Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230399 times)

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25 ϟ] - alchemy and fixes
« Reply #6465 on: April 14, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »

The final version?

...But...but...what will I DO with my life?!

A world without further Genesis updates isn't worth living in.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »

Relax, man, it's the final version of this version.

Okay, that could have been worded better. It's the final version of alchemy and stuff like that.
Requoted for emphasis, and emphasis added. :P
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:33 am »

Actually that's the first version of the alchemical update. I've made placeholder reactions for a reason: this way with the new versions you should be able to play your older forts.

Any plans on releasing an ASCII version?  :P
Yep, I've been busy with 3.25, now I can focus on ASCII conversion.

Yep ran out of logs but why does obsidian chipping into blades need wood? Surely one could put longcat leather wraps around the stone to make a handle.

My gear is Canon EOS 20D (2005, 8 Mpx, 5 shots/sec, ISO 800 okay) and a Canon Powershot SX100 IS (10x zoom, 8 Mpx, ISO 200 usable quality). Won't bore you with my lenses.

Yay Deon, a new release! Guess I won't be merging changes for another 18 hours or so.
Added your list of changes to http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/workshops

Edit2: Hey, is the BONFIRE in this Genesis?
No, bonfire is not in this because I didn't do it yet, but I consider adding it.

About obsidian swords: I thought YOU would know that it's a vanilla stuff we can't change :P. The wood is used for handles and the main part of the sword. The obsidian is for the edge pieces only.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6468 on: April 15, 2011, 01:03:13 am »

And then there's my sub-version with the Warlord's bonfires and Faedog and scary B.M. creature. And "bludgeon" wooden trap component.
Fresh off the WinMerge work:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25_Ironhand_Tomis_inclFaedog_BONFIRES.zip

Notes to Deon:
Merging my custom things into 3.25 Ironhand (not yourchanges into mine)...
g_a_bird.txt says graphics_animal_ursine inside.
i_s_gem.txt has [INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN_CUT] but the reaction in reaction_genesis_add.txt has been deleted? I'll keep the reaction. Maybe should get many o-gems from obsidian boulder.

I see you didn't include my "remove grasstrample from grazers" change.
Yak skills I have added.
Removed animals unnecessary skill_rate 100, now that "canlearn & all skillrates zero" are not needed.
native platinum [ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER_SMALL:15]  not huge "CLUSTER" like hematite.
hornblende [TILE:151] I think, not same as jet
gave palm trees a biome. "There are various types of trees that will grow in particular areas of a savanna biome. They include pine trees, palm trees, and acacia trees."

reduced some animal population counts after rolling a test world. Reduced fishitem-turtle count.

About obsidian swords: I thought YOU would know that it's a vanilla stuff we can't change :P. The wood is used for handles and the main part of the sword. The obsidian is for the edge pieces only.
Kinda hard to read what the hardcoded, not-in-raws reactions do.
Judging from the image, obsidian swords are quite crap compared to silver swords. Penetration more like stone axe, not slim metal blade which typifies a sword.

Reduced fishitem-turtle count.
Why? They will disappear after a season otherwise.
World's animals listing has way too many turtles. They shouldn't be as populous as fish. And youknow they are in all pools of the world, regardless of temperatures or biome. So I thought I'd tone them down a little. And boost Yetis. And reduce wolves after seeing 50 000 wolves, gotta have more prey than predators.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:13:18 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:17 am »

i_s_gem.txt has [INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN_CUT] but the reaction in reaction_genesis_add.txt has been deleted? I'll keep the reaction. Maybe should get many o-gems from obsidian boulder.
It's in the reaction_crafting.txt.

Thanks for the g_a_bird, I will fix it in a moment.

Reduced fishitem-turtle count.
Why? They will disappear after a season otherwise.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25b ϟ] - alchemy and fixes
« Reply #6470 on: April 15, 2011, 01:25:02 am »

- 3.25b
* fixed a typo in a graphical file
* dralthas are grazers now
* grazing animals do not trample grass

A small patch, savegame-compatible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: April 15, 2011, 03:03:38 am »

Huzzah! New version! :)

And it occurred to me that it should be possible to update/merge my old fort step by step to the new versions, right? I mean, going through every stable release with Winmerge and/or World Tinker, and thereby eventually get up to the latest version.. or is that still gonna be too mucj work and/or complicated? Just a thought, but wanted advice on it now that this is gonna be save game compatible for a while... ;)

Oh, and great work on the mod, as always. I like it! :D

//A, pleased
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: April 15, 2011, 03:14:43 am »

Hooray it's not over!   Dammit, I just built a moat in the version before!

Grazing animals won't trample grass - does this mean my cows will no longer attempt to starve themselves by churning their food source into the base layer?  Or am I misreading?

Is it sad that I'm working for close to the next 48 hours straight (or sleeping, or driving - one of the three), and my main concern is I won't be able to check this thread?

Lastmartini

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: April 15, 2011, 04:01:46 am »

Hooray it's not over!   Dammit, I just built a moat in the version before!

Grazing animals won't trample grass - does this mean my cows will no longer attempt to starve themselves by churning their food source into the base layer?  Or am I misreading?

Is it sad that I'm working for close to the next 48 hours straight (or sleeping, or driving - one of the three), and my main concern is I won't be able to check this thread?

No it is not sad, it is called dedication.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Judging from the image, obsidian swords are quite crap compared to silver swords. Penetration more like stone axe, not slim metal blade which typifies a sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I never thought claymores were that slim.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:08:25 am by Lastmartini »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: April 15, 2011, 04:06:48 am »

Yaaaaaaaayy! I''m gonna go find what everyone's been squawking about badgers for now :)

SandyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:40 am »

Deon, You left a region1 save in the latest phobeus download, which is why it is 43meg instead of 22meg.

Just letting you know.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:28 am »

Deon, You left a region1 save in the latest phobeus download, which is why it is 43meg instead of 22meg.

Just letting you know.
Ooh, a Deon!save for all us fangirls (...meaning, uh, me) to go ooh and aah over? ;D

Any chance of getting a Goldplated version of this quasi-final update, Deon? *bats eyelashes* ♥♥♥
Granted, I'm going to be having the Phoebus version also sitting on my desktop with the others, at least for that succession game... but darn it, Goldplated is still my favorite tileset, though Phoebus is the coolest dude (with the exception of Deon and Tomi, natch).

I'm actually liking the most recent world I genned, I'm thinking about trying to keep it and perforce trying out this World Tinker thing all you cool kids are blathering about. :P

Speaking of all these versions, I need to actually go through and ruthlessly cull some/most of them (I think I have a 03.18 vanilla, I believe Mayday, which was my very first tileset and which I never use anymore) or make a catch-all DF folder or something—they're all on my desktop for easy access, but even though I have a nice, sexy widescreen monitor, I am rapidly running out of room.  ::)

Oh, and regarding the music files—I can't play .ogg files usually, so a while back I went out and downloaded foobar2000 expressly for that purpose. I can use that to play the song_game.ogg, and I can play other tracks renamed to song_game.ogg (for a little while I had the track Movin' from FF8 as my game music :P I can toss it on Dropbox already renamed and ready to go for anyone who'd like it, just say the word), so I thought it was a length issue, being over 10 minutes and all, but that seems less likely now that I know other people are playing it fine. :'(

LONG POST IS LONG, and now I am going to bed. |Da
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:29:18 am by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Setharnas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: April 15, 2011, 05:48:21 am »

And then there's my sub-version with the Warlord's bonfires and Faedog and scary B.M. creature. And "bludgeon" wooden trap component.
Fresh off the WinMerge work:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25_Ironhand_Tomis_inclFaedog_BONFIRES.zip

Thank you both, Deon and Tomi!

I never thought claymores were that slim.

I agree - really sharp edges would soon become blunt anyway, so we would need a "resharpen" reaction in a custom workshop... Which doesn't sound too bad, actually, if it were possible.

And now that 3.25 is out, I think that all the transmute reactions are far too cheap. :P  Maybe a few more catalyst reagents, of various types?

Also, I don't know where your fixation of aluminium as base material for Mithril comes from... :P  I'm much more inclined to agree with the wikipedia article that suggests a platinum + titanium alloy for DF. Again, some catalyst reagent would be good - mithril should be rare IMHO.

Now, should I throw a farewell party for my current fort, or go straight into the new version... Decisions, decisions... :)
(Appreciatingly stolen from thijser)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: April 15, 2011, 06:16:35 am »

Here is my update version, works with world tinker:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4221
24(b) to 25b
To update running fort delete your raws and copy these in their place. And sync with world tinker.
Includes bonfire and NW_Kohaku's glazes mod.
Dont forget to make backup.

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:13 am »

LONG POST IS LONG, and now I am going to bed. |Da

Which means you're on... something like the west coast of the States? I always find it so great that all of us can get together and communicate effortlessly over the net - I mean, Deon is Russian, TomiTapio is Finnish, I'm Swedish and there's a ton of people from all over the rest of the world too, and here we are creating something cool together. In fact, I thought Deon was British for some reason until yesterday when I actually checked his profile... and discovered he's from S:t Petersburg, Russia. Isn't that great? :)

Just thought I'd share it. And continuing on my quixotic quest to get my fort back to the latest versions... we'll see. ;)

//A, basking in sunlight
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 642