Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230732 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18f2 ϟ] - quick fix
« Reply #5025 on: February 13, 2011, 04:56:22 am »

Deon, I really like it that you made it possible for us to turn off the Obisidian Dwarfs fire breath, but...
FFFFFUUUUUU Fire Mephit!

aka: could there pls be an option for those critters too?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought fire was dangerous but my dwarves just walked through it, and the kobold has already solved the Mephit problem.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:13:19 am by Dutchling »

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: February 13, 2011, 06:14:51 am »

How do you make Soap and What is the reaction the for blast furnace

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:46 am »

How do you make Soap and What is the reaction the for blast furnace

There is a genesis wiki, afai it isn't very complete but the metals and plants are there: http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals

EDIT: Deon, I've found a ''bug'': Gypsum isn't in the special stones list in Z menu, I think it is supposed to be there?

EDIT2: Finally combat!
I have a few questions though.
Did you improved the strength or size of dwarfs or something like that? A Thunderbird came and 18 unarmed civilians were able to take it down with just 3 losses (they were there before the rest came). the 15 survivors were also able to kill 6 Gray Werewolves, still unarmed and untrained!?
One engraver actually dueled a werewolf 1v1 and he almost won (both had a lot of red wounds)
Later, a goblin ambush came and my unarmed civilians were able to take those down too, but with a few more losses (the gobbo's were pikemen)

So my questions:
1) Was I just lucky or are Werewolves a bunch of pussies puppies?
2) Why are goblins trap_avoid and werewolves not? I can understand you want to make the game harder by making the goblins trap_avoid but why aren't the Werewolves? Aren't they supposed to be agile wolf men?
3) I saw the goblin RAWS to check if they are trap_avoid and you have this:
Code: [Select]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]               max Why? :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:46:13 am by Dutchling »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:01 am »

I'm having a really hard time finding something underground to train as war animals. I want something really tough. But I can't seem to find anything. I wanted one of those dragon raptors or something. Sadly the dwarven civ is dead so no requesting. Is there any hope of finding an awesome trainable creature in the caverns? So far I've found Troglodytes, Rabbits (??), Crundles, Dire Trolls, Cave Crocodiles, Blood Spiders, Giant Olms, Moledogs, Archanas, Gorlaks, Giant Earthworms, Giant Cave Swallows, and Scorpions. None of which seem to be trainable... :(

I thought the Swallows and Crocodiles were trainable, at the very least. Scratch that. Only MOUNT, not trainable. Dang.

I'd suggest getting a siege, capturing their animals, and keeping them in cages. You can tame and train their offspring.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:16:46 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: February 13, 2011, 09:39:58 am »

I'm having a really hard time finding something underground to train as war animals. I want something really tough. But I can't seem to find anything. I wanted one of those dragon raptors or something. Sadly the dwarven civ is dead so no requesting. Is there any hope of finding an awesome trainable creature in the caverns? So far I've found Troglodytes, Rabbits (??), Crundles, Dire Trolls, Cave Crocodiles, Blood Spiders, Giant Olms, Moledogs, Archanas, Gorlaks, Giant Earthworms, Giant Cave Swallows, and Scorpions. None of which seem to be trainable... :(
Blood spiders could be worth capturing and taming at least, I bought one from the elves and it attacked some goblins that got into my fortress during a siege even though it wasn't a war animal.  Seemed to tear quite a few chunks out of them as well.

I always find war animals pretty rubbish though, any enemy with an edged weapon just tends to chop them to pieces.  War dogs even have trouble with thieves now daggers are a bit stronger.  The only use for them I've found is just to have them around your military so that the enemy might target them instead of your dwarves.

What we really need is pet armour, wtb adamantine armoured battle elephants.  (But I guess that's not moddable).

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: February 13, 2011, 10:45:33 am »

There is a genesis wiki, afai it isn't very complete but the metals and plants are there: http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals

Ive looked there all iit says is mass smelting that doesnt really explain much

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: February 13, 2011, 10:56:03 am »

Deon you added a few nobles didn't you?

How would I do that? I want a few more useless dwarfs :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »

I always find war animals pretty rubbish though, any enemy with an edged weapon just tends to chop them to pieces.  War dogs even have trouble with thieves now daggers are a bit stronger.  The only use for them I've found is just to have them around your military so that the enemy might target them instead of your dwarves.

What we really need is pet armour, wtb adamantine armoured battle elephants.  (But I guess that's not moddable).

Dogs suck as security. Have you tried rhino's?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »

Ive looked there all iit says is mass smelting that doesnt really explain much

ok I though that was what you meant. afaik the mass smelting means that is smelts 6 ores/bars at a time (with 6 fuel ofc) so it' just faster.
I haven't actually done it myself though but I think I've read it somewhere

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:26 pm »

The blast furnace takes 6 iron ore, 6 flux, and 6 charcol/coke, and one fuel and produces 6 bars of steel. Most fuel efficient way to make steel if you have flux.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: February 13, 2011, 03:28:53 pm »

Hmm? Just got the new version is there a reason magnetite seems to be missing from my raws? At least I've searched for it and it doesn't seem to be there.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: February 13, 2011, 03:40:32 pm »

No-raisins.

I mean, yeah. I forgot to put it back when I separated simple ores and normal mineral names mod components, thanks for noting it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »

Are turkeys supposed to be super badass? I just had a few turkeys kill one of my dwarfs, a giant scorpion, a war raptor and a war dog. Reading the combat logs it seems that once the turkeys get a grip with their beak they have a tendency to CRUSH whatever they are holding. All of the deaths ended with crushed skulls, or the equivalent on the scorpion, and torn apart brains.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: February 13, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »

They are not supposed to. They are not that big too. It's a quirk of DF combat system I guess.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »

Well I am in a terrifying biome. I was just expecting undead or giant spiders of some sort and not normal everyday turkeys.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 642