Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227951 times)

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3915 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:03 pm »

Am I missing something or is the wiki pretty much empty? What is there is handy, but it only tells you about the new plants, races/castes, adventurer mode crafting and some basic information on the new metals. The added workshops, altars, libraries etc aren't explained at all. Not that I don't apreciate the work that went into it, but the wiki's nearly useless.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: November 18, 2010, 10:09:36 pm »

Yeah its pretty empty right now...not sure if we can edit it or if only Deon can....if we could do it like wikipedia or whatever im sure a few of us in the community could flesh a lot of it out pretty quick.

By the way who makes good weapons? I noticed orcs have Katana's (and lots of black steel) andyone better then this? best ive seen otherwise is steel from some elves and dwarves
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:11:13 pm by dennislp3 »

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: November 18, 2010, 10:14:23 pm »

Why does sometime i start a nord in empty hamlets? Basically blizzard/snow marked as a hamlet area but with no building or anything.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: November 18, 2010, 11:17:24 pm »

I think it is just the ice thing....buildings are based on local materials and the such....but with no trees and layers of ice the game doesn't seem to be able to use it any....

Also Deon I know your working on the wasteland mod some but do you plan on making races and castes have innate abilities? like elves having archery (horrible cliche I know lol) and things like that?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: November 19, 2010, 02:44:59 am »

THanks dennislp3 i understand now lol, i still think it's badass to start in a creepy cold blizzard and walk it up like a real nord xD. Inborn abiliteis would rock, i can imagine imps being good ambushers or kobolds

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: November 19, 2010, 03:40:34 am »

Quote from: TomiTapio
Deon: how about "sacrifice shields, might get a weapon" and parallel task  "sacrifice weapons, might get a shield (or adamantine strands?)" And perhaps helmets-into-gem chance... boot-into-charcoal...
I think this or
Quote from: D_E
One possible work-around:  Change the sacrifice rxn to require METAL weapons, and have the special weapons it dispenses be made from something other than metal, a special stone or a creature mat from a non-generated creature (like centaurs).
should work properly. I will include the fix in the next version.
I didn't bother about it because I didn't plan to set it to repeat, but many people seem to want that, so I will fix it.

Deon, could we upgrade toughbone and toughclaws to 7500 edge?
Yeah, they need to be more sharp to be good weapons.

Hey, sorry for asking another question on savegame compatibility.

If I download the latest version and copy my world across, do you think there would be any errors?
Make a backup of your save just in case, but usually I only add things/tweak existing stuff, so without old ID changing it should work (you won't get new entity/new creatures stuff for example, but your existing stuff won't crash the game).

Why does sometime i start a nord in empty hamlets? Basically blizzard/snow marked as a hamlet area but with no building or anything.
I've added a special "blue fir"  which grows on ice lands (it doesn't but it's registered in the list of avaliable materials this way) and it allowed them to build buildings in the pre-hamlet versions, but with the new hamlet mechanics something has changed... I didn't find a way to "fix" it yet.

I don't think they are just for decoration. Having a dwarf use them trains the associated skill. I think the rockball court trains dodging or maybe throwing.

On another topic: Thanks for Genesis Deon! I love it! I think you should include more of your art; its really fabulous!

Oh, and thanks for the Rogue Survivor Genesis as well! I always use that.
Heh, you're welcome. I'm glad that people play RS with my set, it took quite a lot of effort to make it and RS seems to be not so popular now on Bay12.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:00:12 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: November 19, 2010, 03:55:46 am »

Not sure if this story will be amusing to anyone else, but I have the tendency to be ripped apart by bogeymen on a regular basis. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It sounds kind of boring written out, but every one or two turns was harrowing - will he make it another step?  Will they get more than a grazing blow, or be able to lock down a bite?... And my character bore the wounds of that experience for the rest of his days.

Two questions:
Do shops ever gain new goods you didn't supply?

How do you retire as more than a peasant?  I'm tired of my world-renowned characters retiring as mud-dwellers.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: November 19, 2010, 08:19:44 am »

Could you possibly make it so that Werewolves ca wear bone armour and weild bone weapons? 'Cause that would be awsome!

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #3923 on: November 19, 2010, 09:02:51 am »

short info on how to use this mod on linux/osx and how to make a platform independant package
unrar the package from deon, then
Code: [Select]
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads> cd "deons genesis 3.18"
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/deons genesis 3.18> rm -rf *.exe *.dll *.ogg
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/deons genesis 3.18> mv raw/graphics/orcs.PNG raw/graphics/orcs.png
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/deons genesis 3.18> cd ..
after these steps, you have cleaned the distribution of binary junk. you could redistribute what's left and have a multiplatform package with much smaller size.
note the misnamed orcs.PNG which causes problems on case sensitive filesystems.
Code: [Select]
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads> mkdir genesis18
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads> cd genesis18/
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/genesis18> tar xvf ../df_31_18_linux.tar.bz2
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/genesis18> cd df_linux/
rofl@sus3r:~/Downloads/genesis18/df_linux> cp -R ../../deons\ genesis\ 3.18/* .
done. you can now enter ./df and play (without sound, unless you link /lib/libopenal.so.X and /lib/libsndfile.so.Y manually to df_linux/libs - that is because of a bug in DF itself, see http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62159.msg1710890#msg1710890 for a solution)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:57:46 am by anallyst »
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: November 19, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »

Just sos you are aware, towns do not exist on tundra. Even if the map says they are there. Even if they are supposed to have shops for me to buy things in. *sigh*.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: November 19, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

I'm at 60 dwarves with nearly 1 million dwarf bucks and the only thing i've had was goblin ambushes--i really want other races to attack me haha.

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: November 19, 2010, 03:17:43 pm »

So my fort was smashed by demons, started another and realized, no moods! Is this on purpose, or just me? Can i put them back in?
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #3927 on: November 19, 2010, 03:29:58 pm »

bug report: rock grinder, both arrows and bolts have the same hotkey 'a'

btw, how hard would it be to add plantable trees (fungiwood or other underground kind) ?
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: November 19, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »

You can't plant trees, but I should be able to make a plant->wood reaction easily. It will take a whole stack though, it's a DF reaction behavior.

So my fort was smashed by demons, started another and realized, no moods! Is this on purpose, or just me? Can i put them back in?
You are doing something wrong. The moods are there! Make sure you didn't somehow modify your d_init.txt and set no moods there (ARTIFACTS:YES). Otherwise you probably need to dig more. The amount of moods depends on the amount of stone you've dug out.

I'm at 60 dwarves with nearly 1 million dwarf bucks and the only thing i've had was goblin ambushes--i really want other races to attack me haha.
60 dwarves is too few, I think you need around 100 or 140 to trigger Illithids. I will reduce the required values in the next version (and I will finally apply different skill rates for different castes).

Could you possibly make it so that Werewolves ca wear bone armour and weild bone weapons? 'Cause that would be awsome!
Not real bone, but a bone-like material is possible.

Quote from: Rainekage
Two questions:
Do shops ever gain new goods you didn't supply?

How do you retire as more than a peasant?  I'm tired of my world-renowned characters retiring as mud-dwellers.
I think shops resupply from time to time, but I am not sure about that.

The retirement is probably a placeholder and it's not moddable (sadly).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:21:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: November 19, 2010, 06:32:08 pm »

Holy crap i have my pop capped at 150 as after 150 its just to many dwarves and the FPS gos to hell--will i not get some races? When you say 'dangerous sieges' i'm expecting a siege of 40 enemys at 40 dwarves haha when i get 100 dwarves sieges wont be an issue. At 60 dwarves i already have 30 dwarves in full sets of superior+ red steel/leather armor and i plan on drafting every useless dwarf into the army so that means at 150 i'll have more then 60% of the population in the army.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 642