Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228037 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3975 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »

Sorry to ask, but how do I edit raws ? I tried to easy my job with the project by adding no eat no drink no exhaust but they still do it...
Is that an ongoing game? Then, you need to edit the raws of your save, under /data/save/(your region)/raw/objects before reloading the game. Editing the files in the normal raw folders won't help there.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: November 22, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »

I'm noticing that the Naga of the serpent men way overpower the Orks despite their advanced armor and weapons.  I think it maw have to do with the 3 shields and a mace they almost always carry.  The increased number of shields does appear to increase the chance to block by about 3 times.  This also makes it harder for me to get them to dodge into deep pits.  Not asking for a nerf just wondering if this is as intended?
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »

I'm guessing this is maybe vanilla behaviour and can't be changed but I often get several diplomats turn up at the same time and they all stand where they appear at the edge of the map, other than one who goes to talk to the mayor/baron.  When that diplomat is done discussing nothing the next one will go to speak to him.  Not really a massive problem, my liasion managed to kite an illithid ambush around the map until my count was free to talk, and the nord siege that occurred after their diplomat and caravan were wiped out was laughable, their iron weapons couldn't hurt my red steel equipped recruit.  Which was nice.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3978 on: November 22, 2010, 04:46:23 pm »

I'm noticing that the Naga of the serpent men way overpower the Orks despite their advanced armor and weapons.  I think it maw have to do with the 3 shields and a mace they almost always carry.  The increased number of shields does appear to increase the chance to block by about 3 times.  This also makes it harder for me to get them to dodge into deep pits.  Not asking for a nerf just wondering if this is as intended?
It's good that the nagas are trouble. Probably more trouble than a wyvern or a giant or ogre. Then there's the Gith mutant that the Illithids have built of flesh and metal plates and weapons... makes for epic battle! (Don't use serrated-disc traps, they need mega nerfing, they apply too much force and are the equivalent of an archangel's +20 vorpal sword...)

I guess one gripe people have about vanilla DF, is that at some point you get such a good military that the goblins are easy to slaughter. I advocate TrapAvoid and tough materials for the megabeasts. "The dragon laughs at your puny spring-loaded axe trap!"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:13:34 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:01 pm »

Is there a way to edit the different races and change their siege triggers? i have a feeling the werewolves have a strange siege trigger that just need some tweaking. I want my goddamn werewolf bone chairs and tables damnit.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: November 23, 2010, 12:44:25 am »

Is there a way to edit the different races and change their siege triggers? i have a feeling the werewolves have a strange siege trigger that just need some tweaking. I want my goddamn werewolf bone chairs and tables damnit.
Yep, they're easily changed.
Weres are in entity_attacker.txt, currently they have
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]
also see http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Entity_tokens#Behavior

I'd try setting all the 0s to 1s, i guess zero means "never triggers from this", but i think pop_siege 1 means they should start sieging you at 14-30 dwarves.
Could try adding [ITEM_THIEF] to them, I suppose that causes them to be hated by all races (just like the kobolds).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: November 23, 2010, 03:06:57 am »

Also, mind flayer wrestler sproutings seem to be the new whips. They were shattering bones through decent red steel armour.
Blunt attacks are supposed to hurt through armor. 20 kg maul or sledgehammer to plate-mailed knight's shoulder! 15 peasants with wooden clubs vs. elite-armor knight, peasants always win, wrestling helps.

But they weren't using mauls or hammers - they were using their face tentacles to 'sprout' my soldiers and breaking their bones.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: November 23, 2010, 03:26:09 am »

Also, mind flayer wrestler sproutings seem to be the new whips. They were shattering bones through decent red steel armour.
Blunt attacks are supposed to hurt through armor. 20 kg maul or sledgehammer to plate-mailed knight's shoulder! 15 peasants with wooden clubs vs. elite-armor knight, peasants always win, wrestling helps.

But they weren't using mauls or hammers - they were using their face tentacles to 'sprout' my soldiers and breaking their bones.

If I remember correctly from when I asked (That is something like five pages ago), Tomi found the raws and sprout is basically a super-piercing blunt attack.  I also think it uses the bite skill, not wrestle.  It's an absurdly powerful skill sightly evened out by the Illithid's lack of armor.

Hey Deon, how did work out force fields again?  If they're part of the body, why don't they show up on a list of body parts, or get injured? Is it possible to pierce through them?  I recall saying you wanted to make them like tissue, but tissue get damaged, with repercussions to the character.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:32 am »

I'm quite certain your own race is pretty much always the one at the top of the civ relations screen, so you shouldn't need to do that, and only look at the relations screen, but if you're uncertain, that does work. I can't think of a single instance where it was not on top of the list, though.

That too :\

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3984 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:26 am »

Thanks Tomi ,time to finish the gladiator arena.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: November 23, 2010, 09:16:18 am »

So I noticed that I can now make weapons out of black bronze, which is really heavy.

This any good for warhammers/maces?  I usually give up picking heavy blunt materials and just make everything outta steel since im fairly sure theres more to it than just density

On a similar note...what do people make bolts from? 
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: November 23, 2010, 11:55:58 am »

If I remember correctly from when I asked (That is something like five pages ago), Tomi found the raws and sprout is basically a super-piercing blunt attack.  I also think it uses the bite skill, not wrestle.  It's an absurdly powerful skill sightly evened out by the Illithid's lack of armor.

Hey Deon, how did work out force fields again?  If they're part of the body, why don't they show up on a list of body parts, or get injured? Is it possible to pierce through them?  I recall saying you wanted to make them like tissue, but tissue get damaged, with repercussions to the character.

Right, I had forgotten about the earlier sprout question.
The sprout attack is a psionic "mind flaying", and it is supposed to go through armor as it's immaterial. Then the "injected toxin" causes dizziness, victim stunned from the mind blast.

(looks at raws) Force fields are a thin layer of steel tissue, like skin. Skin doesn't show up in body parts list.
And warped flesh is a iron tissue. Obviously those layers don't feel pain or cause bleeding or infected wounds. I guess those don't heal either.
Wonder if one should make a steel-skinned tiger or gorilla... or some demonic animal.

Ooh, now dwarves have [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:FORCED]  didn't know FORCED was an option. One could create a new headwear-hat, and force civ X to always wear it.

black bronze, which is really heavy. This any good for warhammers/maces?  I usually give up picking heavy blunt materials and just make everything outta steel since im fairly sure theres more to it than just density.
One can test 30 blackbronze-warhammer dwarves versus 30 iron-warhammer dwarves in the area, and see which team has survivors. But I think there won't be much advantage to the heavier hammers.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:02:34 pm by TomiTapio »

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: November 23, 2010, 04:03:23 pm »

First, this mod is amazing, keep up the excellent work!

Second, the question as I learn this mod, what do bricks do?
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: November 23, 2010, 05:33:46 pm »

Bricks... hmm... haven't used those myself. Deon posted in August:
Also, I've added a reaction to turn ashes+2boulders into 5 bricks. It should save those who do not want to dig lots of stone or do not have access to many stones due to aquifiers.
You can study architecture and herbalism at library now.
Bricks are a type of stone, for building. At the kiln combine 4 boulders and 150 units (3 stacks) of ash, out come 10 stacks of bricks.
Also at the kiln you can convert TREE_DESERT_ROSE and/or TREE_HEARTH_BUSH into fuel briquettes/coke. Not all wood-material needs to come from 3-20 meter tall trees.

Edit: use the ash you made from goblins and illithids.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:35:26 am by TomiTapio »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: November 23, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »

Bricks are really nice. They are blocks.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 642