Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228098 times)

Blind Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRAVISION]
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4005 on: November 25, 2010, 01:10:18 am »

But I have to ask, is there any particular reason why none few of the male sub-races have set empathy and social awareness values?
Because they do nothing? And not set values mean default parameters.

Well, that's kind of odd, isn't it?  I like the "Stronger/More Agile" comparison, but the rest just gets kind of stereotypical or arbitrary.  Plus, if they don't count for the more rare castes, why have them for anyone?
It's totally arbitrary, I even don't remember settings this... I think I was just fiddling with these tokens after they became avaliable to see how it works and forgot about them. Also willpower now governs pain tolerance, so I have to tweak it considering that fact.

Thank you for pointing that out, I didn't work on the mental stats for a while.
I plan to change the speed of different skills' training for different castes for the next release, so it will come along nicely.
Ah. See, I thought they actually did something.

No prob. I can't really blame you for not knowing every little parameter you set.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:39 am »

In both the Genesis/Mayday v.16 that Deon put out a while back, and my own mix for .18, all of the bushes that have their tile set to the ' " ' character show up as completely transparent and display just a solid square of their background color.
Yeah, I had this problem too. The '"' for bushes does not work starting from some version of DF. You have to set the tile number instead of '"' (i.e. [PICKED_TILE:34]).

No prob. I can't really blame you for not knowing every little parameter you set.
Yep, I tend to forget about stuff I've made a few months back, sorry :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: November 25, 2010, 01:19:03 am »

About werewolves: they have to attack early because they have no CAN_SPEAK, and it worked before.

But with the latest DF releases it could be changed. Was someone able to make non-speaking civs to attack early like orcs used to be in the old DF orcs' mod? I can't check right now, but I will figure it out for the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:53 am »

Yeah, I had this problem too. The '"' for bushes does not work starting from some version of DF. You have to set the tile number instead of '"' (i.e. [PICKED_TILE:34]).

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: November 25, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »

Where can i find giant spiders in adventurer mod i never seen any? I see webs everywhere but no spide lol

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: November 25, 2010, 03:27:16 pm »

Uh..Did I miss something?  I've gotten a "Doom Dwarf" as one of the original 7 embarking dwarfs in this new map I started.  Is this a glitch, or is there a new cast I wasn't aware of?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: November 25, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »

It's a caste.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

Uh..Did I miss something?  I've gotten a "Doom Dwarf" as one of the original 7 embarking dwarfs in this new map I started.  Is this a glitch, or is there a new cast I wasn't aware of?

To be more specific its the Aspid dwarfs....but they are now doom dwarfs because they have an injected poison that melts people now (discovered by accident and left for coolness I believe)

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »

Alright, thanks for the correction!

Another observation I've had, though I am unsure if it's the mod or the vanilla game, but..I'm having dwarfs be completely unharmed by lava.  They avoid it like always, it burns things, melts stuff dropped into it..but dwarfs that either fall in or end up in chambers of the stuff by "accident" don't suffer any harm unless it's above 4/7..in which case, they'll start drowning...

It's been like this for each of the fortresses I've made.  It's..odd.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:42 pm »

Known issue, one of the castes is fire immune, and a bug makes it affect all castes.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4015 on: November 26, 2010, 03:17:47 am »

Known issue, one of the castes is fire immune, and a bug makes it affect all castes.
I guess we could make a separate fireimmune_tissue for that caste... maybe. I couldn't find where it was in the raws. Wait, there it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
all castes' all materials get "upgraded".... guess i should remove this for my worlds.

About the strength/agility between genders; in my one arena test, males vs. females (for genitals getting hit in battle testing I think), the females Totally won. I suspected it was due to the higher agility, often giving first strike!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:22:06 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: November 26, 2010, 08:03:02 am »

Well in a setting where a single major wound usually leads to incapacitation and loss, you're better off getting more hits in than stronger hits. Agility is probably the most important stat nowadays, especially given bogeymen.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: November 26, 2010, 08:59:20 am »

Why does it only not conflict with the Dangerous Critters Mod? As far as I can see it also doesn't conflict with the civ forge mod. (I plan on heavly modding my dwarf fortress)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: November 26, 2010, 09:17:36 am »

Possible bug, werewolves don't seem to heal in adventure mode

i have waited around 10 days and no wounds have been healed
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: November 26, 2010, 11:51:48 am »

Why does it only not conflict with the Dangerous Critters Mod? As far as I can see it also doesn't conflict with the civ forge mod. (I plan on heavly modding my dwarf fortress)

that's not the only mod it doesn't conflict with, but mixing it with civ forge does create a LOT of overlap.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 642