Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232485 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

i remember reading a post about "realistic" material input for production including workshops, id est carpenter's workshop needs saw n' ax, making a spear needs a wooden shaft and a metal tip etc.
Would be cool for me if workshop-building required toolkits, like "basic tannery kit" but since the basic workshops are hardcoded, can't have that. Except with Deon's "invention makes blueprints, blueprints make special workshop".
What if altars could be made of steel or gold only... And alchemy workshop construction required 20 gems.

I really would like "if zero skill, 90% chance of fail to make product". 'Cause now every dwarf knows how to do every job, except archery, combat, teaching, studenting, appraising and psychiatry (eg. consoling).
"We have no architect! Have to make many attempts to build this damn kiln!"

Code: [Select]
Morningstar of heavens ATTACK:BLUNT:60000:50000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:20000
Morningstar ATTACK:EDGE:10:500:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000
Spiked mace  ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000
What's the point of spiked mace existence? And why Morningstar of Heavens has got huge contact area (6000 times bigger than a normal morningstar lol) and blunt damage (will it cut limbs off with edge damage or something?)?
M.Of Heavens can only be gotten by sacrificing LOADS (50-200) of weapons on the altar of war. You can't make one when you feel like it. No idea how well it does in combat. It might as well be called Club of Thunderclouds.

Blunt attack goes through armor differently than edged. Looks like spiked mace's 2000-velocity is too high, should be same as mace's, assuming same shaft length.
Anyways they could be balanced by arena testing, but it's too much work (leather armor round, copper armor round, iron armor round...)

All Werewolves know how to swim.

of course not that realistic. it's about realistic input materials, not components.
i was not clear enough on the spear. I meant it needed a wooden shaft and a metal tip, so we choose a wooden log and a metal bar upon ordering such production. or we leave the choice to our beloved dwarves.
Alas, the finished product must be made of one material only, barring decorations. Thus all sorts of glue+paper+leather+bone+wood body armors are made of... "dorfy composite material" which needs to be modded in advance.
One could have more spear sizes, with almost the same attack numbers but different [SIZE:400] [MATERIAL_SIZE:3].
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:28:08 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas, the finished product must be made of one material only, barring decorations. Thus all sorts of glue+paper+leather+bone+wood body armors are made of... "dorfy composite material" which needs to be modded in advance.
One could have more spear sizes, with almost the same attack numbers but different [SIZE:400] [MATERIAL_SIZE:3].

I dont know modding very well, but is it possible to write a reaction for an item like an axe requiring two or more reagent and the product still bears a quality modifier, like those ones under reaction_crafting.txt(i've never made any of those, so i dont know if the end products have quality modifiers or not...)
otherwise it's probably up to Toady.

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon,

I don't suppose I could convince you to add the remaining skills which don't otherwise have training buildings or books assigned to them be added to the library (like carpentry) could I?

Thanks.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TomiTapio,

Loving the new bayonet crossbows, but just thought I'd point out that the bayonet still uses the hammer skill. Perhaps spear skill will be more appropriate?

And all my pig tail fiber items show up as stuff like "pig tail f rope", not sure if that was intended. :P

In other fortress news, I now have a light blue oak tree in front of my fortress entrance. Light blue from the blood of a brook troll.

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I encountered armageddon in this game finally.

There was this smoke and fire that move from 3 corner of the map and Kill everything on the surface.

I dont know how but it happens lol

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I think I encountered armageddon in this game finally.

<image snip>

There was this smoke and fire that move from 3 corner of the map and Kill everything on the surface.

I dont know how but it happens lol

Fire mephits or snakemen, methinks.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Loving the new bayonet crossbows, but just thought I'd point out that the bayonet still uses the hammer skill. Perhaps spear skill will be more appropriate?
And all my pig tail fiber items show up as stuff like "pig tail f rope", not sure if that was intended. :P
My crossbows have both the bash and stab, and can't have two skills attached to a weapon. So it's hammer skill, because that's what it has been for years.
Fiber shortened to f is intended. Earlier I had "pigil fiber" items instead. Shame the interface doesn't resize.

Yeah bushfires are cool, and one can dig channels, build walls or floors to make fire-isolated areas outdoors and in the cave grass. Sometimes grassfires give 1-5 fps, especially when fire is interacting with frozen waters.
Also: snow doesn't stop grassfires, it melts the snow and exposes flammable grasses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:31:53 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Modify my intern race to have the ability to use the illithid attacks in adventure mode.
Which is great. Not so great is having an Intern companion burst into flames killing their selves over trying to kill a gopher.
Good thing I have it so they drop 50 eggs.
though the attacks seem to just phase through so it still needs more testing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:02:36 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Today is Midsummer eve, the biggest alco-holiday in Finland and second biggest overall holiday.
Started Divinity II the (western) RPG.

--changelog entries
slightly more native aluminum, for a better chance of mithril making.
added "carpet", a kind of cloak that you can leave laying around on floors. Or should one build six of them into a 2x2 workshop? It is lousy as armor (but can be worn like a hoodless cloak, coverage 30%, doesn't protect head)
renamed cloaks to hooded cloaks to remind of their head protection
renamed ITEM_HELM_HORNED finally to actual ITEM_HELM_MASKED. Breaks save compatibility! Added back the old ITEM_HELM_HORNED, might prevent savebreak. Masked helm is 100% coverage, other helms 85%.
gave crossbows to nords.

reminder: a "mask" item does not protect the "face", but "50% of head", same what the Cap does.
tip: mass "gather plants" operation, turn off all hauling (well, item hauling can't be stopped from o-menu) so the workers travel from plant to plant without interruptions.

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those that wanted a example of a orc town/village.

Here is a small orc village with 50 inhabitants. Most dont have bed rooms yet, but thats being built in the bottom right corner on the left side of the river.

Bottom right is a small apartment complex.

The top right building is a barrack, and the top left building is a in/dining room/dormitory

Middle top walled in section is my farm section, though this will be moved outside to make some room, all open parts of the walls contain bridges. right side of the river walls are not finished yet. most of the buildings are made of wood, with the exception of the apartment complexes.

If all goes well, version 1.0 of orc fortress will be up after this weekend. This will include several changed titles and the new castes. Thats it for now. Castes that will make the first release are:

-Jungle
-Plains
-mountain
-desert
-zen
-monk

Thats all for now :)

For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Here is a small orc village with 50 inhabitants. Most dont have bed rooms yet, but thats being built in the bottom right corner on the left side of the river.

Bottom right is a small apartment complex.

The top right building is a barrack, and the top left building is a in/dining room/dormitory

Middle top walled in section is my farm section, though this will be moved outside to make some room, all open parts of the walls contain bridges. right side of the river walls are not finished yet. most of the buildings are made of wood, with the exception of the apartment complexes.

If all goes well, version 1.0 of orc fortress will be up after this weekend. This will include several changed titles and the new castes. Thats it for now. Castes that will make the first release are:

-Jungle
-Plains
-mountain
-desert
-zen
-monk

Thats all for now :)

If it's okay to ask, what do monk orcs do? Do they get a physical advantage? Or do they get some other monk related advantages?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question, is there a mayday (or DFG) version of Genesis? I remember one in the older version, but I can't see one for .25d. Because the phoebus and ironhand packs just seem too gloomy and/or dull and evidently google isn't my friend.

Incidently, (and slightly offtopic as well), am I the only person who thinks Google seems to not like DF very much? I mean in many of my searches Google gives me some unnecessary bullshit that, apparently just because it has DWARF FORTRESS in big capital letters, gets put in front of the actual threads I'm looking for.

Rant over.  :)     
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:49:37 pm by LordExumius »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

ht  tps://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/orc%20fortress%20village.png?w=ebf6045b
Image not showing up. Tried the URL, got "Error (403) It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?"
Try the rightclick-copy_public_link feature in Dropbox file listing on web.

Just a quick question, is there a mayday (or DFG) version of Genesis? I remember one in the older version, but I can't see one for .25d. Because the phoebus and ironhand packs just seem too gloomy and/or dull and evidently google isn't my friend.
Nope, not those versions. But you can use my ASCII sub-release and use any tileset you want with that.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Edit while rolling rnew worgsl: new worlds: here's my current worldgen settings.

Oh wowza-gowza, my embark party managed to slay two dragon raptors and lose only one dorf! Team hand-axe wins!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:27:12 pm by TomiTapio »

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, not those versions. But you can use my ASCII sub-release and use any tileset you want with that.

Ah, that's a shame, I'll try that out then.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:45:12 pm by LordExumius »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first post says that the ASCII sub-releases require downloading Genesis:ASCII first, but that doesn't seem right -- the Genesis:ASCII main release says it's for 0.31.19, rather than 0.31.25.  So, what I'm doing instead (on Linux) is:

Code: [Select]
$ mkdir genesis
$ cd genesis
$ tar xjf ../df_31_25_linux.tar.bz2
$ mv df_linux/* .
$ rmdir df_linux
$ mv raw raw.orig
$ unzip ../Genesis_3.25dTT_ASCII_WarDucks_Marbles_June21.zip >/dev/null

It seems to be working, insofar as I can figure out what I'm doing... did I miss something, or is this how it's supposed to go?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 642