Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230318 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

@ Deon; why dont you sig the link to wasteland? Seems a good idea to bump the thread a bit...
Because I will start a new thread for the Wasteland 2.0.

Ashnal, I don't want bookmaking to be TOO complicated for a couple of reasons. I see what you mean, and I will find another important application for wood soon (if not for rocktip bolts).

The mod has a .chm readme inside which is more or less accurate regarding workshops and reactions. Also check the second post of this thread. I will release a new version tonight so wait for that.

Okay thank you! Will this version already support Ironhand? I'm really used to a tileset (phoebus at this time) and I wouldn't be able to see what things are in ASCII I fear. Is something wrong with the version before, or is it good to get a first impression?

Thanks again! Impressionating project!
Of course it will have Ironhand and Phoebus (I should release it in a few hours). The current version just has some problems (i.e. buffalo males not having [MALE] token which is easy to fix), it's mostly additions so you can try the current one to see what's going on (or try adventure crafting).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.26 ϟ] - new demons, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #8596 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:59 am »

* Fixed a few typos and small bugs (like buffalo gender).
* Animated armor now appears on evil battelfields too (grassland, savanna, shrubland), so you should see it more often.
* New demons by Naryar, tiles by Deon. Bebilith, obsidian colossus, hell hound, nightmare, strige, frost wraith, devilkin.
* New meteorite ore, found in soil and sedimentary layers. Can be smelt into meteoric metal (steel grade).
* Finally the return of the threats mod: now threats and "I have no family" phrases for adventure mode are greatly expanded (again, I kept forgetting about it for a lot of versions).
* Golems and elementals are spread around cave levels a bit better.

I will tweak elementals a bit before making them buyable pets, otherwise it's too easy to start with 2-3 and kill everything on embark.
Magma shrimps are not fish-able, dwarves do not recognize magma as a fishing source :(. I will see if there's possible to do something about that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:36 am »

Okay great, great! One last question and I'm good to go:

I'm a lazy newb pack user, I like having those utilities prepared, and I'm using a modified version of the pack that makes usage of certain utilities a bit more easy. I'm wondering, will it work when copy right into that lazy newb pack folder and just overwrite all files with those from your mod? Is there anything else I need to do than to extract it into that already existing dwarf fortress subfolder?

Thanks! Oh, and thanks for phoebus! I would have tried Ironhand, but I just love phoebus ^_^
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:08 am »

It won't work because LNP is coded to work with vanilla files which are not present in the mod. Which utilities do you want? I can tell you how to use them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:51 am »

Magma shrimps are not fish-able, dwarves do not recognize magma as a fishing source :(. I will see if there's possible to do something about that.

I remember someone fishing something out of a volcano by flooding it with water. Would it be possible to use the same principle to fish them shrimps?

Actually, that would take a lot of effort just to fish magma food. But it is indeed very dwarfy.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:39 am »

I've been thinking, and was wondering if you'd room for some new megabeasts that are sort of (But not quite) elementals (More associated with biomes, and made from the materials most commonly found in their respective biomes. So one in a forest would be made of wood and plant material, and maybe a bit of earth, a mountain one would be made of different stones, a desert would be made of sand and stone, etc.) I'd have to go scrounging around for the raws, though.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: January 05, 2012, 12:35:02 pm »

It won't work because LNP is coded to work with vanilla files which are not present in the mod. Which utilities do you want? I can tell you how to use them.

Okay great, thanks for your help. Here the small list:

- Soundsense: I suppose it works like always, just have to specify the patch to gamelog.txt?
- Runesmith: To get my Mayor in shape. I want him to be as weak as possibly, while being very versed in social skills. Basically, an old diplomat that tends to break when he's looked at. Really important to me! Esspecially to lower his attributes like agility, strenght etc. He must be fragile^^ (yes, I'm a bit crazy on that part). Also used to adjust other nobles when I want something close to a story.
-- DFHack: I have the different options for DFHack listed as utilities, I just run the utility and it does it's job. I don't know how to use or install DFHack on it's own, or how to link it etc. What I use from it:
- DFHack-Cleanowned: How to clean ownership of items, in case I get some armor-assignment-bugs.
- DFHack-Cleanmap: To clean those tons of blood after multiple Christmas years, since dwarf don't do it.
- From time to time I also used the 'reveal', 'prospector' and 'autodump' functions. But those should be similar to handle I guess? Anyways, not having those last 3 isn't such a problem :)

Again, thanks! :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:53:45 pm by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8602 on: January 05, 2012, 02:06:04 pm »

About the magma fishing:

A custom workshop that [NEEDS_MAGMA]. Reaction would be called: fishing, ingredient would be some magma safe fishing pole (or whatever) and then you have a XX% chance of catching a magma creatue, the product. Laborskill and token would be fishing of course.

Not as authentic as normal fishing with magma instead of water, but it would work in a way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: January 05, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

I'm reading the manual and got to the farming section. What does those numbers in parenthesis mean for the plants?

Agave bush (2)
Amaranth grain (3)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: January 05, 2012, 02:16:46 pm »

So I trust you didn't found the other demons to fit Genesis's D&Dish monster style ? Fair enough i guess.

I'm going to have a look at my demon's tiles right now :D

also, hooray for not posting since forever.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:20:01 pm by Naryar »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: January 05, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »

I haven't checked others yet, that's why they are not included, but the included ones had some real errors so I had to rework them a bit :).

Molay, those are material values.

Meph, nice idea :).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:20:42 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »

Okay thanks, just finished reading and I'm going to start now. I'm really exited about the dwarven castes! That was a genuine idea. Really love that aspect :) Wish me luck, as far as I got to understand, I'll need it :D

What settings for map generation do you suggest? Does it work fine with frequent minerals, or does that cause some odd behavior and make certain ore/stone types go extinct because being replaced by others?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: January 05, 2012, 02:46:52 pm »

Nah, I had no problems with mediocre-high mineral scarcity.

Also I suggest to use Dwarf Therapist to manage your fortress, and get the special tweak for Genesis for it to display castes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: January 05, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »

Suppose 3.26 isent save compatible with .25 or am i lucky and it is?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »

hey Deon. good news.

the current ironhand version isn't too dark! did you mess with it or something?
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 642