Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232495 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25d ϟ] - I'm back, dudes :D
« Reply #7770 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:11 am »

You don't actually gather wood from trees, sorry for spoiling it. But you just spawn it with a few attempts. Currently there's no way to gather plants :(.

If it may, could you please post the link to that?  :)

Found a bug(?) below:

I have a Sylvan Elf adventurer with supersylvan strength.
Turned my combat preferences to Close Combat (wrestling) to train it up on a wounded Dusk Elf bandit. (Wounded by jabbing my bow, acts just like Tomi's bayonet but the name changed and a tiny bit of editing to make a difference.)
After some turns, I break mostly all appendages and grab hold of her lower left leg. Then throw her.
This happened, I thought the fact of being fly-weight was removed? Don't mod it out, I love this. From Dabbling Wrestler to an Adept. And from that to legendary on the rest (who sadly did not fly no matter how many throws I performed.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's about three whole screens to the Northwest...

P.S. I love the image change when you get to Legendary in a skill, +Red Headband and martial look.

On another note, When you gather wood from any tree, you get pine logs.
Wow! How did you do it! I was never able to throw a creature of my size at all :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25d ] - I'm back, dudes :D
« Reply #7771 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:13 am »

I am not at home (working). I will return tomorrow. I will tweak animal populations a bit and upload the 3.26 then.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Quick question, did you test them for having sieges\ambushes?
Id played first fort for 4 (!!) years not having a thing except random snatchers\thiefs
Nope, no testing. I did put worse odds (smaller populations) on the weres & flayers, hoping that in half the worlds the flayers would die off in history. You need high wealth and population to get maximum chance of sieges.

Small question on the raws, how do I replace (patch?) my old Genesis raws (before all the new stuff) with the new ones? And if I get the seed of the world created and re-use it, do I get the same world? Or do I have to download the new release and generate a new one?
Roll a new world. With same seeds will get similar world, but world history's battles may have different outcomes due to new thin-skin. And a village of poor people having only cat leather "armor" instead of cow leather armor.

Deon: here is my latest invention, a tower-cap farm plot (5x5 workshop). Still needs tiles choosing. It is tested, does make new tower-cap logs. Since there are no tree seeds, one inserts two tower-cap logs to farm tower-caps. Please roleplay and don't build them outdoors. Still might be too fast wood growing at "2 in, 2.1 out".
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:11:26 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: August 28, 2011, 02:43:56 pm »

Sorry, but I question the existance of such wokshop in the mod. It's quite a bad gameplay "design" (spawning of logs) and you can already mud any underground soil to get a REAL tree farm.

What was the reasoning of your invention?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: August 28, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

Thought it would be fun to have dorfs working hard at their mushrooms, having 2x10 towercap farms in a 11x60 area. It won't be unbalanced if the wood creation rate is low enough. Little bit too much planting skill gain though.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »

@Deon: I have no idea how that happened, it just auto-attacked and flung the poor bandit. I did the leg lock adjustment though. It looks like it made itself work out. I tried the same on a surviving swordsman, didn't fly at all when I threw em.

Also, how do I check the size of creatures in Genesis? Does that have to do with wrestling/throwing? Bronze Colossuses throw things well...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: August 29, 2011, 03:22:37 am »

You can't check the size in the game. I actually plan to rework descriptions: add size info and stuff like "flying", it will make them more useful.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: August 29, 2011, 05:55:19 am »

As I promised, the W.I.P. "ASCII" version.

>> DOWNLOAD <<

Changelog:
- 3.25e (development version)
- Most of TomiTapio's tweaks and additions included (just no carpets, once I had a whole village wearing carpets :P).
- Different animals now have different leather (suede, leather, hide, mythskin, deephide), a great work made by TomiTapio.
- More of Genesis-added items are included in the dwarven entity profile.
- Changes to Altar of War (actually useful now), new toys and other minor items etc, all by TomiTapio.
- Added a stab attack to a crossbow, they have bayonets now (TomiTapio).
- Sylvans now use longbows instead of bows (TomiTapio).
- Underground illithids were removed (they were not spawning anyway).
- Adamantine and mythril are less valuable (TomiTapio).
- Most of metals can be used to make ammo (TomiTapio).
- Almost finished the orc language file (aka japanese).
- Cloak no longer covers head, better leg coverage; a new item: cape, like an old cloak.
- Removed "fiber" adjective, so now "cotton fiber shirt" is named "cotton shirt".
- Chitin material is now called "raw chitin", and tanned chitin is called "chitin", so you won't have "scorpion treated chitin leggings" (just "scorpion chitin leggings" now).
- Brain material is "brain tissue" now, so you don't damage "brain's brain", but "brain's brain tissue" now.
- Major plants' raws reorganization and tweaks.
- Subterranean seeds = spores; aboveground seeds = seeds.
- All subterranean plants now grow in any season (the subterranean light level/temperature do not change).
- The plants are now sorted alphabetically.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: August 29, 2011, 07:22:22 am »

You can't check the size in the game. I actually plan to rework descriptions: add size info and stuff like "flying", it will make them more useful.
I have a lot of "cat-sized" "dog-sized" "horse-sized" and "as heavy as 2 dwarves" "as heavy as two malnourished elephants"  in the descriptions.
Glad to have you working again on the Genesis project!
Should we have more reference to the fleequick/pronetorage params in the descs?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25e ϟ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7779 on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:45 am »

I am fine with the current descriptions; right now I add (Size: 15, flier) etc. to the beginning of each description, kinda like the current caste descriptions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: August 29, 2011, 09:26:11 am »

Small question: Since most armor is generally a one fit for Elves, Humans and Dwarves. Are all those humanoid races nearly the same size? I'm testing the flying syndrome with Sylvans as my tester, I'm seeing lines of red and bodies slamming against walls as a result. Illithids, Other elves, Keepers/Nords...

And I think I've found a bug(?). You pick up a stack of water(x) or blood(x) and auto-pack it in your backpack. Then you want to drop it, you drop everything in that backpack too, with no control on it. Is this a Genesis only bug or Vanilla one?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:39 am »

The civilized humanoids are of the same size, it's my own decision (and I guess it's fine because elves are taller and thinner, while dwarves are wider and shorter, and humans are in between; so the medium size should be about the same) to allow dwarves to use other races' armor (otherwise it's just junk) and for adventure mode crafting/looting as well.

The second one is a vanilla bug, a mod cannot change such thing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: August 29, 2011, 11:14:28 am »

@Deon

I'm glad to see you're implementing all year round underground plant growth.  Great minds think alike...

I have a couple questions about rocktip bolts...

When I use the Manager Screen to queue up a stack of rocktip bolts, I"m finding that my guys are making half rocktip arrows and half rocktip bolts.  Have you ever seen that happen?  I noticed that the item_weapons_genesis raw has a listing for "TIP" arrows and bolts...so I changed that to ROCKTIP and I'm still having the same issue. (I have yet to generate a new world and try that though.  I'm planning on doing that today.)

Also, during the rocktip reaction, if you have the product take it's material from the STONE Reagent, then your dworfs won't store them in the ammo stockpiles.  They will just sit there on the floor of the Grinder, err StoneCutter's Workshop.  However, if you have it take its material from the WOOD Reagent, they will be stockpiled normally.  Unless...do you know some secret about stone bolt stockpiling that I don't know?

Mechanixm
*edited for typos*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:17:32 am by Mechanixm »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: August 29, 2011, 11:52:55 am »

- All subterranean plants now grow in any season (the subterranean light level/temperature do not change).

Sure it does. The deeper you go the warmer it gets. I'm just not sure how you'd "fake it" with the current DF.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: August 29, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »

Sure it does. The deeper you go the warmer it gets. I'm just not sure how you'd "fake it" with the current DF.

It has been my experience in RL spelunking that the underground ambient temperature hovers around 50-65 degrees F. 

Supposing we transform that in to DF terms, we can safely argue that those temperatures could coincide with spring, which by default allow us to grow all variants of plants.

I didn't go deep enough to have the temperature rise due to magma though.  But for the sake of posterity, I think that forbidding certain plants the ability to grow based on how close in Z levels you are to the magma see, would be rather tedious.  E.G.  One season all year round baby.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:23:42 pm by Mechanixm »
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 642