Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230324 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25b ϟ] - alchemy and fixes
« Reply #6480 on: April 15, 2011, 07:33:17 am »

LONG POST IS LONG, and now I am going to bed. |Da

Which means you're on... something like the west coast of the States? I always find it so great that all of us can get together and communicate effortlessly over the net - I mean, Deon is Russian, TomiTapio is Finnish, I'm Swedish and there's a ton of people from all over the rest of the world too, and here we are creating something cool together. In fact, I thought Deon was British for some reason until yesterday when I actually checked his profile... and discovered he's from S:t Petersburg, Russia. Isn't that great? :)

Just thought I'd share it. And continuing on my quixotic quest to get my fort back to the latest versions... we'll see. ;)

//A, basking in sunlight
you´re swedish too? kul.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: April 15, 2011, 07:54:04 am »

Which means you're on... something like the west coast of the States? I always find it so great that all of us can get together and communicate effortlessly over the net - I mean, Deon is Russian, TomiTapio is Finnish, I'm Swedish and there's a ton of people from all over the rest of the world too, and here we are creating something cool together. In fact, I thought Deon was British for some reason until yesterday when I actually checked his profile... and discovered he's from S:t Petersburg, Russia. Isn't that great? :)

Just thought I'd share it. And continuing on my quixotic quest to get my fort back to the latest versions... we'll see. ;)

//A, basking in sunlight
you´re swedish too? kul.

We are legion. But not as many as even the people in NYC or SF or even Moscow, yet we Scandinavians seem to make our disproportionately large mark on the structures of the 'net. It's probably to do with the climate... :p

//A, about to embark on a legendary update-quest
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: April 15, 2011, 08:53:09 am »

//A, basking in sunlight

'Tis marvelous indeed, and I may be the only brazilian in these forums, but oh well. Most brazilians aren't very dorfy, I guess :P

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the title music plays fine but the in-game music (the 10+ minute track) just... won't play. At all. I've checked the init files and it's not auto-muted, I've checked in the in-game options and it's not muted, my speakers and my computer's internal sound aren't muted (an easy check since, you know, the title music plays)... it's just no go.

I have this same issue - any idea on how to get the right ogg codec to play those files in game? On the translation front if you want Deon I'm happy to do half of S, say from system to sorcerer but am a little bit busy at the mo so do you have a specific time you want it by or will sometime this weekend do?

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: April 15, 2011, 11:02:04 am »

Alright, after several hours of work I've officially given up on porting the save and are just generating a new world. The end came when, after having gone through everything that was missing one thing at at time, I got the error "Warning: Missing reaction definition". Hooray. So, I'm about to make another, even more legendary fort! Can't wait ^^

//A, relieved
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:36 am »

Grazing animals won't trample grass - does this mean my cows will no longer attempt to starve themselves by churning their food source into the base layer?  Or am I misreading?
It means that any animal which is "grazer" now will remove grass ONLY by eating it, not by walking on it. This way you can have sane amount of animals in indoor pastures. It's for gameplay purpose obviously, I doubt cows IRL dodge grass stalks to avoid trampling them :P.

Deon, You left a region1 save in the latest phobeus download, which is why it is 43meg instead of 22meg.

Just letting you know.
Oops, that's what happens when you test and upload stuff at 5 AM before going to work without sleep :P.

Any chance of getting a Goldplated version of this quasi-final update, Deon? *bats eyelashes* ♥♥♥
You need a bigger picture of the puppy eyes this time. Deal? ;D

the title music plays fine but the in-game music (the 10+ minute track) just... won't play. At all. I've checked the init files and it's not auto-muted, I've checked in the in-game options and it's not muted, my speakers and my computer's internal sound aren't muted (an easy check since, you know, the title music plays)... it's just no go.

I have this same issue - any idea on how to get the right ogg codec to play those files in game? On the translation front if you want Deon I'm happy to do half of S, say from system to sorcerer but am a little bit busy at the mo so do you have a specific time you want it by or will sometime this weekend do?
Can you open it and listen to it via your common audio player? I will try to figure it out for the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: April 15, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »

Okay, a small release will be out soon, I hope the orcish language will be more complete by that time :P.

I am adding sounds to animals right now. All domestic animals already squeal, bark, moo, gobble, meow etc, so as an adventurer it should be fun to visit farmhouses... Oh wait, only the next version will feature people actually keeping pets in their houses and yards... Oh well, still it's fun to travel mountains and listen to random bleats from mountain goats and screams of eagles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: April 15, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »

Yay animal noises!

*spins the wheel*

The Cow goes... "MMOOOOOOO!!"

*spins again*

The Dwarf says... "ACH!!"

*sping again*

The Forgotten Beast says... uh... I got nothin'
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: April 15, 2011, 12:44:19 pm »

Okay, a small release will be out soon, I hope the orcish language will be more complete by that time :P.

I am adding sounds to animals right now. All domestic animals already squeal, bark, moo, gobble, meow etc, so as an adventurer it should be fun to visit farmhouses... Oh wait, only the next version will feature people actually keeping pets in their houses and yards... Oh well, still it's fun to travel mountains and listen to random bleats from mountain goats and screams of eagles.
Is that update going to change the plants?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: April 15, 2011, 01:00:44 pm »

Vocalizing plants? Cool idea, Phoebus! :D

Seriously though, no, new updates won't change anything that breaks save games.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: April 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm »

You'll hear the worm-grass squiggle and the Ironwood leaves will ring in the wind.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6491 on: April 15, 2011, 01:41:41 pm »

Yaaaaaaaayy! I''m gonna go find what everyone's been squawking about badgers for now :)
Is like Giant Gargoyles but much friendlier. Watch out for the tropical swamps' crocodiles! (but crocs don't have rage. dragon raptors do. Please hide indoors when raptors come.)

Any chance of getting a Goldplated version of this quasi-final update, Deon? *bats eyelashes* ♥♥♥
Sounds like a five-minute WinMerge stitch from prev goldplated to 3.25b.

Am I the only one who doesn't use ingame music in DF? I just have WinAmp play various chillout/newage/downtempo ShoutCast channels. Yay SomaFM and psyradio!

If I were to go back to an old fort with DF 3.25 exe... CRUTCHWALKING! And MORE FPS.

Edit: Happenings in Helpedcraft, a town that has learned how to make bonfires.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit2: The settlement's trap-corridor:

First traps catch some babysnatchers. Just put battle area cage traps to further contain invaders. Statues are a new twist: cause happiness, and stop a hail of enemy arrows.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:39:41 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: April 15, 2011, 04:27:44 pm »

Wow, we now have Tomi's stories with PICTURES! Priceless :). Thank you Tomi, I always read your reports.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6493 on: April 15, 2011, 04:54:27 pm »

Thanks D. I should make a PDF of the best two places, because there's many screenshots. Forum not so good for three screenfuls of text and six screenshots.

Balor needs boosting, it died too soon from five arteries cut. Maybe put iron or steel skin on it. Or fighting skill 15 for much parrying.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:03:22 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #6494 on: April 15, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »

Cant wait to get stuck into the Alchemy Deon really cant wait. Keep up the good work dude ^_^ always a pleasure to play this mod

Btw u should know who I am :P ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 642