Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228922 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4395 on: December 29, 2010, 08:31:47 pm »

It's good advice to training swimming. (Lock them inside a "Swimming Pool" room with 4/7 to 6/7 water.)
Ahem, what about the "swimming pool" workshop?

However, I'm not convinced that simply renaming them "piranha" makes them fit the role. For one thing, minnows are tiny and piranhas need to be bigger.
Ahem.   [BODY_SIZE:5:0:40000]. It's bigger than a cat.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TuefelHundenIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: December 29, 2010, 08:46:41 pm »

Lol calling them tiny minnow is kinda misleading.  Carnivorous minnow or something menacing that you would not normally associate with Minnows would be more fitting.

It's df who says we need to follow logic that is half the fun.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: December 29, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »

Lol calling them tiny minnow is kinda misleading.  Carnivorous minnow or something menacing that you would not normally associate with Minnows would be more fitting.

It's df who says we need to follow logic that is half the fun.

Heh well some people like myself find it fun to try and try and make sense of the insanity. For example I belive that dwarves are actually a subconciously hive minded people and "Armok" is what they name the urges that make them do nonsensical things like chasing flaming socks all over the place.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4398 on: December 29, 2010, 10:45:11 pm »

Well, my first Genesis fort came to an end. Not because of the simultaneous sieges before I had the iron industry underway, but because my FPS dropped to 1(1) when an entire z-level caught on fire.  :P
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: December 30, 2010, 02:29:46 am »

Giant dwarven BB-Q anyone?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: December 30, 2010, 02:30:30 am »

Yes, that's a problem which I will remove. It was better before, I wonder why does it take so much FPS now.

I avoid it by turning temperature off when that happens, then turning it back on :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: December 30, 2010, 04:39:24 am »

Hey Deon, I was just lazly modding in twin headed monkeys with scales that breath toxic stench and thought of you... You never return my calls anymore, when are we going to go on that date you mentioned?  :P

But anyway, back on topic, something about monkeys? Oh thats right, I was just thinking about the old spider dwarfs. You should totaly make then as a new caste in genisis. I thought for a second about maybe putting it in marble, the little mod that never realy existed, but then remembered I wasn't going to do the 'multiple dwarf types' because I don't want to...

Web spinners, strong physical stats, poor mental stats, dosn't equipt. Standard 'great for early defence, useless for all but making web later on' type creature. But your mod, your rules, your choice...

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: December 30, 2010, 04:54:53 am »

Can sum1 please tell me the difference between the tilesets?
I already know what ASCII looks like (duh  :P ) but im not sure about the others and my download cap is limited atm.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:36 am »

I plan to call them piranhas and limit their biomes a bit. The problem is the lack of swimming skill on your dwarves as you pointed out. Why don't you train your military in swimming? It's one of the first things I do with my military guys.

It was early summer of the first year - he didn't even have any armour yet. I was sending him to kill some gazelles which had become stuck in a part of the map I wanted for the fortress.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4404 on: December 30, 2010, 09:02:26 am »

Well, my first Genesis fort came to an end. Not because of the simultaneous sieges before I had the iron industry underway, but because my FPS dropped to 1(1) when an entire z-level caught on fire.  :P
The bushfires, even on 3x2 embark, tend to drop the fps, especially when they touch frozen pools. Just let the game run 1-2 hours while you do something else, the fps will climb back up after the fire is gone.

ps. don't store logs, coal, coke, lignite outdoors.

Can sum1 please tell me the difference between the tilesets?
Ironhand: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/File:Ironhandtileset.png
Phoebus without DF game files: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2430

Deon, how would I make a reaction to atomsmash cloth and leather junk the invaders brought?
Would be nice to have a creature variation template "likes to fight" (predator, remove benign and pet, remove savage?)

Bridgerim is recovering, but the werewolves come again:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:03:49 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: December 30, 2010, 10:16:15 am »

Do you mean CLOTHES, not cloth? If so you would want to be careful not to destroy your own cloth...

I plan to make a cleanup for the next version (remove socks/mittens from invaders, make werewolves to come only in winter and centaurs only in summer, remove fireballs etc.).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: December 30, 2010, 10:33:24 am »

Where in the heck are these werewolves? I make sure they exist in the world and they never come visit me. Worst neighbors ever.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:56 am »

You need 20 dwarves, and they will come.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: December 30, 2010, 11:40:13 am »

Deon, I really like the races in Genesis. So I drew some Ezrakim Elves, going off of descriptions in-game. Behold, male and female, taking slight liberties in not drawing a turban for the male one:

better and more dorfy than vanilla elves!
well okay maybe not so dorfy for the first one
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:41:56 am by freeformschooler »

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 30, 2010, 01:09:52 pm »

Got a balor in my first winter (19 dwarves, with no deaths so far) and he got across the bridge before anyone could be arsed to raise it. I cursed and prepared all dwarves for a final stand, believing that this would be it, but to my surprise it went down pretty easily. The only casualty was a pet cave tortoise and my starting carpenter (he's only got a broken ankle, but due to nerve damage I don't think he'll walk again). Could I suggest a) making them stronger and b) making them come later?

And assuming the Balor needs a soulgem to survive, this 'towering humanoid' died when it was kicked in the head by an untrained dwarf.

There's going to be some fine engravings in this fort, I tell you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:21:00 pm by EddyP »
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 642