragon to be Specific, I forgot that Genesis introduced new types

Aye, Baty.  If you read the wiki thoroughly you will find that dragons were never able to be caught in a cage trap this version, unless a giant cave spider had covered it in webs.  The web makes any creature "unsconscious" for a moment so even megabeasts with trapavoid can be caught.  Not sure if this can still be done in Genesis, as the GCS has been replaced.
Needs alcohol to get through the work day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, are there any fixes for the old 'everything requires only 1 metal bar to make' bug? I read somewhere around here about a fix, but there was some Legacy/SDL confusion stuff mentioned about it so I don't know if it'd work in Genesis...

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, not sure if you already know about it but I was just looking at creature_genesis_beast.txt again and I noticed that the dragons have these tokens showing as --CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] and --USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE].

Edit: actually the green dragon is showing as --CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM--
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:45:41 pm by smokebubble »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, are there any fixes for the old 'everything requires only 1 metal bar to make' bug? I read somewhere around here about a fix, but there was some Legacy/SDL confusion stuff mentioned about it so I don't know if it'd work in Genesis...

In DF Genesis MLR4 3.29, breastplates are using two bars to make.  I think everything else I've made so far has used 1, but I haven't made everything possible, and I haven't paid full attention.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 642