Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232543 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25f ] - ASCII "benign-normal" update
« Reply #7800 on: August 30, 2011, 07:49:53 am »

I would appreciate a feedback on the latest version, because that is what I am working with.

I will look into the fireball issue, but not immediately. The whole "magic" is cheesy and a huge workaround.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25e ϟ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7801 on: August 30, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »

I'm focusing on creatures now.

>> DOWNLOAD <<

Genesis 3.25f - "benign-normal" release.
* Creatures from benign-normal regions were reorganized:
- Benign-normal creatures' descriptions tell their size and body type/stance (bipedal, quadruped etc.) for better understanding of relative sizes.
- Ferrets now appear in the wild and are called "polecats".
- Sheep now appear in the wild.
- Llamas and alpacas now appear in the wild (mountains).
- Water buffalo is now just "buffalo" and appears in more places (I didn't want to be too specific with buffalo types, but I want ezrakim elves to have large bovine skulls with curved horns :P).
- Guineafowls now appear in the wild.
- In addition to Tomi's "marsh owl" added a common "owl", forests and shrubland need a night bird variant too.
- Some birds are no longer benign, to populate normal-normal areas with more birds.
- Most of apes are no longer benign.
- Added herons and storks.
- Macaques are now benign.

* Werewolves are now "beastmen", they settle the savage forests now (they were living in benign forests before).

Anyway, I've realized that there's too many benign-normal and normal-normal creatures. There's almost no good-savage, benign-evil etc. creature variants, which calls for a huge creature update.

I will reorganize the existing creatures first (I will release updates in bunches, with each area reorganized (normal-normal next)),

In preparation for the next release where vampires and werewolves will be added to the game mechanic and could be applied to any creature, the werewolves' race is now called "beastmen".

I'm not sure if you are interested Deon, but I have written a Python program that reads a CSV file which I generate from my excel file, to create creatures. I find it's easier to type information into an excel file, currently my program reads biomes, cluster size, population number, litter size, age, body size (3 different ones), viewrange, value, prefstring, description, colors, and finally what template I want them to be. Then I have several templates made up that the animals can follow (for instance 3 feline templates, a canine template, bear template, bird of pray template, normal bird template, etc...). Then I just hit run and walla 300 creatures made in seconds. Wouldn't be hard to have it register the [BENIGN] [SAVAGE], etc tags as well.

I'm also about ready to give the communty my first release of the creatures I have done. Almost done with all the mammals in the carnivora order, and have a good amount of the other orders of mammals done. Going to work on the 9000+ species of birds next.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Errr... Deon, in version E, skin can be shattered.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Which level of skin?

@Roses: I find it easier to type in the raw files. This way I can organize the tokens as I want and it's easier to avoid errors and what is more important to add comments.

Still I would love to check your program :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which level of skin?

@Roses: I find it easier to type in the raw files. This way I can organize the tokens as I want and it's easier to avoid errors and what is more important to add comments.

Still I would love to check your program :).
In your most current dev version, 3.25f i believe, level 1 skin (thin skin, suede), is fractured when damaged.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:i've kicked the poor owl for a bit longer and it appears the skin can be chipped, too.

also, wounds leave dents on thin skin, not scars.

EDIT: level 4 skin is damaged like hard, brittle tissue too, although idk if that's intended:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:00:48 am by nanomage »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25f ] - ASCII "benign-normal" update
« Reply #7805 on: August 31, 2011, 06:25:43 am »

Ah yeah, that's a hardcoded behavior, the description of damage depends on relative values of hardness and elasticity, I will fix it, thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25e ϟ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7806 on: August 31, 2011, 08:12:25 am »

Genesis was pretty much entirely responsible for me getting in to modding, mostly because I love pretty much all of the added content. So, yeah, thanks a lot Deon and TomiTapio.
Cheers, Trees!
Here are some werewolves plotting their next attack. http://lhuin.deviantart.com/art/December-254214142

Was experimenting with elves again, casting fireball arrows and shooting em off. Every enemy had parts exploding in blood mist/clouds but survived, even a shot to the head but not hitting the brain. How. Is. That. Possible?!
Flesh creatures only die of blood loss, brain removed, or lowerbody cut off (mega bleeding there too). If your shot hits them in the jaw or ear, they should survive.
Maybe DF makes blood mist from small blood amounts too. Hmm that's a good monster name, "Blood mist".

Right, there's one tiny to-do on my list: have all skulls use a tougher bone material than usual. Or relative thickness of head's bones up.

EDIT: level 4 skin is damaged like hard, brittle tissue too, although idk if that's intended:
Mythskin (4) is little better than copper, and "divine skin/deephide" (5) is tiny bit better than iron.

(sends his to-do list to Deon)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:14:05 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Still, iron swords cut through deephide just fine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not too sure this is the right place but I'm having issues with bone gauntlets.

I crafted "Dragon Raptor Tough Bone Gauntlet" (two of them were made) but I cannot wear them. (any kind of bone gauntlet I make gives the same result).

I have mittens on but even if I take them off I can't equip the gauntlets. Every other item I have made so far was fine (6 dragonscale cloaks thanks to an ambush from 3 dragon raptors, nice)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That was asked a lot of times and it's a general problem with gauntlets: they should be right/left, but reactions cannot make it :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Not too sure this is the right place but I'm having issues with bone gauntlets.
Reactions cannot make left-hand and right-hand armor: You cannot wear reaction-made gauntlets, this is a known bug and has been there for a long time.

Still, iron swords cut through deephide just fine.
Well, we better make the deephide numbers 10% better then, or command that the relative thickness of dragon skin be higher. Maybe both.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:56:31 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

deon, what do you need, because if you ever need any ideas for anything, just name the type of thing and i will come up with several options, but truthfully deon, you are a god at the table with toad, and armok,

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25g ϟ]
« Reply #7812 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:56 am »

That's a bit too much praise :). If you invent new and cool ideas, it would be awesome.

I'm in a hurry now, so there's another update.

3.25g ASCII

>> DOWNLOAD <<

- GLOBAL rework and reorganization of creatures: they are now sorted in appropriately named files (by evilness and savagery).
- Apes no longer have tails.
- More Size/type additions to descriptions.
- Added coyotes and hyenas.
- Some creatures got additional sounds.
- Fixed "fracturing" skin.
- Changed color palette.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:48:08 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25g ϟ] - ASCII, more creature updates
« Reply #7813 on: September 01, 2011, 04:41:22 pm »

Everytime i start it it automatically crashes. All i do is extract it from the rar and start dwarf fortress exe in the folder and it crashes

This is Phoebus version.

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25g ϟ] - ASCII, more creature updates
« Reply #7814 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:45 pm »

deon, what do you need! since i have no idea what you want, im going to find you some mythological cool metals, artifact weapons, and possable megabeasts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mythological_objects#Belts

this is a list of all mythological objects, however i think it would be cool if some where only obtainable from specific megabeasts.(the harder the megabeast, the better the reward)
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 642