Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230311 times)

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I read a few things about a Phoebus version...can't wait to see that. I'll definitely try your mod then, been looking forward to for a while.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

If you are afraid of FB syndromes, send small squads of steel clan/deep clan dwarves after them; they are immune.

The update will be out soon. I've added a few new hell monsters (courtesy of Naryar) including obsidian colossus, giant hell spider (bebilith), spirit of fire, nightmare, hellhound and a few others. Also I've fixed buffalos and added new meteorite ore which rarely spawns in soils or sedimentary layers as a cluster, and provides a steel-grade meteoric metal.

Looking nice, I must say. What's the difference between standard steel and meteoric metal?

Also, is there any chance that you could add hell flora of some kind? Or a mass of necrosis-inducing rot worms that zerg rush into a dwarf (very large cluster size)?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ok, I've made Phoebus, now it's time to add and tweak a few more things. Hell flora? Sounds awesome :). Also, earth and rock elementals move one level up (they were all in caves 3 with gem golems) and become dwarven (expensive) pets, blood elementals move up too but are not tameable. And animated armor is now in any evil field (consider them reanimated armors of fallen soldiers).

There are now infernal shrimps in magma which you can fish, and magma carp who spew fireballs, so magma pools are a bit more dangerous (but infernal shrimps are a very expensive food).

Meteoric iron is like steel, it's just a way to provide a random good metal to embarks in case you don't have access to caves for whatever reasons (roleplay, aquifier, w/e).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:20:44 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha dear god fishing in magma now.... also i just now found out that all those skeletons i have can never be broken into usable bones is there a way to fix this? I'd love a cremate skeleton feature or something similar--has anyone tried dropping the skeleton from a height?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I have a few ideas for this Hell flora thing I just suggested. It would be nice to see some kind of treant creature that dropped "hellwood" upon death or butchering or something.

You know, high-class wooden logs for high class nobles (which are going to die anyway.).

This creature would be less of a treant, and more of a thicker Triffid with tentacle-y appendages, filled to the brim with necrosis inducing syndromes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what we were going for: no uber military and trap-resistant enemies :P. Maybe with time  we've got a bit too far... But still Steel Dwarves with high skill and in proper gear kill anything.

Fewers are not from mod, they are vanilla and cannot be modded.

for the most part, stone dwarves, steel dwarves, and a hell of a lot of training (both in the barracks and on goblin ambushes) crush anything. only dwarves that don't do well in the military are domple dwarves....

however yes the enemies are getting a little ridiculous, wouldn't be that bad if not combined with the fact that everything in DF is already godlike undying. i mean only thing that kills anymore is severe organ damage, or a head shot.

and to the guy who was complaining about his military dying, get them some red steel, lots of it, with plenty of candy.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also deon. my favorite part of your mod is the pig iron/iron method of making steel. no longer do i have to embark 30 times just to find a place that actually has flux stone despite the lying site finder.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! I've played in vanilla for a long time now and was looking forward to trying some mods, and genesis appears to be very popular. Also I was looking for a challenge. But despite having played a lot, I'm still that type of person who reads the wiki relatively often. I like to know everything, all the details and so forth.

So I was wondering, is there any adequate, exhaustive information for this mod? I took a shot at the genesis wiki, but it doesn't seem to have much information overall. All those workshops, new creatures, etc... Can I read on them? Or do I just have to die an awful lot of times to learn what they are?

Thanks!
Molay
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The mod has a .chm readme inside which is more or less accurate regarding workshops and reactions. Also check the second post of this thread. I will release a new version tonight so wait for that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

for the most part, stone dwarves, steel dwarves, and a hell of a lot of training (both in the barracks and on goblin ambushes) crush anything. only dwarves that don't do well in the military are domple dwarves....
You forget shield clan dwarves. They train quite fast :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to add drills and mechas, and let the mechs have the ability to equip the drills, also pointy orange sunglasses are needed (just saying it would make it fifty time cooler and make a lot of spiral power)
(you don't need to add them,just a suggestion, drill dwarves could be living mining picks)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that pretty much all of my wood goes to making charcoal in genesis, since I can make most of the things I need from stone at the stonecutter or furniture workshop. So, in order to balance this excess of wood, I propose that dwarven bookmaking require not only leather, but wood in the for of paper. To keep it simple, add a screw press reaction that can press wood logs directly into paper (because dwarven technology is that awesome) , and require paper to make vellums at the tanner's (I think book making should be moved to the scriptorium, perhaps having the tome writing reaction include the bookmaking as well).

Any fort with a decent sized active library will now need plenty of leather AND wood to support it.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod has a .chm readme inside which is more or less accurate regarding workshops and reactions. Also check the second post of this thread. I will release a new version tonight so wait for that.

Okay thank you! Will this version already support Ironhand? I'm really used to a tileset (phoebus at this time) and I wouldn't be able to see what things are in ASCII I fear. Is something wrong with the version before, or is it good to get a first impression?

Thanks again! Impressionating project!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that pretty much all of my wood goes to making charcoal in genesis, since I can make most of the things I need from stone at the stonecutter or furniture workshop. So, in order to balance this excess of wood, I propose that dwarven bookmaking require not only leather, but wood in the for of paper. To keep it simple, add a screw press reaction that can press wood logs directly into paper (because dwarven technology is that awesome) , and require paper to make vellums at the tanner's (I think book making should be moved to the scriptorium, perhaps having the tome writing reaction include the bookmaking as well).

Any fort with a decent sized active library will now need plenty of leather AND wood to support it.

You just gotta resist it--its tempting i know but its easy to switch to an all wood economy.

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Deon; why dont you sig the link to wasteland? Seems a good idea to bump the thread a bit...
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 642