Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232506 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sure, download TomiTapio's ASCII release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Maybe next week I'll merge Deon's changes to my ascii subrelease.

Ok i asked about the Domple Caste and got the answer from that but What is the Warrior cast and what is so good about them?
They learn combat skills 10-20% faster than stone dwarves, and are slightly less tough than stone caste. (Stone caste toughness causes them to be stiffer -- slightly worse at leveling dodging)

Is there any advantage to playing as a demon in adventure mode?  A majority of the other races have some advantages like multiple arms and such but they don't seem to have any.
Demons are large (200 kg), strong and speed 700 (instead of 900). In my editions.
But still a steel dwarf might be better, due to skill learning speed. A steel dwarf is like 2-3 times the power of Batman.

ps. want a zombie survival flashgame with lots of inventory? http://armorgames.com/play/12009/the-last-stand-union-city
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:26:03 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah I know that game :).

I've finally got my Genesis and my PC back, hehe. A bit stuck in coding tonight, I want to release another version of my Cataclysm mod tonight. My wife will go on a vacation in a few days so I will be all mine :P.

If any of your roguelike-lovers would come and provide a feedback and ideas for my Cataclysm mod, I would be most grateful.

Game thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87501.0
Mod: http://cataclysmff.zxq.net/SMF/index.php?topic=21.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile

Just got the mod.. looks great so far, but one thing is driving me aBsolutely nuts - the music.. I KNOW THIS MUSIC! But I can't place my finger on it! Where's it from? More specifically, the music in-game in dwarf mode.  *Twitch*

Edit: *Twitches more*

AHHH I KNOW IT! Its on the tip of mah tongue!

Crustypeanut cancels brainstorm: Too insane
Crustypeanut has gone stark raving mad!

Edit 2: *Twitches*

Its an old game.. one I played often.. this song brings back memories.. memories so blurry.. I CAN'T REMEMBER!

Edit 3: AHA!

Its from the Warcraft Music player! I KNEW IT! DAMNIT I KNEW IT! I played that thing so much while playing WoW.. *Twitches* 

P.S. I love your mod. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:54:35 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Just got the mod.. looks great so far, but one thing is driving me aBsolutely nuts - the music.. I KNOW THIS MUSIC! But I can't place my finger on it! Where's it from? More specifically, the music in-game in dwarf mode.  *Twitch*

Edit: *Twitches more*

AHHH I KNOW IT! Its on the tip of mah tongue!

Crustypeanut cancels brainstorm: Too insane
Crustypeanut has gone stark raving mad!

Edit 2: *Twitches*

Its an old game.. one I played often.. this song brings back memories.. memories so blurry.. I CAN'T REMEMBER!

Edit 3: AHA!

Its from the Warcraft Music player! I KNEW IT! DAMNIT I KNEW IT! I played that thing so much while playing WoW.. *Twitches* 

P.S. I love your mod.
Somehow I knew that music felt familiar.

Anyway the new additions to Genesis are great!. I'm using the one before they removed Illithids and werewolves but still, I love a mod that compiles all mods. With extras!

Bug (?): In an effort to drain and dam the brook I had, with water spilling overland and muddying it all, in some time (autumn, winter, spring. Frozen ice spilling out of pump -> Unfrozen overland water)

Then all dead bushes/tree saplings appeared as ASCII in Ironhand graphics (Giant red I's)

jeisler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just checking in here to see if there's any feedback on the Dwarf Therapist changes for Genesis.  (page 509 if anyone missed it and wants to try) ... it's had a small handful of downloads, so if anyone has had any trouble or anything, let me know.

I've run it quite a bit without any troubles, but I may just be lucky... or something.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wow, I missed it, thanks! I will put it in the OP.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is there any way to make a drill better than a pickaxe at mining? ???

numbertheo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It doesn't seem to have been stated elsewhere in the thread.  The problem with ironwood is due to the lack of [REACTION_CLASS:REFINE_WOOD] in [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:IRONWOOD_TEMPLATE].  Adding it should not require a regen.

Also, the tile for large pots in the ironhand version points to buckets (150) not pots (232) and orcs.PNG should be renamed orcs.png.

I see a bunch of other tile issues but I haven't had a chance to make sure they aren't my fault.  I'm playing on linux so I've got the standard ironhand version merged over a standard vanilla ironhand. 

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Delete please
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:59:17 am by toupz »

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I was curious about something. If I wanted to add just the Steel and Jade dwarves from this mod, what exactly would I need to cut and paste, and where exactly would I need to do it to? This is more or less my first time messing with the raws, so I dont want to accidentally turn my dwarves into some sort of skinless monstrosities with this by not knowing what I'm doing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

so I dont want to accidentally turn my dwarves into some sort of skinless monstrosities
Why not? It'll be FUN! :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It doesn't seem to have been stated elsewhere in the thread.  The problem with ironwood is due to the lack of [REACTION_CLASS:REFINE_WOOD] in [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:IRONWOOD_TEMPLATE].  Adding it should not require a regen.

Also, the tile for large pots in the ironhand version points to buckets (150) not pots (232) and orcs.PNG should be renamed orcs.png.

I see a bunch of other tile issues but I haven't had a chance to make sure they aren't my fault.  I'm playing on linux so I've got the standard ironhand version merged over a standard vanilla ironhand. 
Yeah, I keep forgetting that .png and .PNG is different for Linux. I will fix that.

Hey, I was curious about something. If I wanted to add just the Steel and Jade dwarves from this mod, what exactly would I need to cut and paste, and where exactly would I need to do it to? This is more or less my first time messing with the raws, so I dont want to accidentally turn my dwarves into some sort of skinless monstrosities with this by not knowing what I'm doing.
Copy-paste the caste definitions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you remove the caste from dwarfs and turn them back into vanilla?

Cropher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Okay, so i searched the forums, googled, looked into the genesis mod wiki, but I just cant find out how to do a breath attack in adventure mode.

When you play a Red Dragon, you can pull one of these off, right? I just don't get HOW. Can anyone help?
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 642