Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232482 times)

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that you can't use breath attacks in adventure mode but you can make a fire arrow and you can throw that at enemys.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

a simple suggestion but...how about Sphinx's as mega beasts?  I notice you have many different mythologys implemented but you don't seem to be using egyption mythology.  Also, how about scarabs, mummies, etc.?  Just a thought^^
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why isn't there a readme in the download? :(

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, there needs to be a txt file that details this mess. I'm really confused and the wiki doesn't help and is lacking a lot of things.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why isn't there a readme in the download? :(

there is unless your using TT's Version i think

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

a simple suggestion but...how about Sphinx's as mega beasts?  I notice you have many different mythologys implemented but you don't seem to be using egyption mythology.  Also, how about scarabs, mummies, etc.?  Just a thought^^
Mummies are in and I thought about scarabs. A sphynx? Sounds cool :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Idea: Hows about a super rare caste centered on the Golem?

Its like a dwarf who has given himself so much to the earth that he lives in that even after death, he lives it out as the protector of it. (Military ++, Civilian - no.)

Just had this weird idea when thinking about "warriors of the stone."  :D

+ an Ironhand graphic dedicated to it maybe?

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to find any weapon/armor-making ore in a lot of the biomes I'm starting in. I've tried and it gives me a whole lot of errors including something about sharpening and melting...

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to find any weapon/armor-making ore in a lot of the biomes I'm starting in. I've tried and it gives me a whole lot of errors including something about sharpening and melting...

thats just vanilla DF you can go into World Files and change mineral scarcity the lower number the more minerals

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It includes regular rock too. I try making a rock shortsword and it says I need "sharpenable hard rock"... Whatever that is.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It includes regular rock too. I try making a rock shortsword and it says I need "sharpenable hard rock"... Whatever that is.

certain rocks not all rocks have the ability to be used as weapons but there crap last time i checked
If you look(k) and press enter on the rock it should say Sharp Weapons or something like that

roxxis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

i have two questions:

1. is the dragon raptor the most powerful creature you can bring with you at the start when you prepare for the journey carefully? of not what is?

2.  what controls what different types of creatures you can choose to bring? is it random? or is there a way to manipulate what creature is on the list when i prepare for my journey carefully?

sorry if my English is bad 

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2.  what controls what different types of creatures you can choose to bring? is it random? or is there a way to manipulate what creature is on the list when i prepare for my journey carefully?

Its were you embark if its god you get good creatures if its evil you get evil.
To find what animals come in a certain area in their raws they should have the tags either [GOOD] or [EVIL]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

It is Obsidian (volcanic glass) that the reaction wants. Same as in vanilla DF. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Obsidian

Genesis has rock spear and rock maul making at the stonecutter's workshop (which used to be called stonegrinder's)

1. is the dragon raptor the most powerful creature you can bring with you at the start when you prepare for the journey carefully? of not what is?
2. what controls what different types of creatures you can choose to bring? is it random? or is there a way to manipulate what creature is on the list when i prepare for my journey carefully?
1. it probably is. They have size, skills and speed.
2. adding [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC] should make any creature bringable. If I recall correctly.
Provided that your civ can use the good/evil animals.

Its were you embark if its god you get good creatures if its evil you get evil.
To find what animals come in a certain area in their raws they should have the tags either [GOOD] or [EVIL]
Civilizations (entities) have tags use_good_animals, use_evil_animals. So the goblins would only ride on evil beasts.

ps. my pc broke on Tuesday. Mainboard stopped talking properly to drives. Now using wife's gaming laptop for three days. Maybe on Monday we'll purchase a new 450 € (650 USD) desktop pc for me. Sad to see money flying away due to components breaking.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:19:36 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I guess I should ask permission here.
I'm maintaining a small Chinese community of DF players, meanwhile few fellows and I are localising/writing tutorials for new Chinese players.
And it kinda reaches the stage when many people feel vanilla DF is less hard to play, thus start to seek more challenge, somehow.
I played genesis mod extensively so I reckon I'd introduce it to my community.

So I want to ask permission from you, Deon, and TomiTapio, to repackage your mod/submod with(and only with) my hand-made Chinese manual for the mod and to distribute.
Is it okay?
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 642