Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227991 times)

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3930 on: November 19, 2010, 06:37:56 pm »

Hey Deon, In the new version (3.18 Graphics) you have compressed_save set to 'no' in the ini. Is this helpful for some reason in the new version of GENESIS or DF? Can I switch it back to 'yes' without causing problems? Thanks!

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: November 19, 2010, 07:12:18 pm »

Hey Deon, In the new version (3.18 Graphics) you have compressed_save set to 'no' in the ini. Is this helpful for some reason in the new version of GENESIS or DF? Can I switch it back to 'yes' without causing problems? Thanks!

If you have it set to no then you can edit some world information post world gen using a tool. Switching it to yes shouldn't cause any major problems if you aren't editing anything. The biggest issue I suppose would be the possibility of corrupting files while saving but thats about it.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15:47 pm »

When did the crematorium disappear? Or am I blind in this wall 'o text?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:50 am »

the kiln turns dead things into ashes if thats what your talking about

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: November 20, 2010, 12:37:45 am »

Quote from: Rainekage
Two questions:
Do shops ever gain new goods you didn't supply?
I think shops resupply from time to time, but I am not sure about that.
Possibly they restock at some point, but I think that is for the Caravan Arc in the next release, they didn't want it to be too haphazard with the restocking, so the World Economy has to come first.

A note: As of the inclusion of Tools, there are two carving knives. It is confusing. The steel one my adventurer spawned with could not be used for carving wood/bone/etc.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3935 on: November 20, 2010, 12:58:17 am »

Yeah its pretty empty right now...not sure if we can edit it or if only Deon can..
Bad wiki site, cannot be edited just by anyone, first have to make an account and then get editing rights from Deon. I would have preferred having 2-4 long pages in magmawiki, for anyone to edit and easy crosslinking to basic DF pages.

a repost from months ago:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:05:38 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: November 20, 2010, 01:39:34 am »

Two questions:
Possibly they restock at some point, but I think that is for the Caravan Arc in the next release, they didn't want it to be too haphazard with the restocking, so the World Economy has to come first.

A note: As of the inclusion of Tools, there are two carving knives. It is confusing. The steel one my adventurer spawned with could not be used for carving wood/bone/etc.
Are you sure you use the correct version? I am sure I removed the weapon version...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3937 on: November 20, 2010, 01:52:12 am »

Vital info!
when i tried to get rid of blood carried around by dwarfes and pets by using the dfliquids and dfcleanmap tools. after placing some water around important routes and running the cleanmap utility in a loop, performance went up to _33 FPS_. thats more than 4 times as fast... this truely shows that the algorithms for the blood and dirt splattering are very inefficient, to say the least.
Maybe we should have a letter campaign to Toady to make smears disappear in a week (instead of many months).

Edit: bah, it was already mentioned in http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Maximizing_framerate
but seems a very important bug to fix!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:14:20 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: November 20, 2010, 02:08:25 am »

The ghosts lag the game a lot too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: November 20, 2010, 04:15:11 am »

Hey!  Just popping in to say I love playing this mod, it's great fun.

I don't know if this is happening in any other game than mine or if it's already been mentioned (I looked but didn't see anything, so maybe I overlooked it) but this is my stocks screen when I look at the fish section:
Link for great justice

The fish show up as normal names if I look at them any other way than the stocks screen, ie. when a dwarf is hauling it or processing one at the fishery.  However, I am rather sure my dwarves are not fishing red dragons and cougars out of the river.   ???

If this is a known issue/just my game, just ignore this lol.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: November 20, 2010, 04:40:37 am »

Two questions:

Are you sure you use the correct version? I am sure I removed the weapon version...

I was using the latest ASCII version (Can't check now, on different computer).
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: November 20, 2010, 07:07:25 am »

I don't know if this is happening in any other game than mine or if it's already been mentioned (I looked but didn't see anything, so maybe I overlooked it) but this is my stocks screen when I look at the fish section:
Link for great justice
Same thing happening with my game but I guess it's not that serious.

Unrelated note - nightwings appearing at your embark are brutal.  Reclaim hoooooo!

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: November 20, 2010, 07:42:05 am »

The fish show up as normal names if I look at them any other way than the stocks screen, ie. when a dwarf is hauling it or processing one at the fishery.  However, I am rather sure my dwarves are not fishing red dragons and cougars out of the river.   ???

If this is a known issue/just my game, just ignore this lol.

I believe it's listing everything on the map as yours... including meat and so on from subterranian populations etc. below you.  This usually happens when you have breached a cavern system.  If you hit TAB (I think that's the key) to expand your lists, you'll probably notice that the unusual meat etc. shows up as Forbidden.  In any case, this is caused by DF itself.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: November 20, 2010, 10:48:33 am »

I embarked on a naga castle using the just embark tool.  Its walls are made entirely of rough native platinum blocks and its doors and hatches are made of unknown material.

The lawgiver at the site was friendly, but none of the other nagas were.  My dwarves embarked in the center of the castle, and so did not last long.  However, every naga that killed one of my dwarves became friendly.  On the reclaim of the fort, none of the hostile nagas remained.  The now-friendly nagas remain. 

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:49 am »

the kiln turns dead things into ashes if thats what your talking about

Aha. I knew there had to be something. I hadn't built one of those yet.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 642