Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228029 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3960 on: November 21, 2010, 10:26:49 am »

Do werewolves only ambush player at night? I've never seen any before

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:31 am »

Also, mind flayer wrestler sproutings seem to be the new whips. They were shattering bones through decent red steel armour.

Electric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: November 21, 2010, 11:57:58 am »

Hey just a couple of quick questions.
1. What makes the Shroom Dwarves have multiple litters?
2. How many years do they take to mature?
3. How could I reduce their living times, increase the amount of dwarves in a litter, and lower the amount of time to mature to one season?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: November 21, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »

Sort of saved just now by having a huge demon siege run into two illithid ambushes which slowed them down enough for my army to pick off the various squads without too much trouble.  Are demons and illithids supposed to attack each other?

I've also never seen werewolves on fortress mode, when I embarked I apparently had contact with them when I checked by tabbing through the various screens on the world screen.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: November 21, 2010, 02:08:58 pm »

Also chiming in--never ever saw a werewolf and the only snake/lizard men i've seen were thieves. Hell i've played up to 80 dwarves(to many new versions to play higher) and the only hostiles i've seen was goblin/illithid ambushes.

Mitchman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: November 21, 2010, 03:04:41 pm »

Update: I can get the whole game to display correctly using the default tileset. Now my biggest problem really is that when I target something/look/attack/talk the options subwindow shows on the *top* and not on the bottom, effectively being blocked by the compass. Is there any way to solve this? Once I can do this I'll be perfect! :)

I find it on top, but it obscures the compass rather than the other way around.  It's ugly, but usable.

In regards to the deprecation warning about NSQuickDrawView, this is just a heads up that the current builds of DF are using an old display technology which may not be supported in future versions of OSX.  It's unrelated to the mod and does not indicate a problem with your settings.

By the way, if you love your computer, it wasn't a silly choice.

Thanks for filling me in. so there isn't any way to FIX having the menu being on the top? Strange. Ah well...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: November 21, 2010, 03:06:43 pm »

Just a quick heads up - over many versions of Genesis, across many forts, I've never seen a single werewolf.

Same here. Not one werewolf in fortress mode since I came back into DF with 0.31.12.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: November 21, 2010, 05:00:12 pm »

Are steel dwarves bugged? Cause i'm steel dwarf in adventurer and i been swimming in sea water and my skill stays Novice 0/600 no matter how long i swim or how deep. Help someone who plays genesis why doesn,t my swimming go up?

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: November 21, 2010, 06:56:19 pm »

How do you pick your race in Fortress Mode?

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: November 21, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »

How do you pick your race in Fortress Mode?
Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the chosen race's entity file before worldgen, and while you're there add a few of the more important nobles and reactions from the dwarf file (bookkeeper, broker, manager, expedition leader and militia leaders, and bituminous coal/lignite to coke and a few others to name a few).  If the race in question survived worldgen, congratulations!  You can now play as whatever race.  there is no way to do this in a post-worldgen world.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: November 21, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »

(In case you were asking how to choose among multipe [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] entities: )

While on the site selection map, use the Tab key to go to the "Your Civilization" tab (the one after neighbors).

Use the +/- keys to chose your civ.  Unfortunately I don't think it says what species you've selected until after you chose embark, but it does show the cites occupied by the selected civ in blue on the map, so that helps.  If multiple civs use the same type of site, you can check which civ is located where using the Adventure mode start screen.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: November 22, 2010, 03:28:09 am »

(In case you were asking how to choose among multipe [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] entities: )

While on the site selection map, use the Tab key to go to the "Your Civilization" tab (the one after neighbors).

Use the +/- keys to chose your civ.  Unfortunately I don't think it says what species you've selected until after you chose embark, but it does show the cites occupied by the selected civ in blue on the map, so that helps.  If multiple civs use the same type of site, you can check which civ is located where using the Adventure mode start screen.

If you want to know what civ you have selected, you can change to the civ relations screen when choosing your site and then move onto a mountain (I think an ocean works too), this will show you the only civ you're able to trade with i.e. your civ.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:33 am »

I'm quite certain your own race is pretty much always the one at the top of the civ relations screen, so you shouldn't need to do that, and only look at the relations screen, but if you're uncertain, that does work. I can't think of a single instance where it was not on top of the list, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3973 on: November 22, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »

Sorry to ask, but how do I edit raws ? I tried to easy my job with the project by adding no eat no drink no exhaust but they still do it...

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3974 on: November 22, 2010, 02:25:29 pm »

Hey it's your resident help desk humanoid here.

Sorry to ask, but how do I edit raws ? I tried to easy my job with the project by adding no eat no drink no exhaust but they still do it...
Try setting their speed to the 10-50 range (or 1 for crazyness) instead of the regular 900 range (90 time ticks to one walk-step). That's number one cheat for megaprojects.
in raw/objects/creature_genesis.txt  in [CREATURE:DWARF]   add [SPEED:10]

Deon and I have the big cats at 700,750,800 speed and birds at 400. Making archery necessary to hunt birds; and you get crossbow skills from hunting! And slow cant-outrun-humanoids beasts at [SPEED:1120], for example mud man and giant mole. This is the kind of fine-tuning that Toady will not do. I guess we don't yet have "Quicklings", halflings/faeries/brownies that move at 4x speed (225).

Mitchman: how's your resize window with mouse, and zoom in/out with mouse wheel?

Also, mind flayer wrestler sproutings seem to be the new whips. They were shattering bones through decent red steel armour.
Blunt attacks are supposed to hurt through armor. 20 kg maul or sledgehammer to plate-mailed knight's shoulder! 15 peasants with wooden clubs vs. elite-armor knight, peasants always win, wrestling helps.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:49:52 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 642